PDA

View Full Version : Install sync updates

wernotalone2k25
10-19-2015, 07:36 PM
2010 F150 XLT with regular sync, new update came out and I followed the instructions on how to install it to a flash drive directly from the website. Then I followed the instructions on the ford website again on how to install it into the system. Nothing has worked, I've tried several times, nothing is working, I'm thinking about taking it to the dealership to have them try and install it, any ideas?

Ford Fan#1
10-19-2015, 07:53 PM
2010 F150 XLT with regular sync, new update came out and I followed the instructions on how to install it to a flash drive directly from the website. Then I followed the instructions on the ford website again on how to install it into the system. Nothing has worked, I've tried several times, nothing is working, I'm thinking about taking it to the dealership to have them try and install it, any ideas? that's why I had the dealership do it to my mom's explorer.. Never could figure it out myself. They didn't charge me

Jersey_Joe
10-20-2015, 04:49 AM
2010 F150 XLT with regular sync, new update came out and I followed the instructions on how to install it to a flash drive directly from the website. Then I followed the instructions on the ford website again on how to install it into the system. Nothing has worked, I've tried several times, nothing is working, I'm thinking about taking it to the dealership to have them try and install it, any ideas?
I would take it to the dealership. That's why they do ya know. Good luck

5Star tuned.....

BFEB
10-20-2015, 07:34 AM
2010 F150 XLT with regular sync, new update came out and I followed the instructions on how to install it to a flash drive directly from the website. Then I followed the instructions on the ford website again on how to install it into the system. Nothing has worked, I've tried several times, nothing is working, I'm thinking about taking it to the dealership to have them try and install it, any ideas? Was it a completely blank and formatted flash drive? The computer in the truck won't read the update if there is anything else on it.

wernotalone2k25
10-20-2015, 07:45 AM
Was it a completely blank and formatted flash drive? The computer in the truck won't read the update if there is anything else on it.

I had the software on the flash drive, but it was so difficult, I'm just taking it to the dealership

BFEB
10-20-2015, 08:45 AM
I had the software on the flash drive, but it was so difficult, I'm just taking it to the dealership Fair enough. I've done a few before so if they give you grief or try to charge something ridiculous hit me up and I'll try and help.

wernotalone2k25
10-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Fair enough. I've done a few before so if they give you grief or try to charge something ridiculous hit me up and I'll try and help.

I just talked the dealership and they said the update was going to be $149.99. That's pretty expensive, so if you can provide me with details and walk me through the process, that would be appreciated!

BFEB
10-20-2015, 06:21 PM
First thing I'd do is delete everything from the flash drive. After you're done with that format the drive. Then get on the net and download the update to the flash drive.

----------

After all that go out and start your truck (it has to be running for the install to work) then just follow this video.

SYNC (http://youtu.be/vqivYU-gCO4)

wernotalone2k25
10-20-2015, 07:00 PM
First thing I'd do is delete everything from the flash drive. After you're done with that format the drive. Then get on the net and download the update to the flash drive. ---------- After all that go out and start your truck (it has to be running for the install to work) then just follow this video. SYNC (http://youtu.be/vqivYU-gCO4)

Thanks

BFEB
10-21-2015, 08:37 AM
Thanks did that get it taken care of for you?

wernotalone2k25
10-21-2015, 09:04 AM
I currently don't have time, but I will tonight I forgot my flash drive! 😡

wernotalone2k25
10-24-2015, 06:14 PM
Update: I followed everything step my step and all it says is no media files, I've tried everything I'm just thinking about not even bothering to do it!

Jersey_Joe
10-24-2015, 07:32 PM
At this point. I dunno what I would do without it. So used to it now. I will tell u. I think it's worth just taking to ford Or try again

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
10-24-2015, 10:38 PM
At this point. I dunno what I would do without it. So used to it now. I will tell u. I think it's worth just taking to ford Or try again 5Star tuned..... yep. My dealer didn't even charge to update the sync in my mom's explorer. But I guess it just depends on the dealer

Ragnar
10-25-2015, 06:58 AM
The best way to update it is to carefully remove it from the vehicle, place it on a good hard surface (concrete or asphalt), and apply repeated pressure with a sledge hammer until there are no pieces left bigger than a quarter. Then replace it with a real aftermarket stereo.

