PDA

View Full Version : Codes PO171 & PO174

sic_f150
10-27-2015, 09:50 AM
So I have a 2005 f150 with a 5.4 in it & it's driving me absolutely nuts. I've done plenty of research on the codes (lean on bank 1 & 2) and can't seem to fix the problem or find where anyone has pin pointed exactly what's going on with them. I've even had the truck at 3 different mechanic & they come up with nothing. So with that being said has anyone actually fixed this infamous issue in these trucks? I've cleaned the maf sensor, new air filter, new fuel filter, cleaned the throttle body, replaced the plugs & wires & replaced the VCT solenoids. Can anyone please help? It's driving me nuts when it stalls out on me & jerks all the time. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Ford Fan#1
10-27-2015, 10:36 AM
So I have a 2005 f150 with a 5.4 in it & it's driving me absolutely nuts. I've done plenty of research on the codes (lean on bank 1 & 2) and can't seem to fix the problem or find where anyone has pin pointed exactly what's going on with them. I've even had the truck at 3 different mechanic & they come up with nothing. So with that being said has anyone actually fixed this infamous issue in these trucks? I've cleaned the maf sensor, new air filter, new fuel filter, cleaned the throttle body, replaced the plugs & wires & replaced the VCT solenoids. Can anyone please help? It's driving me nuts when it stalls out on me & jerks all the time. Any info is greatly appreciated. do your exhaust manifolds leak?? And maybe a vacuum leak?

Jersey_Joe
10-27-2015, 11:53 AM
do your exhaust manifolds leak?? And maybe a vacuum leak?
Kid nailed my question.

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
10-27-2015, 12:30 PM
Kid nailed my question. 5Star tuned..... yep haha. And @the op.. I wouldn't drive it until you get it fixed.. Ruins your new plugs and plugs your catalytic converters.. Not to mention the gas Milage..

sic_f150
10-27-2015, 02:08 PM
I keep thinking a vacuum leak as well but haven't been able to find it. I'll check everything out this weekend. Thanks for the advice guys

RhinoZ24
10-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Could be O2 sensor relate as well. They tell the ECU to readjust the A/F ratio which could cause it to run lean. Might have a faulty one but it hasn't thrown it's own code yet.

sic_f150
10-28-2015, 03:53 AM
Yea the O2 sensors were an option as well but I pretty much ruled those out since it's showing lean on both banks. Didn't figure they would both go bad a once & as you said it's not throwing its own code.