PDA

View Full Version : Skid Plate, Leveling kit, CAI, and tune

wernotalone2k25
10-15-2015, 05:44 PM
I want to level my truck and I'm wondering how hard would that be, then I'm thinking about a skid plate, I was hoping to make my own for cheap, get a CAI and get a tune, if I were to have this all professionally done I'm looking at $1000 but I'm hoping to get out under $500. What are your thoughts.

Ford Fan#1
10-15-2015, 06:59 PM
I want to level my truck and I'm wondering how hard would that be, then I'm thinking about a skid plate, I was hoping to make my own for cheap, get a CAI and get a tune, if I were to have this all professionally done I'm looking at $1000 but I'm hoping to get out under $500. What are your thoughts. I doubt it will be enough money. Unless you find REALLY. Good deals on Craigslist or something like that. Welcome to the fourm btw

wernotalone2k25
10-15-2015, 07:44 PM
Thank you, I am hoping to make my own skid plates, and if I were to divert, I would stick with the custom skid plates, and the a leveling kit.

RhinoZ24
10-15-2015, 09:39 PM
I want to level my truck and I'm wondering how hard would that be, then I'm thinking about a skid plate, I was hoping to make my own for cheap, get a CAI and get a tune, if I were to have this all professionally done I'm looking at $1000 but I'm hoping to get out under $500. What are your thoughts.

If you purchase all of those and get them installed by someone else. You're easily going to be spending over 2K. All can be installed by yourself with the right tools and a lot of spare time. Plenty of YouTube videos for them. It will save you quite a bit to DIY.

anaheim_drew
10-15-2015, 09:58 PM
if I were to have this all professionally done I'm looking at $1000
$1000 is a great price for everything you want

wernotalone2k25
10-16-2015, 07:45 AM
The performance mods would be nice but, I like the looks of the leveling kit and the skid plate. That's the cheapest route, a little later I will get a CAI and a tune. But I'm currently getting a new cord for my radar detector. So it may be a while, once I get all of this completed I will upload pics.

RhinoZ24
10-16-2015, 11:59 AM
The performance mods would be nice but, I like the looks of the leveling kit and the skid plate. That's the cheapest route, a little later I will get a CAI and a tune. But I'm currently getting a new cord for my radar detector. So it may be a while, once I get all of this completed I will upload pics.

The skid plate and leveling kit are pretty straightforward installs. Well depending in if you make your own skid plate or not haha. But not too difficult, you could definitely DIY and save a bunch of money. I feel it's more rewarding when you do the mod yourself, see exactly what you changed and know that it's done right, or at least the way you want it haha.