PDA

View Full Version : Tuner for shift points.

Ford Fan#1
05-07-2015, 10:01 AM
Can I get a tuner to safely change shift points without needing a full custom tune for the motor? Or if I want to change shift points I have to mess with the engine's tuning? The reason why is when my brother has to get on it. The Rpms go to the high 4,000s - low 5,000. I don't like that at all. He lets off at around 4,500 and it doesn't stop / shift until it's at about 5,300 rpm.. And my truck has 250,300 miles on it. So that is why I don't really want to mess with the motor's tuning.

Jersey_Joe
05-07-2015, 10:07 AM
Can I get a tuner to safely change shift points without needing a full custom tune for the motor? Or if I want to change shift points I have to mess with the engine's tuning? The reason why is when my brother has to get on it. The Rpms go to the high 4,000s - low 5,000. I don't like that at all. He lets off at around 4,500 and it doesn't stop / shift until it's at about 5,300 rpm.. And my truck has 250,300 miles on it. So that is why I don't really want to mess with the motor's tuning.
U should get tunes done for your truck. Call 5star. Talk to Chris. He'll do what u need to a T. No offense kid. Not bashing. But u should not touch anything in your trucks computer. Get somebody else to do it for u

5Star tuned.....

----------

Of u ant handle spark plugs. Please. Please please don't touch your truck with a tuner that u have to self adjust. Leave that stuff to the professionals. I believe in jumping right in and fixing ur own vehicle. U? Ur special. Let somebody else do it lol. Not bashin. Not hatin. Just saying the truth. Leave it to a professional

5Star tuned.....

----------

If u cant*

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
05-07-2015, 10:10 AM
U should get tunes done for your truck. Call 5star. Talk to Chris. He'll do what u need to a T. No offense kid. Not bashing. But u should not touch anything in your trucks computer. Get somebody else to do it for u 5Star tuned..... ---------- Of u ant handle spark plugs. Please. Please please don't touch your truck with a tuner that u have to self adjust. Leave that stuff to the professionals. I believe in jumping right in and fixing ur own vehicle. U? Ur special. Let somebody else do it lol. Not bashin. Not hatin. Just saying the truth. Leave it to a professional 5Star tuned..... ---------- If u cant* 5Star tuned..... I didn't plan on it hahaha. I just want to change the shift rpm so I don't blow it up trying to get out of people's way.

Jersey_Joe
05-07-2015, 10:20 AM
I didn't plan on it hahaha. I just want to change the shift rpm so I don't blow it up trying to get out of people's way.
It's not a race car. It's 6,000 lb turd. They all are. Unless u put some serious mods in. U remember? I had one. I've forgotten more about those trucks than u remember lol. Keep ur foot out of it. All them miles? U should baby it. Especially since hour payin for it. And that's reality bud.

5Star tuned.....

----------

U should pm Anaheim_Drew. He has a sct x3 for sale. He's Sellin it for a steal. Buy it and send it to 5star and talk to chris. They will take care of u

5Star tuned.....

----------

Coop also has a tuner for sale that u can adjust shift points. Pm him

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
05-07-2015, 11:28 AM
It's not a race car. It's 6,000 lb turd. They all are. Unless u put some serious mods in. U remember? I had one. I've forgotten more about those trucks than u remember lol. Keep ur foot out of it. All them miles? U should baby it. Especially since hour payin for it. And that's reality bud. 5Star tuned..... ---------- U should pm Anaheim_Drew. He has a sct x3 for sale. He's Sellin it for a steal. Buy it and send it to 5star and talk to chris. They will take care of u 5Star tuned..... ---------- Coop also has a tuner for sale that u can adjust shift points. Pm him 5Star tuned..... I do. Usually the Rpms don't go about 2,500 ( going up a huge hill from a stop ) but when I don't go up that hill they are at about 1,900 rpm before it shifts. My dad gets his and mine to 3,000... Without needing to! That's one reason why I don't like him driving my truck. I can list a dozen more. I baby it. Unless I'm about to get hit or something like that beacause of All the a holes with a brain the size of their car's valve stem cap.

cooperf150-06
05-07-2015, 12:01 PM
It's not a race car. It's 6,000 lb turd. They all are. Unless u put some serious mods in. U remember? I had one. I've forgotten more about those trucks than u remember lol. Keep ur foot out of it. All them miles? U should baby it. Especially since hour payin for it. And that's reality bud. 5Star tuned..... ---------- U should pm Anaheim_Drew. He has a sct x3 for sale. He's Sellin it for a steal. Buy it and send it to 5star and talk to chris. They will take care of u 5Star tuned..... ---------- Coop also has a tuner for sale that u can adjust shift points. Pm him 5Star tuned.....
Had one but sold it a few months back. Thanks for thinking of me joe lol

RhinoZ24
05-07-2015, 12:32 PM
It's not a race car. It's 6,000 lb turd. They all are. Unless u put some serious mods in. U remember? I had one. I've forgotten more about those trucks than u remember lol. Keep ur foot out of it. All them miles? U should baby it. Especially since hour payin for it. And that's reality bud.

