PDA

View Full Version : Kyb or ranchos on 04 f-150 xlt

boston ballbagga
04-25-2015, 04:28 PM
I got a 04 F-150 XLT 4.6 L 4door super crew 4X4 "new body style " with factory shocks/struts. Looking to change that. I'm looking to maybe level out the front since they dive. Or maybe a lift kit 2-4". Just to give it a beefier look... I was thinking of KYB and a leveling kit but knowledge is low in this area .. I tow a 21' boat and do mostly highway and city driving. If that factors in at all... Just looking for it ride good and look good. Not worried about losing gas mileage. What are my options ? What do you guys think I should do ? You get what you pay for so I'm lookin to do it right .. Help me plz
Kevin

RhinoZ24
04-25-2015, 09:34 PM
I'd say a leveling kit and some Ranchos since you tow. Towing with a lift kit just put extra strain on suspension and the frame. Ranchos are quality shocks that can give you great performance on and off-road.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

Jersey_Joe
04-26-2015, 07:25 AM
I got a 04 F-150 XLT 4.6 L 4door super crew 4X4 "new body style " with factory shocks/struts. Looking to change that. I'm looking to maybe level out the front since they dive. Or maybe a lift kit 2-4". Just to give it a beefier look... I was thinking of KYB and a leveling kit but knowledge is low in this area .. I tow a 21' boat and do mostly highway and city driving. If that factors in at all... Just looking for it ride good and look good. Not worried about losing gas mileage. What are my options ? What do you guys think I should do ? You get what you pay for so I'm lookin to do it right .. Help me plz Kevin
Hey bud. Welcome to the forum!! Your truck should pull that boat np. If it was me. I would install a airbag system with an onboard compressor. A few lbs of air and it will ride perfect. As far as shocks. There are plenty out there. It would help if u could let me know your price range. And I can go from there lol. Sorry. But that helps a great deal. The bag setup is about 4-500$ with the gauges and small on board compressor.

I had ranchoes on my last truck and it rode like crap. My tires didn't help none either. But ride quality and stance is where it's at so u Leme know where u wanna b at and I can help from there. And again. Welcome to the forum

5Star tuned.....

DWC (donewithchevy )
04-26-2015, 09:46 AM
Billstien adjustable shocks are anothe good option.

RhinoZ24
04-26-2015, 06:31 PM
Bilstein is also another big name that makes great shocks. Guess it just depends on how you like your ride to feel and handle on highway and while towing. Autoanything.com either way because the prices are great and there are plenty of reviews to help give you some feedback.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

Jersey_Joe
04-26-2015, 06:51 PM
Billstien adjustable shocks are anothe good option.
Here I am waiting for the man to tell me his price range and u steal the answer right out from under me lol

^^^^. This gentlemen is correct. Billstien is my shock of choice also.

5Star tuned.....