PDA

View Full Version : Tow Hooks

RhinoZ24
05-07-2015, 12:26 AM
On my long list of upcoming mods for my truck, I want to add tow hooks. I like the factory ones and found them for cheap at Tasca parts, however it doesn't specify how many bolts are required and they are sold separately. So can someone with an 04-08 4X4 F-150 take a look and let me know please. My truck is an '05 but they should all be the same. Thanks!

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

FX4Life
05-07-2015, 12:39 AM
Can you just check for holes where they mount? I'd bet 2 per hook

2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune
Cracked windshield mod

----------

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161562449692

2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune
Cracked windshield mod

Jersey_Joe
05-07-2015, 04:46 AM
Can you just check for holes where they mount? I'd bet 2 per hook 2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune Cracked windshield mod ---------- http://m.ebay.com/itm/161562449692 2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune Cracked windshield mod
X2. They should b there

5Star tuned.....

Grabber70Mach
05-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Ryan I think I still have a set that came off a Super duty, I'll have to look. If I do maybe we can work something out.

From infinity and beyond.

Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

RhinoZ24
05-07-2015, 12:37 PM
I was thinking 2 as well, their bolts don't say if they are individual or sold in pairs. I'll have to call.

----------

Ryan I think I still have a set that came off a Super duty, I'll have to look. If I do maybe we can work something out.

Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Idk if they would line up since its a different frame.

Grabber70Mach
05-07-2015, 01:01 PM
I was thinking 2 as well, their bolts don't say if they are individual or sold in pairs. I'll have to call.

----------

Idk if they would line up since its a different frame.

Ever heard of a drill? They do allow those in Mexifornia right. 😱😃

Grabber70Mach
05-07-2015, 06:26 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ws3othwhfax145f/AABX7wJT_L9fylscntFj9IF7a

FX4Life
05-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Look just the same :)

Cracked windshield mod

RhinoZ24
05-08-2015, 11:43 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ws3othwhfax145f/AABX7wJT_L9fylscntFj9IF7a

They kinda look the same. Do you have the mounting bolts and brackets/nuts too?

RhinoZ24
05-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Bump

RhinoZ24
05-16-2015, 02:21 AM
Ted?

Grabber70Mach
05-16-2015, 05:27 PM
Sorry didn't see this before now. I have the hooks that you saw. Not sure what brackets you are referring to. I had bought some bolts but will have to look and see if I can find them, they were Grade 8 bolts.

RhinoZ24
05-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Sorry didn't see this before now. I have the hooks that you saw. Not sure what brackets you are referring to. I had bought some bolts but will have to look and see if I can find them, they were Grade 8 bolts.

Some have brackets to mount them I noticed, wasn't sure if these had them. But yeah as long as you have the mounting bolts and nuts and such. Can you give me a measurement for that hole spacing so I can check my frame and see if they'll work?

Grabber70Mach
05-16-2015, 09:49 PM
No problem, I'm out of town right now so I'll do it when I get back. If you don't hear from me just give me a swift kick.

RhinoZ24
05-17-2015, 03:56 PM
No problem, I'm out of town right now so I'll do it when I get back. If you don't hear from me just give me a swift kick.

Sounds good an no worries lol.

Grabber70Mach
05-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Looks to me that the hole spacing is 2 7/8" c to c. I haven't been able to locate the bolts I bought yet, but I had just gotten Grade 8 bolts, washers and nuts from the hardware store. 25 plus the ride for the hooks if your interested in them.

RhinoZ24
05-25-2015, 06:02 PM
What's the diameter of the bolt holes? I got about 2 15/16" from center to center but I'll measure again.

----------

Correction I got 2 and 7/8". So it the diameter matches we'll be good.

Grabber70Mach
05-25-2015, 06:36 PM
1/2"

RhinoZ24
05-25-2015, 06:40 PM
1/2"

My calipers are telling me about .535" but that should work. If you can hold off for 2 weeks when I get a reimbursement from school and another payday I'll take them. I'm assuming payment through PayPal?

Grabber70Mach
05-26-2015, 04:35 AM
There yours we'll work out the details, just get me your shipping address.

RhinoZ24
05-26-2015, 06:36 PM
There yours we'll work out the details, just get me your shipping address.

Awesome, we'll get this arranged next week then.

Grabber70Mach
05-27-2015, 05:53 AM
No just PM me your address, I will ship them to you. You can pay me via Pay-pal when you have it.