PDA

View Full Version : Sticky steering

FX4offroad
02-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Hello, I'm new to the site, but am in dire need if some ideas or suggestions.
Wondering if anyone has had issues, as I'm about to describe, with their steering?
Truck pulls hard to the left as if an alignment problem, not just once, but keeps pulling while I'm fighting the wheel to keep it straight, then it may go straight for a bit and maybe pull right, same deal. Them maybe left and so on. Dealer already did the TSB for steering not returning to center (replaced the rack). Service manager said he had a new focus that did exactly the same thing and a steering re calibration fixed the focus. There isn't a calibration update for my ride. My dealer contacted the
Ford hotline, checked everything they advised, ball joints, tie rods, strut mounts, all voltage values at the rack and all associated electronics, rotated tires, swapped the rack out of another truck(no difference), found front brakes were bound up and replaced the pads along with cleaning the rust from calipers, nothing has helped and the dealer is out of ideas or fixes.
It's a 2011 FX4. Thoughts anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jersey_Joe
02-27-2015, 03:14 PM
Lemon law? They should b giving u a new truck if they can't fix it

----------

In a perfect world That sounded great. First off. Welcome to the forum. What dealer? I'm in jersey. Anyways. How many times have u had this problem and brought it to ford? Twice?

FX4offroad
02-27-2015, 03:29 PM
I'm in Lewistown Pa, dealer is lake ford, I just bought the truck in July with 23000 miles on it, it's been in and out probably 4-5 times. It's not an issue that only shows once in a while, it's a constant problem.

Jersey_Joe
02-27-2015, 03:46 PM
I'm in Lewistown Pa, dealer is lake ford, I just bought the truck in July with 23000 miles on it, it's been in and out probably 4-5 times. It's not an issue that only shows once in a while, it's a constant problem. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brother. That's a shame. Sorry u have to deal with all that crap. Are they trying to fix the prob? Have they said anything but we'll b in touch?

FX4offroad
02-27-2015, 03:55 PM
The dealer has been great, the issue is FOMOCO is about to lean in the direction of it "being a characteristic of my truck" basically sorry about that but deal with it. So ford corporate almost ties the dealers hands on this one. Been in touch numerous times with my regional Ford Service Rep, so maybe they can light a fire with corporate. I'm getting irritated at Ford, not my local dealer

Jersey_Joe
02-27-2015, 05:31 PM
The dealer has been great, the issue is FOMOCO is about to lean in the direction of it "being a characteristic of my truck" basically sorry about that but deal with it. So ford corporate almost ties the dealers hands on this one. Been in touch numerous times with my regional Ford Service Rep, so maybe they can light a fire with corporate. I'm getting irritated at Ford, not my local dealer Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That really sucks man. Again. I'm sorry u have to deal with that

RhinoZ24
02-27-2015, 05:41 PM
The dealer has been great, the issue is FOMOCO is about to lean in the direction of it "being a characteristic of my truck" basically sorry about that but deal with it. So ford corporate almost ties the dealers hands on this one. Been in touch numerous times with my regional Ford Service Rep, so maybe they can light a fire with corporate. I'm getting irritated at Ford, not my local dealer

Welcome to the forum but I'm sorry to hear the issues you're experiencing. Like Joe said, Lemon law. You have a warranty and they can't fix the issue obviously. It's not your fault or the dealers fault, just a mishap with the truck that Ford will attempt to ignore. A lawyer will light a fire under the corporate office's @$$

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

FX4offroad
02-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Pa doesn't have lemon law for used vehicles, but I just researched it and there is the magnuson moss act.

djfllmn
02-27-2015, 06:12 PM
welcome from down the road in york..sorry to hear about your issues

Jersey_Joe
02-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Really? A state has to independently accept that? That's terrible.

djfllmn
02-27-2015, 06:17 PM
and the other issue is the truck is out of the 3/36 warranty UNLESS it was CPO

----------

Really? A state has to independently accept that? That's terrible.

PA lemon law is new vehicles only

Jersey_Joe
02-27-2015, 06:24 PM
I knew that. I was just checkin. Lol

----------

I forgot it was A 11

FX4offroad
02-27-2015, 08:32 PM
Yes it is out of 3/36, but the tsb for the rack was done just before the warranty ran out. I did purchase another 5/60 warranty though, not worried about it being covered, just need to figure out what needs covered.
Lol

----------

I gotta say, you guys are great, I have this posted on 3 other forums and you guys are the only ones that took the time to post anything. Thank you

cooperf150-06
02-27-2015, 08:40 PM
We have a good group here and they all try to help each other out glad u like it here.

Jersey_Joe
02-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Yes it is out of 3/36, but the tsb for the rack was done just before the warranty ran out. I did purchase another 5/60 warranty though, not worried about it being covered, just need to figure out what needs covered. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ---------- I gotta say, you guys are great, I have this posted on 3 other forums and you guys are the only ones that took the time to post anything. Thank you Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My pleasure. We aim to please.

RhinoZ24
02-28-2015, 04:31 AM
Yes it is out of 3/36, but the tsb for the rack was done just before the warranty ran out. I did purchase another 5/60 warranty though, not worried about it being covered, just need to figure out what needs covered.
Lol

----------

I gotta say, you guys are great, I have this posted on 3 other forums and you guys are the only ones that took the time to post anything. Thank you

We're here to help. And the act that you guys have in PA, would it apply to your truck? It's technically a safety hazard as the truck can't manage to keep straight on its own.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd