PDA

View Full Version : Did I get lucky ???

DWC (donewithchevy )
03-16-2015, 05:21 PM
Just got in my truck and when I opened the door the chime was ringing. I saw that I left my headlight switch in the on position . Last time I drove it was over 24 hours before I noticed the chime and switch in on position. Last night and upon approaching the truck today the headlights were not on . Question 1...... Do they shut off after awhile when left in the on position ? And if no why were they not on last night or when I got in truck a little while ago ? And ..... Did I just get lucky the battery didn't drain ? Drove it around awhile and everything is fine and multifunction switch is operating as it should? My manual is home and I'm not other wise I would have looked it up, but I thought if you left the lights on ,.....they just stayed on until they drained the battery. Huh, huh , ....Huh, ....I'm like confused and stuf now beavis .lol .

Ford Fan#1
03-16-2015, 05:31 PM
Just got in my truck and when I opened the door the chime was ringing. I saw that I left my headlight switch in the on position . Last time I drove it was over 24 hours before I noticed the chime and switch in on position. Last night and upon approaching the truck today the headlights were not on . Question 1...... Do they shut off after awhile when left in the on position ? And if no why were they not on last night or when I got in truck a little while ago ? And ..... Did I just get lucky the battery didn't drain ? Drove it around awhile and everything is fine and multifunction switch is operating as it should? My manual is home and I'm not other wise I would have looked it up, but I thought if you left the lights on ,.....they just stayed on until they drained the battery. Huh, huh , ....Huh, ....I'm like confused and stuf now beavis .lol . I think it might have a shut off timer.

DWC (donewithchevy )
03-16-2015, 05:39 PM
I'm thinking this also but not sure. Shows you how long it's been since I had a new vehicle. All my previous vehicles Ya had to shut em off or Ya came back to a dead battery. Never left em on in this thing since I bougt it new almost 4 years ago , so I had no idea. lol .

RhinoZ24
03-17-2015, 12:14 AM
I'm thinking this also but not sure. Shows you how long it's been since I had a new vehicle. All my previous vehicles Ya had to shut em off or Ya came back to a dead battery. Never left em on in this thing since I bougt it new almost 4 years ago , so I had no idea. lol .

Did you have it in the auto-light setting? The one where they only turn on when it gets dark? If so it'll ding at you but yes they shutoff after a few minutes of the truck being shut off

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

DWC (donewithchevy )
03-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Did you have it in the auto-light setting? The one where they only turn on when it gets dark? If so it'll ding at you but yes they shutoff after a few minutes of the truck being shut off

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

Nope, it was definitely in the ON position and dinging when i opened the door. That's why I thought it was funny that the headlights wernt on and that my battery was good and had no problem starting truck after the switch was left in this position for over 24 hours. Also, headlights are working and not burnt out or damaged in any way.

Jersey_Joe
03-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Just got in my truck and when I opened the door the chime was ringing. I saw that I left my headlight switch in the on position . Last time I drove it was over 24 hours before I noticed the chime and switch in on position. Last night and upon approaching the truck today the headlights were not on . Question 1...... Do they shut off after awhile when left in the on position ? And if no why were they not on last night or when I got in truck a little while ago ? And ..... Did I just get lucky the battery didn't drain ? Drove it around awhile and everything is fine and multifunction switch is operating as it should? My manual is home and I'm not other wise I would have looked it up, but I thought if you left the lights on ,.....they just stayed on until they drained the battery. Huh, huh , ....Huh, ....I'm like confused and stuf now beavis .lol .
Fired right up?

5Star tuned.....

DWC (donewithchevy )
03-18-2015, 03:58 PM
^^^ Yep. Strong start. No hesitation or prolonged crank. Didn't see anything in the manual either, about a delayed shutoff if Ya leave em on and my headlights wernt on at the time. Switch was in the on position and not on auto. I would have thought after over 24 hrs it would be dead unless PCM shuts em off after a bit, but saw nothing in my manual. Guess I DID just get lucky.

RhinoZ24
03-18-2015, 05:01 PM
Maybe its a new feature or something, just never heard of it.

----------

For all of us forgetful people lol

FX4Life
03-18-2015, 07:16 PM
Nah they cut out. Mine does it.

2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune

AlbertaOilPatchF150
03-19-2015, 09:40 AM
^^^ Yup, dome lights do it too, takes a few min, like maybe 10 or so not sure, but I've found out the next day a few times that I left the dome light on when I went in the house in the evening.

DWC (donewithchevy )
03-19-2015, 09:55 AM
^^^ Yup, dome lights do it too, takes a few min, like maybe 10 or so not sure, but I've found out the next day a few times that I left the dome light on when I went in the house in the evening.

Really? So interior lights left on will cut off and headlights left on in the ON position on the knob (not the auto ) will cut off to save the battery drain? That's good to know, didn't see anything on it it the manual, ..... But maybe it's under the battery management section, like when your in the accessory position and listening to radio and charging the phone and it all shuts down after you get that message in the screen " shutting of to save/conserve battery " or some such wording? Makes sense now .

AlbertaOilPatchF150
03-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Yup, as far as I know brother... But then what the hell do I know??? lol

Jersey_Joe
03-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Really? I don't think I could post that far. Cuts off after that many lines used. Lol. When are they gonna start summer fuel cuz?

5Star tuned.....

FX4Life
03-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Really? I don't think I could post that far. Cuts off after that many lines used. Lol. When are they gonna start summer fuel cuz?

5Star tuned.....
I bet they already have. My mpgs have gone up

2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune

Jersey_Joe
03-19-2015, 11:45 AM
I bet they already have. My mpgs have gone up 2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune
Nice. It should b here soon then.

5Star tuned.....

AlbertaOilPatchF150
03-19-2015, 12:13 PM
Dude, I dunno about that either! lol. I only fix wells that don't want to produce anymore. Once its out of the ground its someone else's problem. :cool:

RhinoZ24
03-19-2015, 12:16 PM
Must be a new feature, but definitely a great idea for sure. And I hope it hits here soon too, we never needed winter blend in the first place haha. I want more mpgs again please...

DWC (donewithchevy )
03-19-2015, 12:41 PM

5Star tuned.....

^^^ I forget the actual date joe,.....but the first week in April .

----------

I guess I gotta take yours and fx4lifes word for it. I purposely left the knob in the on position today, and checked 10 min later and lights were still on. I shut em off cause I didn't wanna tempt fate lol. I knew it wouldn't drain the battery if left a little longer, but was afraid I would forget and it'd be dead this time, lol! Anyone have any idea when the headlights kick off if left in the on position? Or maybe it depends on the state of charge on the battery?

FX4Life
03-19-2015, 07:37 PM
^^^ I forget the actual date joe,.....but the first week in April .

----------

I guess I gotta take yours and fx4lifes word for it. I purposely left the knob in the on position today, and checked 10 min later and lights were still on. I shut em off cause I didn't wanna tempt fate lol. I knew it wouldn't drain the battery if left a little longer, but was afraid I would forget and it'd be dead this time, lol! Anyone have any idea when the headlights kick off if left in the on position? Or maybe it depends on the state of charge on the battery?
Not sure. I have left them on by accident once, and they did shut off. I wouldn't ever do it on purpose haha!
But when I caught it, it made me go huh too. Lucky. Either way

Cracked windshield mod