PDA

View Full Version : Where can i go and get a tune?

wernotalone2k25
10-25-2015, 09:22 AM
I'm in the DFW Denton area and I want a tune for my 2010 f150 4x2 4.6L V8 3V and I'm putting on a CAI. About how much do I expect to spend? Thanks

Jersey_Joe
10-25-2015, 09:34 AM
I'm in the DFW Denton area and I want a tune for my 2010 f150 4x2 4.6L V8 3V and I'm putting on a CAI. About how much do I expect to spend? Thanks Custom Dynomemeter Chassis Tuning Products and Services - 5 Star Tuning (http://5startuning.com/)
Bro these guys are the best. They tuned my truck and have it running better than some pony cars. The best part is there customer service. The service after the tune and delivery is where it's at. And..... Free tunes for life!!! Plus tell em your a member here at the nation. And you'll get a discount. They have a huge assortment of products. I went with the very ford friendly sct. I'm tellin u bud. Others claim to be awesome. And many are. But these guys are ford guys. And get all geeked up to do there job. Ask for a fella named Chris. Tell em jersey Joe sent u. U tell em what u want to do. And they will make it happin for the best price.
What r u waiting for. Go!!! Lol

5Star tuned.....

wernotalone2k25
10-25-2015, 09:52 AM
Also, I have the tow haul button. Can they make it a performance button, because I use my truck for work and occasionally towing but I never use the button. So I was hoping they could tune strictly the tow/haul button to 93 octane, timing advance, shift points, shift firmness, a/f ratio, etc...
Stock-stock everything
Tow/Haul- performance tune
Is that possible?

Jersey_Joe
10-25-2015, 10:28 AM
Also, I have the tow haul button. Can they make it a performance button, because I use my truck for work and occasionally towing but I never use the button. So I was hoping they could tune strictly the tow/haul button to 93 octane, timing advance, shift points, shift firmness, a/f ratio, etc... Stock-stock everything Tow/Haul- performance tune Is that possible?
Anything is possible. The button thing. Maybe. Take some programming for sure. But I think a hand held tuner is what u need. And running a 93 tune. Requires 93. Make sure it's in There ya know

5Star tuned.....

RhinoZ24
10-25-2015, 01:03 PM
Also, I have the tow haul button. Can they make it a performance button, because I use my truck for work and occasionally towing but I never use the button. So I was hoping they could tune strictly the tow/haul button to 93 octane, timing advance, shift points, shift firmness, a/f ratio, etc...
Stock-stock everything
Tow/Haul- performance tune
Is that possible?

All the tow/haul button does is raise the shift points to gain more torque. However it engages engine braking on a lot of trucks, meaning that if you let off the gas your truck will downshift and slow down. Idk if they would make a tune for the button specifically. But all you need is a tuner from 5Star with a couple of tunes to fit your needs and you can tell them what you want. I know they can do that lol.