PDA

View Full Version : 2015 F-150 FX4 Parking brake

dhoze
01-18-2016, 05:53 PM
I have a new problem with the freezing weather I have to use my parking brake all the time where I park and it seems the right rear wheel is not releasing until things warm-up
I suspect water in the cable that is freezing as anybody else have any problems

----------

[QUOTE="dhoze;111945"]I have a new problem with the freezing weather I have to use my parking brake all the time where I park and it seems the right rear wheel is not releasing until things warm-up I suspect water in the cable that is freezing has anybody else had any problems

BFEB
01-19-2016, 09:09 AM
I'd pull the rear wheels and lubricate all the moving parts for the barking brake system and cycle it several times to make sure the lubricant gets into all the moving parts.

----------

I'd pull the rear wheels and lubricate all the moving parts for the barking brake system and cycle it several times to make sure the lubricant gets into all the moving parts. Now that I've thought for a bit the 1st thing I'd do is take it to the dealer and make them do whatever they'd have to. Put that bumper to bumper warranty to work.

dhoze
01-25-2016, 05:07 AM
Went to dealer today an they lubricated all moving parts so far so good

BFEB
01-25-2016, 08:40 AM
Went to dealer today an they lubricated all moving parts so far so good Good deal!!

CarlosEG
06-22-2016, 08:52 AM
I got an error message that parking brake was not able to be released (2015 Sport 2.7 l) next day issue disappear. This happens on June, no freezing conditions.