PDA

View Full Version : Will this fix my factory 6 disk?

Ford Fan#1
01-29-2015, 10:43 AM
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44928&d=1323217732

Would it be possible to fix my factory 6disk CD player using this? It takes 1-2 try's to change the radio channel ( presets ) sometimes. Along with the volume going up when you turn it down ( only in high humidity ) if so? I think I might try it!

anaheim_drew
01-29-2015, 10:53 AM
Did you read page one of the instructions?
Purpose:
This tutorial is to guide the average Joe in repairing their Ford factory in dash cd player/changer that issuffering from the common “No CD”, “Full CD”, “CD Error” and other variants. Or if your cds are trapped and you justwant them back without them being scratched. It should be noted that most errors can be cleared by disconnecting thedeck from power and hooking it back up and allowing it to re-calibrate. Try this first. However if after trying this first andyou still have the error then this fix is probably for you. When you power on your deck listen for the sound it makes. If itsounds like a motor is spinning but nothing else is moving then this fix is for you.

Ford Fan#1
01-29-2015, 11:09 AM
Did you read page one of the instructions? Purpose: This tutorial is to guide the average Joe in repairing their Ford factory in dash cd player/changer that issuffering from the common “No CD”, “Full CD”, “CD Error” and other variants. Or if your cds are trapped and you justwant them back without them being scratched. It should be noted that most errors can be cleared by disconnecting thedeck from power and hooking it back up and allowing it to re-calibrate. Try this first. However if after trying this first andyou still have the error then this fix is probably for you. When you power on your deck listen for the sound it makes. If itsounds like a motor is spinning but nothing else is moving then this fix is for you. it has the cd error code too. It's loaded up with the original owner's CDs haha

djfllmn
01-29-2015, 12:05 PM
Just replace it

Ford Fan#1
01-29-2015, 12:19 PM
Just replace it don't want too yet. I want to try to fix it so I'm not wasting money on one that will do the same thing. I heard its a solder on it for the volume. And it's a pen or gear that has been knocked out of place. Causing it to be jammed if it works? Great! If it doesn't? Then I'll probably buy a new one off eBay or something. Beacause $350 and sending them your old one is getting f*****

RhinoZ24
01-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Try disconnecting it and reconnecting it like he said first. It just might work before you try the fix.

Ford Fan#1
01-29-2015, 02:15 PM
Try disconnecting it and reconnecting it like he said first. It just might work before you try the fix. already did... Like 5 times

cooperf150-06
01-29-2015, 03:19 PM
Try taking a sledge hammer to it, should free up the stuck cd and make u feel better. Then get another head unit

RhinoZ24
01-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Try taking a sledge hammer to it, should free up the stuck cd and make u feel better. Then get another head unit

That always works too lmao

Ford Fan#1
01-29-2015, 04:06 PM
Try taking a sledge hammer to it, should free up the stuck cd and make u feel better. Then get another head unit ... Or I could switch my big brothers for mine :D same one but mine is f'd up worse!

RexReid
01-29-2015, 08:43 PM
just replace it

Ford Fan#1
01-30-2015, 07:28 AM
It would be easier. But then I'll have to buy another one