PDA

View Full Version : How soon to wax new truck?

Ford Fan#1
01-22-2015, 10:56 AM
My mom's boss just got a 2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7. And he doesn't think you need to wax your vehicle beacause it already has wax on it. Does it have wax? Or should he have me detail it asap?

FX4Life
01-22-2015, 11:56 AM
Clay bar then wax. Just wait til DJ shows up lol
Tell him to run his fingers across the paint. Most likely it won't be smooth. Lotta rail dust that settles when they're shipped.

2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune

Jersey_Joe
01-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Clay bar then wax. Just wait til DJ shows up lol Tell him to run his fingers across the paint. Most likely it won't be smooth. Lotta rail dust that settles when they're shipped. 2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune
X2. Claybar and wax

Grabber70Mach
01-22-2015, 01:52 PM
Clay bar: check
Jet seal: http://www.chemicalguys.com/JetSeal_16_oz_p/:wac_118_16.htm
A good quality wax: check
Than if you want to go further
This: http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Mirror-Glaze-Synthetic-Sealant/dp/B000924QO0

From infinity and beyond.

Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Ford Fan#1
01-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Well. I'm asking if new vehicles have wax on them ( mom's boss thinks they do and we are trying to prove him wrong so he won't ruin this $67,000 truck like he did with his 97 7.3 )

RhinoZ24
01-22-2015, 02:24 PM
No, they just paint them and ship them. No wax. I'd wax it and keep the paint as nice as possible even if they did.

Grabber70Mach
01-22-2015, 03:25 PM
And anything the dealer did wax wise would be the cheapest and quickest to make it look decent to get it out the door.

From infinity and beyond.

Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Ford Fan#1
01-22-2015, 04:27 PM
That's what I thought. Thanks for your thoughts or facts haha

Raptor05121
01-22-2015, 05:23 PM
I've never seen a dealer wax. I'm sure some BMW, Cadillac, or Merc's do, but I doubt Ford does.

djfllmn
01-22-2015, 05:39 PM
Clay bar then wax. Just wait til DJ shows up lol
Tell him to run his fingers across the paint. Most likely it won't be smooth. Lotta rail dust that settles when they're shipped.

2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune

^^^^^

----------

I've never seen a dealer wax. I'm sure some BMW, Cadillac, or Merc's do, but I doubt Ford does.

we dont on new vehicles...used yes new no

Ford Fan#1
01-22-2015, 05:43 PM
^^^^^ ---------- we dont on new vehicles...used yes new no so it needs waxed? And what do you use on new cars? Just run through the auto?

djfllmn
01-22-2015, 05:47 PM
so it needs waxed? And what do you use on new cars? Just run through the auto?

i would wax it

Ford Fan#1
01-22-2015, 05:48 PM
i would wax it WAHOO! I'll post tons of pictures when He gets time to let me and my brother detail it.. Along with a $100,000 2015 Range Rover Sport..

RhinoZ24
01-22-2015, 07:55 PM
Tell him you need to drive it to complete the detailing process...lol

Ford Fan#1
01-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Tell him you need to drive it to complete the detailing process...lol I would have to anyways haha. He's never home beacause he works. And it's against the law to use the soap on the property for some stupid reason. So I would have to drive it atleast 30 miles or more

RhinoZ24
01-22-2015, 07:58 PM
I would have to anyways haha. He's never home beacause he works. And it's against the law to use the soap on the property for some stupid reason. So I would have to drive it atleast 30 miles or more

Lol guess it works out for you then. Try not to pull somebody's house away with that monster haha.

Ford Fan#1
01-22-2015, 08:04 PM
Lol guess it works out for you then. Try not to pull somebody's house away with that monster haha. no problem haha it might need a jump after I watch joe dirt in it xD I'm also going to break the Sony system in with music beacause I want to hear it.

----------

@ dj what should I use on the seats? I use griots 3 in 1 on my mom's explorer. But it seems to whiten the black leather parts..

RhinoZ24
01-23-2015, 12:45 AM
no problem haha it might need a jump after I watch joe dirt in it xD I'm also going to break the Sony system in with music beacause I want to hear it.

----------

@ dj what should I use on the seats? I use griots 3 in 1 on my mom's explorer. But it seems to whiten the black leather parts..

