PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

99f1dy
07-21-2015, 08:24 PM
My 1999 f150 4.6l has really crappy heat in the winter time. Coolant is to par & thermostat is new , heater switches are new??? I was told about the blend door but how do I change that. What else could cause little to no heat.

RhinoZ24
07-21-2015, 10:36 PM
My 1999 f150 4.6l has really crappy heat in the winter time. Coolant is to par & thermostat is new , heater switches are new??? I was told about the blend door but how do I change that. What else could cause little to no heat.

The unfortunate but likely culprit if it isn't the blend doors is your heater core. It doesn't sound like a blend door issue unless you can hear a clicking or popping sound coming from your air vents when the heater or AC is on. If its the heater core it's going to be a little pricey and very labor intensive to replace that.

Jersey_Joe
07-23-2015, 03:46 AM
In my 03 I never heard any popping. What did happin was everything worked on defroster and floor. And that was it. It took me about 6hrs to do the job. Yes. U guessed it. It was a mf'r. The whole dash comes out.

5Star tuned.....

RhinoZ24
07-23-2015, 02:07 PM
In my 03 I never heard any popping. What did happin was everything worked on defroster and floor. And that was it. It took me about 6hrs to do the job. Yes. U guessed it. It was a mf'r. The whole dash comes out.

5Star tuned.....

Which is why even mechanics would rather replace an engine than do a heater core lol.

Jersey_Joe
07-23-2015, 03:11 PM
It was the blend door

5Star tuned.....

RhinoZ24
07-24-2015, 07:46 PM
It was the blend door

5Star tuned.....

Dash still comes out for the heater core though right? That's why I said it lol. Either job is a PITA it sounds like and you have firsthand knowledge of taking the dash out so you know that lol.