PDA

View Full Version : won't start

markinswamp
03-30-2015, 06:38 PM
Good evening, I have a 2002 F-150 4x4 with tritan V8... It's been sitting a couple weeks. I go to start it I get nothing. all the lights work dash, doors, lamps.. I turn the key and nothing. i disconected the battery for a few days reconnected still the same thing. could it be a starter relay gone bad or the anti thief system preventing it ? any info or advice would be greatly apreaited

Ford Fan#1
03-30-2015, 06:41 PM
Good evening, I have a 2002 F-150 4x4 with tritan V8... It's been sitting a couple weeks. I go to start it I get nothing. all the lights work dash, doors, lamps.. I turn the key and nothing. i disconected the battery for a few days reconnected still the same thing. could it be a starter relay gone bad or the anti thief system preventing it ? any info or advice would be greatly apreaited does it act like the motor is locked up? Try spinning the fan by hand. If it acts like it's locked up the ad compressor is the problem. Then if it is? Take the belt off and try to start it.

DWC (donewithchevy )
03-30-2015, 07:10 PM
^^^ Or just start by charging and or getting battery tested. Having lights doesn't necessarily mean it will start. What is the anti theft light doing ?

Jersey_Joe
03-30-2015, 07:35 PM
Welcome to the forum. First start by having the battery checked. You want to start a process of elimination till u find he prob

5Star tuned.....

markinswamp
03-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the forum. First start by having the battery checked. You want to start a process of elimination till u find he prob

5Star tuned.....
we tried jumping , then we pulled a battery from a running truck no result, when i turn the key nothing battery light on even with the one we pulled from the other truck

markinswamp
03-31-2015, 12:40 AM
^^^ Or just start by charging and or getting battery tested. Having lights doesn't necessarily mean it will start. What is the anti theft light doing ?

didnt notice it but we pulled a battery from a running truck and same thing happened. turn the key nothing battery light stayed on

markinswamp
03-31-2015, 11:32 AM
we tried jumping, then we pulled a battery from a running car same result turn key over nothing, battery light remained on. didn't pay attention to thief light though that's why i was guessing a relay or the anti thief was preventing. it was running fine till i parked it for a couple weeks

Ford Fan#1
03-31-2015, 11:33 AM
we tried jumping, then we pulled a battery from a running car same result turn key over nothing, battery light remained on. didn't pay attention to thief light though that's why i was guessing a relay or the anti thief was preventing. it was running fine till i parked it for a couple weeks yup. Take the belt off then try it.