PDA

View Full Version : Something wetting passanger floor..

Ford Fan#1
07-27-2015, 08:06 PM
So.. The last time I vacuumed the King Ranch I noticed some moisture in the floor board.. I got it out.. And tonight I felt under the passanger floor liner ( ONLY spot wet ) and that ended in this. I pulled the kick plate and lifted the carpet the first time and the metal was moist but not soaked. Can the evaporator be messed up? Or did the dumb*** that broke the steering gear pay another dumb*** to fix it and not put the cab back together right? Anyway... HOW THE HELL DO YOU BREAK A STEERING GEAR OFF THE FRAME!?! If it wasn't 90 outside and more humid then a fat kid's nut sack in gym class I would use vent to see if it only gets wet if I use the air conditioner. It seems to drain alright. But I'm not sure if it's draining enough. My brother said he thinks it only drains if the truck is on a slope so the right side is lower then the left. Wet floor board. - YouTube (http://youtu.be/xsf9_m-g7TU)

Carolina Boostin
07-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Could be the heater core

Ford Fan#1
07-27-2015, 08:59 PM
Could be the heater core it's not sweet. It smells like musty water and I tasted it.. It's not coolant.. I hope it's the drain, i'm getting pipe cleaners tomorrow.

Grabber70Mach
07-28-2015, 06:34 AM
If it wasn't 90 outside and more humid then a fat kid's nut sack in gym class

http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/camelswithhammers/files/2013/04/600176_10151475352464764_59330930_n.jpg
And you know this little fact of life, why?

From Infinity and beyond

Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Ford Fan#1
07-28-2015, 12:41 PM
http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/camelswithhammers/files/2013/04/600176_10151475352464764_59330930_n.jpg And you know this little fact of life, why? From Infinity and beyond Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. beacause I was a fat kid when I had gym class :D and I still am a fat kid lmao

Grabber70Mach
07-28-2015, 12:49 PM
beacause I was a fat kid when I had gym class :D
http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/8/19/16/anigif_original-grid-image-24626-1376943200-7.gif
Good answer, good answer

From Infinity and beyond

Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience

Ford Fan#1
07-28-2015, 01:24 PM
http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/8/19/16/anigif_original-grid-image-24626-1376943200-7.gif Good answer, good answer From Infinity and beyond Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. well I use to be a fat kid in gym class.. Now I'm a fat kid working a pressure washer lmao

Ford Fan#1
07-28-2015, 03:31 PM
well I use to be a fat kid in gym class.. Now I'm a fat kid working a pressure washer lmao got some pipe cleaners ( or "fuzzy sticks" now since nobody smokes a pipe anymore.. ) nothing. Next is maybe some compressed air. Looked before and after I got the pipe cleaners for it draining. Nothing..

djfllmn
07-28-2015, 05:31 PM
got some pipe cleaners ( or "fuzzy sticks" now since nobody smokes a pipe anymore.. ) nothing. Next is maybe some compressed air. Looked before and after I got the pipe cleaners for it draining. Nothing..

do NOT blow compressed air in there

Ford Fan#1
07-28-2015, 05:47 PM
do NOT blow compressed air in there what else can I do then? If it's clogged it's up deep in there.

djfllmn
07-28-2015, 05:53 PM
what else can I do then? If it's clogged it's up deep in there. pull the dash and clean it

Ford Fan#1
07-28-2015, 06:06 PM
pull the dash and clean it any idea on what side and what needs pulled of the dash?

djfllmn
07-28-2015, 06:07 PM
any idea on what side and what needs pulled of the dash? well the whole dash needs to come out....

Ford Fan#1
07-28-2015, 06:13 PM
well the whole dash needs to come out.... great... So how long will that usually take?.. Any idea?.. And heater core and re soldering the odometer.. Might as well do that right?

djfllmn
07-28-2015, 06:17 PM
great... So how long will that usually take?.. Any idea?.. And heater core and re soldering the odometer.. Might as well do that right? well it's not exactly what I would classify as a weekend job

Jersey_Joe
07-28-2015, 07:13 PM
any idea on what side and what needs pulled of the dash?
Haynes manual would tell u that

5Star tuned.....

----------

great... So how long will that usually take?.. Any idea?.. And heater core and re soldering the odometer.. Might as well do that right?
That too

5Star tuned.....

