PDA

View Full Version : ABS light won't turn off

Chillificate
01-09-2016, 10:14 PM
Hello all! I have a '96 F150 and I just changed the lights on my speedometer to blue LED's. For whatever reason when I reassembled everything my ABS light turned on and now it won't turn off. There's no drag or anything like the brakes are activated, the light is just on. It's not a serious problem, but it's annoying and I'd like to get it fixed. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

baldyman
01-11-2016, 06:57 AM
did you remove the dash, disconnect any wires? It is possible that a wire got knicked/shorted or you forgot to connect the abs light wire back up. seems like too much of a coincidence if it happened immediately after. wouldnt hurt to check the associated fuses either

Chillificate
01-12-2016, 10:56 PM
That's what I was thinking. Accidentally knocking a wire loose. I didn't take the entire thing out. I only moved it enough for me to get my hands back there to change the bulbs. (Yay tiny hands) I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary and I didn't pull it too hard, so I thought it might be something else. I gotta go back in there and change the LED's to brighter ones so I might as well take my time taking everything out and see what's going on. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baldyman
01-13-2016, 07:21 AM
hopefully that is all it is. good luck!