Don't touch the seats yet. Just wax the outside lol. Remember it's brand new and it's already as clean as it ever will be.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

Ford Fan#1
01-23-2015, 06:35 AM
Don't touch the seats yet. Just wax the outside lol. Remember it's brand new and it's already as clean as it ever will be. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd haha yeah

BFEB
01-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Most of the dealers around here sell some sort of an aluminum oxide type wax that they'll apply after clay barring, but it's an additional $1500 or something like that. They'll also redo it once a year for 3 years. Did it on my 13 and Lincoln and it seems like pretty good stuff. Seems to come clean a lot earlier after they do it.

FX4Life
01-23-2015, 01:10 PM
$15??

BFEB
01-23-2015, 02:01 PM
Yep. I'm not sure how it works or what it is, but they had to do it on my Lincoln to raise the value and make my trade in work. Must be some pretty BA stuff if it'll add value to a vehicle. On my 13 it only added like $8 a month to my payment so I went for it.

Jersey_Joe
01-23-2015, 02:12 PM
Baller^^

BFEB
01-23-2015, 05:10 PM
On a budget lol

RhinoZ24
01-23-2015, 07:32 PM
On a budget lol

Please, I'm the OG in that department haha jk

blacked_out
02-04-2015, 04:36 AM
I would strip the wax that was applied by the dealer by hand washing it with dawn, car wash shampoo, a mitt, and 2 buckets(one with clean water and one with the soap solution). Any meguiars or mothers at Walmart would work. Then clay it to remove any contaminates that are on the paint so the wax will have a clean surface to bond. Meguiars ultimate line can be found at Walmart works great and is very user friendly. On another note if you clay be prepared to maybe use a fine polish because claying can marr the paint surface creating ugly holograms. You will notice them when you look in direct sunlight. Google it if you want some pictures of what it looks like. Another quick tip is don't go crazy with the wax. A little is all you need and follow up with additional coats if you feel like it. I like applying at least 2 to ensure coverage. Go in strait lines not circles. Good luck and post some after photos!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ford Fan#1
02-04-2015, 07:35 AM
I would strip the wax that was applied by the dealer by hand washing it with dawn, car wash shampoo, a mitt, and 2 buckets(one with clean water and one with the soap solution). Any meguiars or mothers at Walmart would work. Then clay it to remove any contaminates that are on the paint so the wax will have a clean surface to bond. Meguiars ultimate line can be found at Walmart works great and is very user friendly. On another note if you clay be prepared to maybe use a fine polish because claying can marr the paint surface creating ugly holograms. You will notice them when you look in direct sunlight. Google it if you want some pictures of what it looks like. Another quick tip is don't go crazy with the wax. A little is all you need and follow up with additional coats if you feel like it. I like applying at least 2 to ensure coverage. Go in strait lines not circles. Good luck and post some after photos! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk huh. I thought claying removed all of the wax or silicone that was on it. But I guess dish soap would remove it since it is used for cutting grease also I thought going in lines not circles was for dmc what does the difference in motions do?

Jersey_Joe
02-04-2015, 07:38 AM
huh. I thought claying removed all of the wax or silicone that was on it. But I guess dish soap would remove it since it is used for cutting grease
Dish soap will kill all the wax on the paint. And then u start from scratch.

Ford Fan#1
02-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Dish soap will kill all the wax on the paint. And then u start from scratch. huh... I'll need to do that then.

RhinoZ24
02-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Dish soap will kill all the wax on the paint. And then u start from scratch.

Yes it will, learned that the hard way a long time ago lol

DWC (donewithchevy )
02-04-2015, 10:19 AM
^^^ Yup ! Use to watch my neighbor wash an wax often , he would wash car in between wax jobs and then asked me what the hell was going wrong with his paint. Shoulda seen his face when I told him he was stripping the new wax of his car every time he washed it. Thought he was gonna cry . This had been going on for like 2 years lol! And he did it often.

1 clean with dawn and dry completely

2 clay bar

3 apply quality wax of you choice.

4 repeat as necessary for protection and degree of shine you wanna keep

RhinoZ24
02-04-2015, 10:42 AM
^^^ Yup ! Use to watch my neighbor wash an wax often , he would wash car in between wax jobs and then asked me what the hell was going wrong with his paint. Shoulda seen his face when I told him he was stripping the new wax of his car every time he washed it. Thought he was gonna cry . This had been going on for like 2 years lol! And he did it often.