----------

Go get one kid. I'm tellin u. You can get a lot of knowledge in there

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
07-28-2015, 07:15 PM
Haynes manual would tell u that 5Star tuned..... ---------- That too 5Star tuned..... ---------- Go get one kid. I'm tellin u. You can get a lot of knowledge in there 5Star tuned..... .. I'm about to say screw it and spend the $30 honestly.. Or order one from eBay or Amazon

cooperf150-06
07-28-2015, 07:23 PM
.. I'm about to say screw it and spend the $30 honestly.. Or order one from eBay or Amazon

Yeah he has only been telling u this for a year now

Ford Fan#1
07-28-2015, 07:28 PM
Yeah he has only been telling u this for a year now yeah... Which one is better? Or are they the same?

Jersey_Joe
07-29-2015, 03:46 AM
.. I'm about to say screw it and spend the $30 honestly.. Or order one from eBay or Amazon
Heard that one before lol. Go get one kid. I'm tellin u. U can find a lot of answers in there

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
07-29-2015, 07:32 AM
Heard that one before lol. Go get one kid. I'm tellin u. U can find a lot of answers in there 5Star tuned..... including where the ac's drain tube is??

Ford Fan#1
07-29-2015, 12:10 PM
So the original tube we thought was the ac drain tube was the transmission vent.... So that was fun. Now the fender flare is off along with the wheel well liner and we are NOW cleaning the drain tube. It's dripping now. But not completely cleared. And noticed that a exhaust manifold stud is cracked.. And cleaned up the fender and molding.. It's fixed now and dripping.

Jersey_Joe
07-29-2015, 02:12 PM
So the original tube we thought was the ac drain tube was the transmission vent.... So that was fun. Now the fender flare is off along with the wheel well liner and we are NOW cleaning the drain tube. It's dripping now. But not completely cleared. And noticed that a exhaust manifold stud is cracked.. And cleaned up the fender and molding.. It's fixed now and dripping.
So. How did u find that out? Because it came out red? Hmmmm. Somthin tells me if you had your what.............? You woulda know!!! I'll b honest. Don't even try to crack them manifolds. You do what U want. It's well. It's not yours. But. Idfk what it is. All I do know is that is a mess of problems "if" it doesn't go well. If the stud breaks. Which it most likely will cause of the miles ur gonna play hell kid. Like I said. U can if u want. But if it was me? I'd really leave em alone

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
07-29-2015, 02:48 PM
So. How did u find that out? Because it came out red? Hmmmm. Somthin tells me if you had your what.............? You woulda know!!! I'll b honest. Don't even try to crack them manifolds. You do what U want. It's well. It's not yours. But. Idfk what it is. All I do know is that is a mess of problems "if" it doesn't go well. If the stud breaks. Which it most likely will cause of the miles ur gonna play hell kid. Like I said. U can if u want. But if it was me? I'd really leave em alone 5Star tuned..... no.. Yes....... It was overfilled a bit and that just spit out the extra. And nope.. My brother doesn't see a need for it. So I can't get one beacause I don't have a ride to get it.

Jersey_Joe
07-29-2015, 04:05 PM
no.. Yes....... It was overfilled a bit and that just spit out the extra. And nope.. My brother doesn't see a need for it. So I can't get one beacause I don't have a ride to get it.
Suit yourself

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
07-29-2015, 04:56 PM
Suit yourself 5Star tuned..... it's fixed though..

djfllmn
07-29-2015, 05:03 PM
no.. Yes....... It was overfilled a bit and that just spit out the extra. And nope.. My brother doesn't see a need for it. So I can't get one beacause I don't have a ride to get it.

there is this crazy new fangled thing called the internet. you can buy stuff on there

Jersey_Joe
07-29-2015, 05:46 PM
there is this crazy new fangled thing called the internet. you can buy stuff on there
Crazy how that thing works

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
07-29-2015, 06:24 PM
there is this crazy new fangled thing called the internet. you can buy stuff on there I know. I'm going to soon.

Jersey_Joe
07-29-2015, 06:28 PM
I know. I'm going to soon.
Mm hmm. Lol

5Star tuned.....

Grabber70Mach
07-29-2015, 06:28 PM
I know. I'm going to soon.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/06/39/80/063980193a917754039300ae62b06afa.jpg

From Infinity and beyond

Jersey_Joe
07-29-2015, 06:29 PM
It's all good. U do what ev u want why? Cause u can. But that book will help u. It's worth it

5Star tuned.....

RhinoZ24
07-31-2015, 07:50 PM
Yeah he has only been telling u this for a year now

And me, best money you'll ever spend and it'll save you a bunch later on.

