PDA

View Full Version : Wipers won't shut off...

AlbertaOilPatchF150
02-07-2015, 11:28 AM
Ok, so I started my '13 FX4 last night, used the wipers to clear the snow off the windshield and turned the switch to "off" only they didn't turn off. They kept sweeping about like they were on the slowest delay setting. I ended up pulling the fuse. Anybody else seen this before? I'm thinking the multi function lever is NFG but I'm not sure.

Jersey_Joe
02-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Ok, so I started my '13 FX4 last night, used the wipers to clear the snow off the windshield and turned the switch to "off" only they didn't turn off. They kept sweeping about like they were on the slowest delay setting. I ended up pulling the fuse. Anybody else seen this before? I'm thinking the multi function lever is NFG but I'm not sure.
Once. They changed the lever in mine and it's never happined again.

RexReid
02-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Once. They changed the lever in mine and it's never happined again.

I wonder what the failure rate is on that part. For two regulars on one sight to have the same issue is somewhat surprising. I noticed my temp gauge was stuck on 52 for a while and ignored it. It is working fine now. I guess there is more to go wrong than ever. I'm just so glad that I can't afford electronic seats, puddle lamps, 8" screens................lol

AlbertaOilPatchF150
02-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Thanks Joe, that's what I figured. This truck is starting to worry me a bit, lots of little stuff going wrong. Seems like im at the dealership every 2 weeks getting something fixed. Pisses me off cuz its such a nice truck and I love the way it looks and drives but all these little problems are adding up fast, sure glad I bought extended warranty. It'll pay for itself in no time at this rate.

Jersey_Joe
02-07-2015, 12:49 PM
I wonder what the failure rate is on that part. For two regulars on one sight to have the same issue is somewhat surprising. I noticed my temp gauge was stuck on 52 for a while and ignored it. It is working fine now. I guess there is more to go wrong than ever. I'm just so glad that I can't afford electronic seats, puddle lamps, 8" screens................lol
In my defense. It got a good wack. That's what I think the prob was. It didn't happin for at least another week. But it was fixed right away

----------

Thanks Joe, that's what I figured. This truck is starting to worry me a bit, lots of little stuff going wrong. Seems like im at the dealership every 2 weeks getting something fixed. Pisses me off cuz its such a nice truck and I love the way it looks and drives but all these little problems are adding up fast, sure glad I bought extended warranty. It'll pay for itself in no time at this rate.
Lol. Np brother. Pump that oil!!!!
I'm sure u push that thing to its limits. I'm sure it runs all day up there. It happins. That's what we need them to do. That's when all the little things Happin. But hey. At least u take care of them. Dealer sees that. If not then they should look at the paper trail of maintenance Good luck homes

AlbertaOilPatchF150
02-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Yeah buddy, we're trying to keep busy, but with the price of oil where it is, the company doesn't want to spend 25-30K to clean the sand out and run a new pump in very many wells. All expenditures have to go through the production engineers to be sure the wells will make that money back quickly and work has really slowed down. Was working 11 on, 3 off for years, now 7 on 7 off. The free time is nice, but the $8000/month pay cut is a killer.

----------

Yeah, they almost have a standing open appointment open for this thing every 2nd week to come in and get some thing fixed. 62000km -steering rack replaced, then an ABS sensor the next day after I got it home from that repair. 65000 & change - water pump replaced. 66500 - blower fan motor replaced, now the multifunction lever. All small stuff but never the less its a PITA running it in there all the time. They have good records of this truck though - its never even had an oil change anywhere but the dealership I bought it at. Oh yeah and my Anzo LED lights in my side mirrors are all burned out on one side and only 1 left on the other. Bought them from there too! lol!

RexReid
02-07-2015, 03:37 PM
It is probably just a little bad luck. On the 13 I had the air deflector in the front come loose, which seems kind of cheap anyhow. I had 30 k miles, which is about the same as you is kms. I haven't done anything on the 14. I am kind of planning on a 16 as a wait and see on the aluminum. With all the changes Ford made on the 15 it seems like a good time to let them figure it out.

