PDA

View Full Version : My 1999 f150

99f1dy
07-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Hey there guys, I've got a 1999 f150 and In the winter time I've got really crappy heat, it's warm but not hot, I've tried changing switches & I've tried changing thermostat, and coolant is good not low. What you think it could be?? It's a 4.6L

Ford Fan#1
07-09-2015, 01:45 AM
Hey there guys, I've got a 1999 f150 and In the winter time I've got really crappy heat, it's warm but not hot, I've tried changing switches & I've tried changing thermostat, and coolant is good not low. What you think it could be?? It's a 4.6L a good flush might be needed.. Or a new water pump.. My heat says about 138 from the vent... What type of thermostat did you replace it with??

99f1dy
07-21-2015, 08:29 PM
a good flush might be needed.. Or a new water pump.. My heat says about 138 from the vent... What type of thermostat did you replace it with?? replaced it with stuck one & wouldn't a crappy water pump cause it too over heat. The temp gage reads right where it should at all times. Like it will blow stone cold & as soon as I hit gas really hard (in drive only) it will the turn to warm but not hot.

Ford Fan#1
07-21-2015, 08:38 PM
replaced it with stuck one & wouldn't a crappy water pump cause it too over heat. The temp gage reads right where it should at all times. Like it will blow stone cold & as soon as I hit gas really hard (in drive only) it will the turn to warm but not hot. yes it would. Is replace it.. Sorry I misread that..

RhinoZ24
07-21-2015, 10:39 PM
replaced it with stuck one & wouldn't a crappy water pump cause it too over heat. The temp gage reads right where it should at all times. Like it will blow stone cold & as soon as I hit gas really hard (in drive only) it will the turn to warm but not hot.

Yes a bad water pump would cause your truck to overheat. Your engine would have major problems at that point and you would have no shortage of heat from your heater. The more I read the more I think it's your heater core.

99f1dy
07-22-2015, 09:06 PM
Yeah cause my truck never over heats so I guess possible heater core

RhinoZ24
07-22-2015, 10:43 PM
Yeah cause my truck never over heats so I guess possible heater core

It's unfortunate but that sounds like the issue to me.

Jersey_Joe
07-23-2015, 03:11 AM
Could b the thermostat. I believe u said u just changed it but I'm riding in a 03 ranger right now that did the same thing. New thermostat and problems. Changed it. Put a new one in. No more probs.

5Star tuned.....