PDA

View Full Version : Door electrical went out.

blacked_out
02-04-2015, 05:39 AM
My entire door electrical went out on my 07 FX4 and I don't know what to do. I heard of the door wires breaking but I pulled the boot and checked and none are broken. Dome light don't go on when I open the door and the radio doesn't shut off when I turn it off. I have to go around and open the passenger door to turn it off. This happen to anyone else's? If so where do I start? That's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jersey_Joe
02-04-2015, 06:23 AM
Fuse? Door actuater?

RhinoZ24
02-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Hey I have the same issue on my '05. If I only open the door a little bit it still has power, but any more than half open and it has no power and the radio will stay on even if the door is open. I would also like some info lol.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

blacked_out
02-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Not the fuse, I checked. Gotta check on the actuator. Yes it's a pain in the....

anaheim_drew
02-04-2015, 01:42 PM
This happen to anyone else's? If so where do I start? That's.

When I changed my door speakers, I bent the push pin on the driver side and my radio would not turn off and the dome light would not function right. I had to open the pass door to turn off the radio. I replaced the pin and all was fine again

RhinoZ24
02-04-2015, 03:29 PM
When I changed my door speakers, I bent the push pin on the driver side and my radio would not turn off and the dome light would not function right. I had to open the pass door to turn off the radio. I replaced the pin and all was fine again

I've changed my speakers as well but that was almost a year ago, this started about 2 months ago. Where is the pin at, I didn't even see one.

blacked_out
02-06-2015, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the response, anyone else got anything?

Jersey_Joe
02-06-2015, 07:20 AM
I would think something got pinched. What? I dunno buddy. But I'm willing to bet it lies somewhere in that hinge set up.

RexReid
02-06-2015, 10:48 AM
swap out the push pin.

RhinoZ24
02-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Where is this said push pin? Lol

Jersey_Joe
02-06-2015, 11:57 AM
I don't know about this said push pin. I know on the older fittys there was a push pin to turn the interior light on and off. But the newer gens. M not to sure. U know what will tho. Haynes manual lol.

RexReid
02-06-2015, 03:02 PM
The door jamb switch is inside the right rear wheel. It can only be changed while the vehicle is rolling.

----------

Check this out if the wheel well suggestion doesn't work:

http://www.f150online.com/forums/electrical-systems/323659-04-f150-radio-stays-after-key-removed-door-open.html

Jersey_Joe
02-06-2015, 03:03 PM
Ha

RhinoZ24
02-06-2015, 08:09 PM
I don't think that addresses my issue completely but I'll have to read all the other links when I have more time. Thanks Rex!

RhinoZ24
04-10-2015, 12:28 PM
So I'm still having these same issues but now it loses power to the window switches. Anyone else have that problem? Gunna try and check the wires later today.

RhinoZ24
04-10-2015, 08:20 PM
So I moved back the cover on the wiring going into the door and noticed the ground black wire is completely cut in half. One little copper wire sticks out and barely makes contact when the door is almost closed. Tried getting the ends to touch and my dash info center lit up like it should. Not sure if thats the issue but tomorrow afternoon when I get off work I'm gunna take off the door panel and disconnect the wires and splice in a new one to see if that's been my issue all along. Might have gotten snagged on something when I had my window regulator replaced at the shop since I had work and couldn't do it myself, and eventually it snapped since it didn't have enough length and eventually snapped. I'll update when I get it apart and test it tomorrow. Either way a broken ground is an issue lol.

RhinoZ24
04-11-2015, 08:09 PM

So this little piece of s*** was my issue. Ground wire was completely cut in half and was barely getting contact when the door was closed. Idk how it broke as it was protected by the rubber covering that is over the wires coming from the truck to the door. Looks like it was cut with wire cutters its so clean, so Idk what caused it. No one but me has touched my truck in months, long before the issues started. Anyways it's fixed and everything works fine so I'm happy. Saved me a dealership trip and being f***ed over.

Jersey_Joe
04-12-2015, 05:01 PM
See. I knew u could do it. Congrats bud. Feels better when u fix it urself

5Star tuned.....

RhinoZ24
04-13-2015, 02:22 AM
See. I knew u could do it. Congrats bud. Feels better when u fix it urself

5Star tuned.....

Yes it does, I just want to know how it got cut like that lol.

rshin
08-29-2015, 06:07 PM
I have had the same issue with my 05 fx4. I pulled the boot back between the driver door and body and discovered a bunch of broken wires. I soldered them and taped the hell out of them. This fixed all of the electrical issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk