PDA

View Full Version : Friend that has paint chipping on his mustang

Ford Fan#1
04-02-2015, 10:31 PM
Sorry if this is not in the right section. I couldn't decide if it would be under detailing or what, Anyway.. One of my friends when I first started middle school has a problem with his mustang. He said the paint is chipping off. it is where the bumper and wheel well meet. Could this be fixed with a touch up pen? Or will it continue to chip off unless the panel is resprayed? I'm sure DJ could help. Thanks in advance.

Jersey_Joe
04-03-2015, 05:19 AM
Hard to tell with that pic. But looks like he hit somethin and the number curled a little and pressure chipped the paint. It's not doing that by itself lol. If u use touch up paint u will see it. Just not as bad. Will it prevent it from chipping any more? Depends on how bad that little bend was of course sanding and painting is the best way. But u can use touch up. Just get it from ford so it matches.
Next time take a pic of the car. Not a snap of Instagram lol.

5Star tuned.....

----------

Bumper. Not number. Damn auto correct

5Star tuned.....

djfllmn
04-03-2015, 06:43 AM
impact damage

Ford Fan#1
04-03-2015, 06:48 AM
Wouldn't doubt the damage part.... Broke the mirror off with in the first 2 weeks of getting his license... Trashed the front bumper on a curb.... I'll see if I can't get a better photo

djfllmn
04-03-2015, 06:55 AM
and it looks like there is rust starting..cant touch up rust

Ford Fan#1
04-05-2015, 08:08 PM
and it looks like there is rust starting..cant touch up rust so it needs sanded a bit too?

----------

impact damage and he sent me more photos and the panel doesn't have any damage on it. Just missing paint

Ford Fan#1
04-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Here's other pictures.