PDA

View Full Version : brakes

ed sl
05-25-2015, 07:23 PM
1995 ford f150 two wheel (302 auto tranny-injected) .New rotors & pads...new drums & shoes..new wheel cyl. on left rear. New master cylinder.
Problem when going over 50 mph and applying brakes pretty hard brakes "pulse" to the point it feels like it is going to start bouncing. Steering wheel does not jiggle and brake pedal does not wiggle up and down.
Please make suggestion as It is starting to feel dangerous.

Jersey_Joe
05-25-2015, 07:39 PM
1995 ford f150 two wheel (302 auto tranny-injected) .New rotors & pads...new drums & shoes..new wheel cyl. on left rear. New master cylinder. Problem when going over 50 mph and applying brakes pretty hard brakes "pulse" to the point it feels like it is going to start bouncing. Steering wheel does not jiggle and brake pedal does not wiggle up and down. Please make suggestion as It is starting to feel dangerous.
Hey man. Welcome to the forum. I'll b honest. Sounds like a warped rotor.

5Star tuned.....

Grabber70Mach
05-26-2015, 04:48 AM
Hey man. Welcome to the forum. I'll b honest. Sounds like a warped rotor.

5Star tuned.....

I'll second what Joe said, sounds like a white box special. Did the rotors come from pep boys, auto zone or advanced auto?

From infinity and beyond.

Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

ed sl
05-26-2015, 05:02 AM
I'll second what Joe said, sounds like a white box special. Did the rotors come from pep boys, auto zone or advanced auto?

Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Everything is from NAPA. Autozone stores drums standing up.

Grabber70Mach
05-26-2015, 06:00 AM
Napa you should be good, drums I don't think will be your issue. I'm still thinking rotors, might want to get what the run out is checked, possibly get them turned.