Seriously......For what Ford (as well as the rest) charges for audio in their vehicles, they should be able to easily update themselves. Ditch that pos, and get something with Bluetooth, and don't look back. Your ears will thank you too.

BFEB
10-25-2015, 07:58 AM
Update: I followed everything step my step and all it says is no media files, I've tried everything I'm just thinking about not even bothering to do it! Well dang. I wonder if your flash drive isn't formatted in the wrong format for it to be read by sync. You might try buying another flash drive (they're cheap) and giving it a go one more time.

Jersey_Joe
10-25-2015, 09:27 AM
The best way to update it is to carefully remove it from the vehicle, place it on a good hard surface (concrete or asphalt), and apply repeated pressure with a sledge hammer until there are no pieces left bigger than a quarter. Then replace it with a real aftermarket stereo. Seriously......For what Ford (as well as the rest) charges for audio in their vehicles, they should be able to easily update themselves. Ditch that pos, and get something with Bluetooth, and don't look back. Your ears will thank you too.
Could b very fun to do that. However. Couple rounds from the AR is also a stress reliever as well lol.
I'd try a new flash drive first. Like bfeb said. There cheap. If it were me? I'd take it to Ford and have it fixed. Not that Ragnar doesn't have a great point. U can buy an aftermarket system with Bluetooth. Me? I kinda like the stock dash. I'm in the middle of researching my purchase for door speakers. And I do t want to lose sync. So I'm going with upgrading speakers. Amps and a line out converter to keep the stock look.
But u get pros and cons for everything. If I didn't like my dash? Absolutely would upgrade. Good luck bud. But. Having sync now since 10". I've grown comfortable with it. And enjoy it. I have had no probs with it either. It reads me perfectly. But if u decide to upgrade. I do a lot of reading on crutchfield. Good research over there.

5Star tuned.....

wernotalone2k25
10-25-2015, 09:32 AM
My flash drive is formatted to FAT32

Ragnar
10-25-2015, 09:43 AM
Could b very fun to do that. However. Couple rounds from the AR is also a stress reliever as well lol.
I'd try a new flash drive first. Like bfeb said. There cheap. If it were me? I'd take it to Ford and have it fixed. Not that Ragnar doesn't have a great point. U can buy an aftermarket system with Bluetooth. Me? I kinda like the stock dash. I'm in the middle of researching my purchase for door speakers. And I do t want to lose sync. So I'm going with upgrading speakers. Amps and a line out converter to keep the stock look.
But u get pros and cons for everything. If I didn't like my dash? Absolutely would upgrade. Good luck bud. But. Having sync now since 10". I've grown comfortable with it. And enjoy it. I have had no probs with it either. It reads me perfectly. But if u decide to upgrade. I do a lot of reading on crutchfield. Good research over there.

5Star tuned.....
This is how I finally fixed my Denon reciever. Turned it into a Marantz.

Phase 1: Hang from tree and shoot it like a pinata.

.300 Remington Ultra Mag
12g shotty
.357 Magnum

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq109/dex71/003.jpg (http://s438.photobucket.com/user/dex71/media/003.jpg.html)

Jersey_Joe
10-25-2015, 10:30 AM
This is how I finally fixed my Denon reciever. Turned it into a Marantz. Phase 1: Hang from tree and shoot it like a pinata. .300 Remington Ultra Mag 12g shotty .357 Magnum
We share the same fun!! I'm a former eod marine. Sometimes it just goes sky hi lol

5Star tuned.....

RhinoZ24
10-25-2015, 01:07 PM
This is how I finally fixed my Denon reciever. Turned it into a Marantz.

Phase 1: Hang from tree and shoot it like a pinata.

.300 Remington Ultra Mag
12g shotty
.357 Magnum

Lmfao I remember going out to the desert with a few friends some years back and doing that to a printer haha.