5Star tuned.....

----------

U should pm Anaheim_Drew. He has a sct x3 for sale. He's Sellin it for a steal. Buy it and send it to 5star and talk to chris. They will take care of u

5Star tuned.....

----------

Coop also has a tuner for sale that u can adjust shift points. Pm him

5Star tuned.....

His was for the 04-08 as well.

----------

Get and Edge Evolution like me, not too expensive and it has a tune that is for economy and changes the shift points only, it doesn't touch the engine tune from its stock setting. Just firms up the shift points and lowers them a bit.

Ford Fan#1
05-07-2015, 01:32 PM
His was for the 04-08 as well. ---------- Get and Edge Evolution like me, not to expensive and it has a tune that is for economy and changes the shift points only, it doesn't touch the engine tune from its stock setting. Just firms up the shift points and lowers them a bit. I'm listening. Haha. What is a bit?

Carolina Boostin
05-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Man up and call 5star and let her eat!

SSI TUNED!

FX4Life
05-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Joe.....

Too far

2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune
Cracked windshield mod

Ford Fan#1
05-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Man up and call 5star and let her eat! SSI TUNED! .. Does it involve puking too? :D hint hint hahaha. It does look like it threw up

Carolina Boostin
05-07-2015, 07:44 PM
.. Does it involve puking too? :D hint hint
I wasn't tuned when I blew. But I'll tell you what you tune yours and I'll load 2k pounds in the bed of mine and I'll race ya.

SSI TUNED!

Ford Fan#1
05-07-2015, 07:48 PM
I wasn't tuned when I blew. But I'll tell you what you tune yours and I'll load 2k pounds in the bed of mine and I'll race ya. SSI TUNED! haha.. I'd still lose lmao

cooperf150-06
05-07-2015, 07:56 PM
I wasn't tuned when I blew. But I'll tell you what you tune yours and I'll load 2k pounds in the bed of mine and I'll race ya. SSI TUNED!

Says the guy with the SSI sig

Carolina Boostin
05-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Who keeps changing my sig?

SSI TUNED!

cooperf150-06
05-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Who keeps changing my sig? SSI TUNED!

I'm guessing u, how would I know

Carolina Boostin
05-07-2015, 08:06 PM
I'm guessing u, how would I know
It was twin turbo nightmare but now it's changed

SSI TUNED!

cooperf150-06
05-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Joe..... Too far 2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune Cracked windshield mod
Lmao

----------

It was twin turbo nightmare but now it's changed SSI TUNED!

Maybe a glitch or something, still not sure

Jersey_Joe
05-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Who keeps changing my sig? SSI TUNED!
Apparently u are. It's not us lol

5Star tuned.....

----------

Man up and call 5star and let her eat! SSI TUNED!
Says the ssi tuned man. Lol

5Star tuned.....

----------

Joe..... Too far 2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune Cracked windshield mod
I know. I knew it when I wrote it but it's true lol.

5Star tuned.....

djfllmn
05-08-2015, 04:40 AM
Tuning a truck with 250k miles is like playing Russian roulette IMO. That is gonna stress stuff that is probably already on the verge of breaking

Ford Fan#1
05-08-2015, 05:34 AM
Tuning a truck with 250k miles is like playing Russian roulette IMO. That is gonna stress stuff that is probably already on the verge of breaking the stress part is what I'm worried about. That's why I just want to change the shift points. But if I have to retune everything then it's a no go.

Jersey_Joe
05-08-2015, 06:59 AM
I'd leave it b. Just keep ur foot out of it kid

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
05-08-2015, 09:02 AM
I'd leave it b. Just keep ur foot out of it kid 5Star tuned..... will do. Thanks for the info

Jersey_Joe
05-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Dj nailed it on the head bud. I would just be easy with her

5Star tuned.....

RhinoZ24
05-08-2015, 11:47 AM
I'm listening. Haha. What is a bit?

A couple hundred rpm. Idk I've never used that tune. I wanted more power, not a Prius lol.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

djfllmn
05-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Tuning that truck would be like taking a welder to a gas tank full of fumes. How lucky do you feel?

Ford Fan#1
05-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Tuning that truck would be like taking a welder to a gas tank full of fumes. How lucky do you feel? lmao. Good comparison. got it.

RhinoZ24
05-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Tuning that truck would be like taking a welder to a gas tank full of fumes. How lucky do you feel?

"You gotta ask yourself, do I feel lucky? Well do ya? Punk."

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd