PDA

View Full Version : Brakes rubbing?

Ford Fan#1
06-03-2015, 04:19 PM
My rear brake line went yesterday. And the mechanic replaced it and got the air out of the system. Now it sounds like a slow motion sprinkler kind of. I have a sound clip of it and it stops when the brakes are applied. If you think you could help and you want to hear the sound clip pm me your email address. Thank you

djfllmn
06-03-2015, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. When he bled the brakes he probably got the calipers filled up where they need to be and the pads are where they should be. Probably noticed a stiffer pedal too

Ford Fan#1
06-03-2015, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. When he bled the brakes he probably got the calipers filled up where they need to be and the pads are where they should be. Probably noticed a stiffer pedal too definitely did. He only bled the left rear though.. I think it's from the front but I could be wrong. I'm going to get them all done this weekend. Maybe pads. The mechanic said that I don't need rotors. Should I replace them or just leave them?

djfllmn
06-03-2015, 04:32 PM
definitely did. He only bled the left rear though.. I think it's from the front but I could be wrong if it's from the front then the wear indicator is rubbing the rotor

Ford Fan#1
06-03-2015, 04:33 PM
if it's from the front then the wear indicator is rubbing the rotor that could be why.. I need brakes all around. Every now and then the front ones squeak

Ford Fan#1
06-04-2015, 03:40 PM
that could be why.. I need brakes all around. Every now and then the front ones squeak it seems louder today.. If it turns out to be a hub or wheel bearing that's not going to be good..

Jersey_Joe
06-04-2015, 03:48 PM
it seems louder today.. If it turns out to be a hub or wheel bearing that's not going to be good..
Could b your brakes. Jack it up pull the wheel and check em. Determine the brakes are ok first before we go hub.

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
06-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Could b your brakes. Jack it up pull the wheel and check em. Determine the brakes are ok first before we go hub. 5Star tuned..... hopefully that is the issue.. I'm going on Saturday to get the brake hoses put on ( with the help of a mechanic saying and showing what to do ) brakes blead, possibly pads and rotors.. Speed sensor replaced. Air conditioner checked out ( tested for leaks ) then the valve cover gaskets sometime in the next few weeks also.

Ford Fan#1
06-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Yeah it's the brakes... The rotors are fried. It started chugging when you hit the brakes.. Got pads and rotors just now. Ever used Wagner brand? I got them for $200 with a family friend's business discount rotors are $63 each. And $74 and pads are $79 and $66 total cost would be $421 without the discount

djfllmn
06-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Wagner is the go to for brakes

Ford Fan#1
06-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Wagner is the go to for brakes wahoo haha. Thanks. Any idea on what could be wrong with my brakes? Just need them all blead right?

Jersey_Joe
06-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Good for u kid.

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
06-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Good for u kid. 5Star tuned..... changing them Monday. Or so.. The mechanic found out that his wife is taking him out of town for his birthday. But they are getting replaced. May even paint the calipers silver

djfllmn
06-05-2015, 05:45 PM
wahoo haha. Thanks. Any idea on what could be wrong with my brakes? Just need them all blead right?

In my somewhat educated mechanical opinion i would replace the master cylinder too...especially if the brake pedal got floored when the hose blew

Ford Fan#1
06-05-2015, 05:46 PM
In my somewhat educated mechanical opinion i would replace the master cylinder too...especially if the brake pedal got floored when the hose blew it didn't exactly go to the floor. But close.

djfllmn
06-05-2015, 05:48 PM
it didn't exactly go to the floor. But close.

yep..replace the master cylinder too and you better hope the ABS pump didnt get any air in it or else its a trip to the ford dealer

Ford Fan#1
06-05-2015, 06:17 PM
yep..replace the master cylinder too and you better hope the ABS pump didnt get any air in it or else its a trip to the ford dealer where's that at?

djfllmn
06-05-2015, 06:21 PM
where's that at?

under the hood...if that gets air in it you cant bleed it the traditional way. you need the ford IDS to cycle the pump to bleed that

Ford Fan#1
06-05-2015, 06:35 PM
under the hood...if that gets air in it you cant bleed it the traditional way. you need the ford IDS to cycle the pump to bleed that ah. Okay.. My brother ( the one driving ) said the petal didn't go all the way to the floor. So that was pointless to say that it did. It looked like it did but it didn't. It stopped about where it would be if you had to stomp on the brake petal. Now it acts fine besides the brakes dragging baisically.