PDA

View Full Version : replacing drivers mirror on 2009 crewcab

allen nageotte
05-27-2015, 02:01 PM
How do I remove/replace the drivers mirror ?I believe it is causing problems with my Windows operating.

Ford Fan#1
05-27-2015, 06:20 PM
How do I remove/replace the drivers mirror ?I believe it is causing problems with my Windows operating. I believe it is held on with screws and or clips and a connector. You have to take the door panel off.

RhinoZ24
05-27-2015, 11:25 PM
I believe it is held on with screws and or clips and a connector. You have to take the door panel off.

Correct. There is 3 screws (at least on the 04-08's) inside the door panel holding it on.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

----------

How do I remove/replace the drivers mirror ?I believe it is causing problems with my Windows operating.

But what is the issue with your window?

allen nageotte
05-28-2015, 07:20 AM
The Windows only work when they want to.when I try to operate them,the the "drivers door ajar" display
comes on unroll I release the window button.I also hear a tone and sometimes the dome light fades on and off.

RhinoZ24
05-28-2015, 03:11 PM
The Windows only work when they want to.when I try to operate them,the the "drivers door ajar" display
comes on unroll I release the window button.I also hear a tone and sometimes the dome light fades on and off.

Hmm that's a strange one, I don't think it's the mirrors causing it. Take off your door panel and check all the wiring for any broken or corroding wires.

Jersey_Joe
05-29-2015, 01:20 PM
The Windows only work when they want to.when I try to operate them,the the "drivers door ajar" display comes on unroll I release the window button.I also hear a tone and sometimes the dome light fades on and off.
Well. First of all. Welcome to the nation. I just had this prob with yesterday. My rear door would not register it was closed. The window wouldn't go down. And it wouldn't lock or unlock with power. Only manually. Ford covered it because of my warrenty. But "they said" it was a connecting switch that channeled it all. Sounds like bs to me. But open it up and see if there is anything loose. Check the switches with a bolt meter to assure they are opened and closed. U will tell when there's no voltage going to what your checking that it may be your culprit. Good luck and check back in to give us an update

5Star tuned.....

----------

Volt*

5Star tuned.....

RhinoZ24
05-29-2015, 01:49 PM
Well. First of all. Welcome to the nation. I just had this prob with yesterday. My rear door would not register it was closed. The window wouldn't go down. And it wouldn't lock or unlock with power. Only manually. Ford covered it because of my warrenty. But "they said" it was a connecting switch that channeled it all. Sounds like bs to me. But open it up and see if there is anything loose. Check the switches with a bolt meter to assure they are opened and closed. U will tell when there's no voltage going to what your checking that it may be your culprit. Good luck and check back in to give us an update

5Star tuned.....

----------

Volt*

5Star tuned.....

It's either a bad wire or a switch

Jersey_Joe
05-29-2015, 02:28 PM
It's either a bad wire or a switch Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd
Your a genius. Problems solved.

5Star tuned.....

RhinoZ24
05-29-2015, 09:49 PM
Your a genius. Problems solved.

5Star tuned.....

Smart@$$ lol