1 clean with dawn and dry completely

2 clay bar

3 apply quality wax of you choice.

4 repeat as necessary for protection and degree of shine you wanna keep

That's just cruel haha, but at least you told him...eventually.

DWC (donewithchevy )
02-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Haha! No ! I told him when I realized what he was doing. This neighbors ok, but I made him promise not to tell the ******* next to me. He's doing it too, but I've known he's been stripping the wax off his audi for quite a while lol !........

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The word jackazz is no good ?

RhinoZ24
02-05-2015, 01:41 AM
Nope it will censor it lol

blacked_out
02-05-2015, 05:30 AM
huh. I thought claying removed all of the wax or silicone that was on it. But I guess dish soap would remove it since it is used for cutting grease also I thought going in lines not circles was for dmc what does the difference in motions do?

You go in strait lines because if you do get some micro marring of the paint it will only be visible in one light, one angle other than if you go in swirls it will show in every light and every angle. It makes sense to me because I detail so I look at paint a little different and know what a pain marring or holograms can be. Just remember to work clean and use microfiber. Every detailer, or good detailer, will say the same. Remember the pictures when your done. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jersey_Joe
02-05-2015, 05:52 AM
Haha! No ! I told him when I realized what he was doing. This neighbors ok, but I made him promise not to tell the ******* next to me. He's doing it too, but I've known he's been stripping the wax off his audi for quite a while lol !........ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The word jackazz is no good ?
Sorry. I usually write it like this. Jack@$$ sorry I did not implement the rule lol

RexReid
02-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Sorry. I usually write it like this. Jack@$$ sorry I did not implement the rule lol

What about "jack wagon"? See the wagon goes in back :rolleyes:

RhinoZ24
02-05-2015, 01:06 PM

Now I'm thinking of Happy Gilmore... "You will not score, you Jack@$$!"

Androidious
08-31-2015, 05:19 AM
For those who aren't sure whether Ford condones the use of clay bars on their paint (simply based on rumors I've heard of someone saying that Ford said not to use clay bar on their finishes), I went to the Ford site and it specifically recommends the use of a clay bar to remove contaminants on the paint surface - see the "cleaning the exterior" section.

See below:
Tips for Returning Your Vehicle to Showroom Clean | Vehicle Features | Official Ford Owner Site (http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/cleaning-your-vehicle/vehicle-cleaning-tips.html)

For what its worth, my dad says not to wax the paint for 6 months if it's freshly painted, but I'm not sure what his source is for this information. Or does that only apply to paints without clearcoat or what... who knows. I personally worry about the industrial fallout contaminants from shipping and whatnot though.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Ford Fan#1
08-31-2015, 05:49 AM
For those who aren't sure whether Ford condones the use of clay bars on their paint (simply based on rumors I've heard of someone saying that Ford said not to use clay bar on their finishes), I went to the Ford site and it specifically recommends the use of a clay bar to remove contaminants on the paint surface - see the "cleaning the exterior" section. See below: Tips for Returning Your Vehicle to Showroom Clean | Vehicle Features | Official Ford Owner Site (http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/cleaning-your-vehicle/vehicle-cleaning-tips.html) For what its worth, my dad says not to wax the paint for 6 months if it's freshly painted, but I'm not sure what his source is for this information. Or does that only apply to paints without clearcoat or what... who knows. I personally worry about the industrial fallout contaminants from shipping and whatnot though. Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk the paint is usually cured already. It's if you have paint work done after you pick it up. Then the paint needs to cure.

Jersey_Joe
08-31-2015, 07:13 AM
For those who aren't sure whether Ford condones the use of clay bars on their paint (simply based on rumors I've heard of someone saying that Ford said not to use clay bar on their finishes), I went to the Ford site and it specifically recommends the use of a clay bar to remove contaminants on the paint surface - see the "cleaning the exterior" section. See below: Tips for Returning Your Vehicle to Showroom Clean | Vehicle Features | Official Ford Owner Site (http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/cleaning-your-vehicle/vehicle-cleaning-tips.html) For what its worth, my dad says not to wax the paint for 6 months if it's freshly painted, but I'm not sure what his source is for this information. Or does that only apply to paints without clearcoat or what... who knows. I personally worry about the industrial fallout contaminants from shipping and whatnot though. Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Nice write. Again. Welcome to the forum

5Star tuned.....