PDA

View Full Version : Squeeking noise coming from front of truck

thunderdoof150
09-17-2015, 05:49 AM
I have recently noticed that a high pitch, sounds like a brake sensor but I have brand new brakes, coming from the front of my truck. A little about my truck, 2006 4x4 f150 5.4l with a 2" level and 35x12.5r20 would anybody know that might be?

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App

Ford Fan#1
09-17-2015, 06:22 AM
I have recently noticed that a high pitch, sounds like a brake sensor but I have brand new brakes, coming from the front of my truck. A little about my truck, 2006 4x4 f150 5.4l with a 2" level and 35x12.5r20 would anybody know that might be? Sent from my iPhone using F150 App what kind of condition were the backing plates in? If they are rusty they can make the brakes noisy sometimes. Are your brakes sticking or anything? And is this only when braking? What kind of pads and rotors did you use?

thunderdoof150
09-17-2015, 09:22 AM
what kind of condition were the backing plates in? If they are rusty they can make the brakes noisy sometimes. Are your brakes sticking or anything? And is this only when braking? What kind of pads and rotors did you use? oem replacement pads and rotors, brakes are not sticking and it only does it at first start for a few miles

Ford Fan#1
09-17-2015, 09:27 AM
oem replacement pads and rotors, brakes are not sticking and it only does it at first start for a few miles Sent from my iPhone using F150 App would it be creaking?

thunderdoof150
09-17-2015, 11:34 AM
It sounds more like a squeak and or bird chirping

Ford Fan#1
09-17-2015, 12:10 PM
It sounds more like a squeak and or bird chirping Sent from my iPhone using F150 App any chance of a video recording?

thunderdoof150
09-17-2015, 02:33 PM
I can try and get one

Papa_J
04-01-2016, 09:56 PM
I chased this down on my truck. It turned out to be coming from the rear of the truck at the pinion flange. I replaced the seal a month or so prior, and I followed the torque specs for the pinion nut. I had replaced the pads and rotors, idler pulley, water pump pulley, and even the u joints. When that didn't work, I went back to the last place I had done work prior...the pinion seal. I dropped the drive shaft and torqued down the pinion nut a little more, and amazingly, the squeak was gone to never return.
I still have to tear down the rear diff again to install a Detroit locker true trac, so I'll be pulling the whole thing again soon and resetting backlash, replacing bearings, etc, but I was never so thankful to get rid of the squeak.

2005 Ford F150 Lariat SCREW 4x4 5.4L

cooperf150-06
04-02-2016, 08:13 AM
I chased this down on my truck. It turned out to be coming from the rear of the truck at the pinion flange. I replaced the seal a month or so prior, and I followed the torque specs for the pinion nut. I had replaced the pads and rotors, idler pulley, water pump pulley, and even the u joints. When that didn't work, I went back to the last place I had done work prior...the pinion seal. I dropped the drive shaft and torqued down the pinion nut a little more, and amazingly, the squeak was gone to never return. I still have to tear down the rear diff again to install a Detroit locker true trac, so I'll be pulling the whole thing again soon and resetting backlash, replacing bearings, etc, but I was never so thankful to get rid of the squeak. 2005 Ford F150 Lariat SCREW 4x4 5.4L that's great glad u found the issue and fixed it