PDA

View Full Version : Identify plug- Installing aftermarket running light

Ridgerunner
01-27-2016, 11:51 AM
I found these two plugs hanging down by the front bumper. Common sense tells me they are for auxiliary lighting. I plan to throw on a couple 5" running lights and thought I might tap into these. Can anyone confirm that they are lighting and how they tie in? (For example hot with parking lights or headlights only?) Also, I'm not a big fan of cutting wires, so does Ford sell an adapter kit or anything to plug up to these?
Thanks all.
RR:confused:
2003 F150 SuperCrew 2X4 with 4.6L

djfllmn
01-27-2016, 11:53 AM
Looks like plugs for factory fog lights. And no ford does not sell an adapter harness. Only the pigtail that you have in your hand

Ford Fan#1
01-27-2016, 12:55 PM
Looks like plugs for factory fog lights. And no ford does not sell an adapter harness. Only the pigtail that you have in your hand that is what that connector is for. Get a valance and fog lights and the headlight switch and bam. Foglights without modification. :D

Jersey_Joe
01-27-2016, 07:09 PM
Looks like the hook up for the factory fog lights

5Star tuned.....

Ridgerunner
01-28-2016, 12:46 PM
So I would need to get a relay switch for these to be powered on? (if it's not already there)
I plan to leave the valance off and just run lights on the push bar.
Thanks

RhinoZ24
01-29-2016, 12:55 AM
So I would need to get a relay switch for these to be powered on? (if it's not already there)
I plan to leave the valance off and just run lights on the push bar.
Thanks

Yup, just need the switch with the fog light option and the lights themselves and it should be good to go.

Ridgerunner
02-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Yup, just need the switch with the fog light option and the lights themselves and it should be good to go.

Keep in mind I'm new to wiring. I should be looking for an empty Relay socket in my fuse box under the hood in the fog lamp location, and I need a special relay for that? (What is a "fog light option"?)
thanks

Ford Fan#1
02-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Keep in mind I'm new to wiring. I should be looking for an empty Relay socket in my fuse box under the hood in the fog lamp location, and I need a special relay for that? (What is a "fog light option"?) thanks .. There's no fuse. Foglights were an option your truck had available but it was not selected when the truck was built. It is too add on another factory option that the truck can have without modification needed. You just need a new valance ( one with foglight cutouts ) and a new headlight switch that has the connectors in the switch for the foglight. You get the housing and bulbs then plug it in and you should be good to go http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt16/adamsmith11361/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-01/567463EB-DDAB-4866-83CB-F9CB712E1A94_zpsrjsnbxwv.jpg (http://s593.photobucket.com/user/adamsmith11361/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-01/567463EB-DDAB-4866-83CB-F9CB712E1A94_zpsrjsnbxwv.jpg.html) the foglight cutouts were more commonly in 4wd models. And Expeditions. The switch is like the one you already have but it has a little light that comes on when you pull out on the selector. Say you turn the headlights on. Then you gently pull out on the switch. Yours will do that. But it does not have the equipment in the switch to turn the foglights on.

----------

.. There's no fuse. Foglights were an option your truck had available but it was not selected when the truck was built. It is too add on another factory option that the truck can have without modification needed. You just need a new valance ( one with foglight cutouts ) and a new headlight switch that has the connectors in the switch for the foglight. You get the housing and bulbs then plug it in and you should be good to go [/URL] the foglight cutouts were more commonly in 4wd models. And Expeditions. The switch is like the one you already have but it has a little light that comes on when you pull out on the selector. Say you turn the headlights on. Then you gently pull out on the switch. Yours will do that. But it does not have the equipment in the switch to turn the foglights on. [url]http://www.f150forum.com/f6/fog-lights-328986/ (http://s593.photobucket.com/user/adamsmith11361/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-01/567463EB-DDAB-4866-83CB-F9CB712E1A94_zpsrjsnbxwv.jpg.html) read through this thread and it should tel you everything you need to know.

RhinoZ24
02-01-2016, 11:17 PM
Keep in mind I'm new to wiring. I should be looking for an empty Relay socket in my fuse box under the hood in the fog lamp location, and I need a special relay for that? (What is a "fog light option"?)
thanks

The headlight switch that lets you select headlights on, parking lights, automatic lights, etc. you need another switch that has an option for Fog lights in order for those wires to get power. Adam gave you all that info though.