Don't worry on the price of oil. The Morons out here are whining about fracking. That will get the price back up.

RhinoZ24
02-07-2015, 04:23 PM
It's already started going back up. About 20 cents here in the past week. And at least your truck runs fine for the most part. This is the problem with more technology in vehicles now-a-days small things happen. But at least your truck runs solid and reliably.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

AlbertaOilPatchF150
02-21-2015, 05:37 PM
Yeah no problems there, just lots of little stuff, drives a guy nuts.

So I took it in Monday and they replaced the multi-function switch, silly me - I took it on good faith it was fixed. Drove it home Monday, it sat all day Tuesday and Wednesday, then went back to work Thursday and roads were sloppy and gross. wipers work perfect, but no washer. Doesn't even make a sound when I push the button. I pulled the cover off the steering column, all the wiring looks to be plugged in securely, checked all the fuses and they are all good. Musta got a bad switch, back to the dealer it goes next days off...

If oil prices were high and work was busy and money was flowing like last year at this time, I'd just trade it off. There's a silver '14 FX4 sitting there with a 6" BDS lift, Bushwacker pocket flares, and Fuel Hostage rims with 35x12.5R20 Toyo Open Country MT's already on it that's been calling to me like crazy every time I go in there.

RhinoZ24
02-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Get it! Lol and don't worry gas has gone up $0.60 in the last 2 weeks in Cali. We're above $3 again...stupid refinery explosion and other bulls*** to make us pay more.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

AlbertaOilPatchF150
02-23-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm torn between the silver 14 FX4 one-fitty and the red '15 F350 Lariat FX4 S Crew 6.7 with a 6" Pro-Comp lift and 37's and aftermarket off road rims and Bushwacker flares. lol

Jersey_Joe
02-23-2015, 10:29 AM
15-150!!!

Ford Fan#1
02-23-2015, 10:39 AM
15-150!!! x2 lariat KR maybe platinum? Both have massaging seats but not the lariat...

AlbertaOilPatchF150
02-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Nah, not til they put some rebates on them. 15 150 KR & Platinum are almost the same price as a 15 F350 Platinum.

RhinoZ24
02-23-2015, 11:03 AM
I'm torn between the silver 14 FX4 one-fitty and the red '15 F350 Lariat FX4 S Crew 6.7 with a 6" Pro-Comp lift and 37's and aftermarket off road rims and Bushwacker flares. lol

F-350!! Enjoy that beast and all it's power. For the price of the new F-150's I'd just get an F-350 lol.

Ford Fan#1
02-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Nah, not til they put some rebates on them. 15 150 KR & Platinum are almost the same price as a 15 F350 Platinum. haha. True.. Good luck truck searching! Rember these words. Extension cords lmao

Jersey_Joe
02-23-2015, 11:18 AM
No Payments are also nice

----------

Or wait till 17'. I kinda want a 500 hp raptor. That thing is ba. Paddle shifters. 10 speed tranny. Save ur money homes. Or just have em fix ur windshield wipers. That will save money lol

AlbertaOilPatchF150
02-23-2015, 12:10 PM
^^^^ See that's why you're the boss around here! Plus, I want a '17 Raptor too, so... I'll just fix my wipers and keep the current truck

Jersey_Joe
02-23-2015, 12:48 PM
See that!! Lol. Save ur money lol

----------

^^^^ See that's why you're the boss around here! Plus, I want a '17 Raptor too, so... I'll just fix my wipers and keep the current truck
I aim to please. Sometimes u just need a second opinion. Lol

cooperf150-06
02-23-2015, 02:38 PM
Look u can save $50,000 by switching to Grasso lol

Jersey_Joe
02-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Lol. I've saved a few lol

Ford Fan#1
02-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Look u can save $50,000 by switching to Grasso lol haha

RhinoZ24
02-23-2015, 03:30 PM