Jersey_Joe
07-31-2015, 09:15 PM
Holla^^^

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
08-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Decided to feel under the floor liner last night... Great.. I'm saying screw it and buying a manual after work. I'm sure this will rot the floor out if it's not completely dry.. Hopefully the Haynes manual is stupid proof Beacause I'm sure there's going to be a lot of that trying to take the dash out..

Jersey_Joe
08-03-2015, 10:17 AM
I hope so kid. Ur gonna need one

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
08-03-2015, 05:10 PM
I hope so kid. Ur gonna need one 5Star tuned..... here you go joe :D

djfllmn
08-03-2015, 05:16 PM
adam are you 100% sure its the evap core? the more and more i think about it i seem to stray towards an actual water leak

Jersey_Joe
08-03-2015, 05:46 PM
here you go joe :D
It's about time kid lol. You'll see. Next time u wanna fix something? U now have a manual. Great job kid!!!

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
08-03-2015, 05:52 PM
adam are you 100% sure its the evap core? the more and more i think about it i seem to stray towards an actual water leak it's not been raining lately. Idk what else it could be honestly. I doubt humidity would cause that much water to be in the floor. And that's the only place where it is at. I checked the entire truck's carpet and it was all dry but for the passenger's floor. And it's not letting water in when its on vent. ( it only did that Beacause the ac was on the entire time the truck was running almost. ) and that was about 100 miles A DAY.

Grabber70Mach
08-03-2015, 07:15 PM
here you go joe :D
https://youtu.be/pYzOQFpGPYE

You know I couldn't just leave it alone.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Ford Fan#1
08-03-2015, 08:26 PM
https://youtu.be/pYzOQFpGPYE You know I couldn't just leave it alone. Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk hahahaha.

Jersey_Joe
08-04-2015, 02:58 AM
Very funny Ted lol

5Star tuned.....

Carolina Boostin
08-06-2015, 06:48 PM
So who pissed in your floor?

Ford Fan#1
08-06-2015, 07:04 PM
So who pissed in your floor? it was locked so idk what it could have been. It didn't smell like piss lmao

Ford Fan#1
08-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Anyone want to help me pull the dash? This is starting to piss me off

Jersey_Joe
08-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Read your manual bud. U can do it

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
08-11-2015, 05:00 PM
Read your manual bud. U can do it 5Star tuned..... it needs done quick or my dad will flip s*** if the dash is laying in my bedroom lmao. And the manual doesn't really say what to do for this issue.. And I don't have the money for everything dj said I should replace. Such as the heater core and stuff like that.. Then I'd have to re solder the odometer.. And re paint the entire dash beacause it's peeling.. And my first soldering attempt left me with a ruined compass display.. That I can no longer remove from the ceiling beacause something is up with the connector.. So that sucks since you can't find any of them without the temperature gauge in it..

Jersey_Joe
08-11-2015, 06:39 PM
it needs done quick or my dad will flip s*** if the dash is laying in my bedroom lmao. And the manual doesn't really say what to do for this issue.. And I don't have the money for everything dj said I should replace. Such as the heater core and stuff like that.. Then I'd have to re solder the odometer.. And re paint the entire dash beacause it's peeling.. And my first soldering attempt left me with a ruined compass display.. That I can no longer remove from the ceiling beacause something is up with the connector.. So that sucks since you can't find any of them without the temperature gauge in it..
It's not the end of the world. Save ur money. Get what u need. Take it apart on a fri night. Repair sat mourn. Rebuild. Should b done by church. That's all u have to do kid. Save ur money. And do yourself. You are going to b your best teacher. Just sayin. U can do it. Don't b scared. Seriously. Grab that f'r by the horns and get some!

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
08-11-2015, 07:53 PM
It's not the end of the world. Save ur money. Get what u need. Take it apart on a fri night. Repair sat mourn. Rebuild. Should b done by church. That's all u have to do kid. Save ur money. And do yourself. You are going to b your best teacher. Just sayin. U can do it. Don't b scared. Seriously. Grab that f'r by the horns and get some! 5Star tuned..... I will eventually. Just need to fix the stuff that I already have the parts for. ( a arms on both sides. Doing MYSELF How to Replace a Control Arm (upper or lower) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/v7bOxQe_WhU) not the same vehicle but same idea )

Ford Fan#1
08-30-2015, 12:05 AM
So the moisture turned into standing water. ( most I've vacuumed out was about 1/4 of a red solo cup full ) and recently I didn't vacuum it for about 4 days. Driving it daily. Then I vacuumed it today. And about 3 drops of water came out. With some sand. So either parking on a incline made the water push the sand up and the sand drained into the floor un clogging the drain? I hope that is what happened. Because I REALLY don't feel like taking the dash out.