PDA

View Full Version : Cd player.

Ford Fan#1
01-20-2015, 02:20 PM
How hard would it be to put this in my truck? Its not what I want to do. But I'm about to tear my hair out Beacause of the stupid crap on the radio.

RhinoZ24
01-20-2015, 02:29 PM
If its anything like my '05, its just a few tabs holding on the dash cover, 4 screws holding in the radio, and electrical/antenna connectors. Easy to do. Hayne's manual really helped when I installed my radio.

Ford Fan#1
01-20-2015, 02:32 PM
If its anything like my '05, its just a few tabs holding on the dash cover, 4 screws holding in the radio, and electrical/antenna connectors. Easy to do. Hayne's manual really helped when I installed my radio. so it's plug and play basically?

RhinoZ24
01-20-2015, 07:03 PM
You might have to get an adapter for the radio or just splice and solder the wires, but yeah basically.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

Ford Fan#1
01-20-2015, 07:04 PM
You might have to get an adapter for the radio or just splice and solder the wires, but yeah basically. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd adaptor for sure haha I'm not touching wires

djfllmn
01-20-2015, 07:06 PM
adaptor for sure haha I'm not touching wires
you have to solder the wires from the radio head unit to the adapter harness

Ford Fan#1
01-20-2015, 07:09 PM
you have to solder the wires from the radio head unit to the adapter harness and you can disconnect the adaptor? Does it plug in and turn the connectors around or something? Like this?

djfllmn
01-20-2015, 07:18 PM
and you can disconnect the adaptor? Does it plug in and turn the connectors around or something? Like this?

you get a ford radio harness adaptor..has the correct plug on it..you then solder those pigtails to the head unit harness pigtails

Ford Fan#1
01-20-2015, 07:29 PM
you get a ford radio harness adaptor..has the correct plug on it..you then solder those pigtails to the head unit harness pigtails that sounds like something in comfortable with haha

RhinoZ24
01-20-2015, 07:30 PM
you get a ford radio harness adaptor..has the correct plug on it..you then solder those pigtails to the head unit harness pigtails

Nope, I got an aftermarket adapter that fit the factory plug that went into the factory radio. Just had to get some wire clamps and connect the wires from the adapter to those of the aftermarket head unit harness.

djfllmn
01-20-2015, 07:37 PM
Nope, I got an aftermarket adapter that fit the factory plug that went into the factory radio. Just had to get some wire clamps and connect the wires from the adapter to those of the aftermarket head unit harness.

thats what im saying lol

RhinoZ24
01-20-2015, 11:10 PM
thats what im saying lol

Just reread it lol. Sorry

BFEB
01-21-2015, 07:56 AM
Easy swap. And if you have just a little electrical ability you can add a switch to bypass the parking break shut off for the DVD player so you can play DVDs whilst you drive (for your passengers)

Ford Fan#1
01-21-2015, 08:28 AM
Easy swap. And if you have just a little electrical ability you can add a switch to bypass the parking break shut off for the DVD player so you can play DVDs whilst you drive (for your passengers) haha nah. I wouldn't mess with anything besides just an adapter

BFEB
01-21-2015, 08:52 AM
There you go hating fun lol jk

Ford Fan#1
01-21-2015, 09:18 AM
There you go hating fun lol jk I mean the movie part would be fun. But I don't want to mess with anything. Beacause I plan on putting another 6 disk in it.

RhinoZ24
01-21-2015, 10:56 AM
There you go hating fun lol jk

Lmao

Ford Fan#1
01-21-2015, 11:01 AM
What I'm trying to do is get a temporary aftermarket CD player. And fixing / getting a new / working factory 6disk and putting it back like original.

RhinoZ24
01-21-2015, 02:35 PM
What I'm trying to do is get a temporary aftermarket CD player. And fixing / getting a new / working factory 6disk and putting it back like original.

Why not keep the aftermarket one that's probably better? Just curious.

Ford Fan#1
01-21-2015, 03:25 PM
Why not keep the aftermarket one that's probably better? Just curious. looks. I like it stock. And it fits better with the truck. Think of it like a western town that is suppose to take place in 1800's and a giant tv with mtv playing rap music. Doesn't go together.

RhinoZ24
01-21-2015, 03:32 PM
That's the same thing I said originally too when I upgraded. Then I realized aftermarket had way more of the options and features I wanted for my head unit.

Ford Fan#1
01-21-2015, 05:54 PM
That's the same thing I said originally too when I upgraded. Then I realized aftermarket had way more of the options and features I wanted for my head unit. Ah. Well. I'll be sure to do what I intend to do beacause my brother has a saying in it too haha

RhinoZ24
01-22-2015, 12:40 AM
Haha ok then

Ford Fan#1
02-02-2015, 08:13 PM
So. I found out that it says the traffic and stuff such as what song is playing. I turned the traffic off and turned it up ( as a good song was on ) it cranks up to 65% and wouldn't go down! So I push in on the volume button.. Minutes later I turn it back on to attempt to turn it down. And it's at 30%? What just happened?

Ford Fan#1
02-03-2015, 10:56 AM
Anybody know what this black or gray part is called?

Jersey_Joe
02-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Radio frame

----------

It will tell u that in your HAYNES MANUAL! Lol

Ford Fan#1
02-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Radio frame ---------- It will tell u that in your HAYNES MANUAL! Lol haha. The only problem is that the ones around me are $30 each. I've found one on e bay for $17 but my brother says no it's a waist of money and stuff like that.

Jersey_Joe
02-03-2015, 12:04 PM
haha. The only problem is that the ones around me are $30 each. I've found one on e bay for $17 but my brother says no it's a waist of money and stuff like that.
Well. Your brother doesn't know. And. U don't know. So. The ones that know are telling u to grab a service manual to better educate u on how to fix ur truck. Does your brother know how to fix your rockers? No? Haynes manual does. If I listened to everything everybody else said in life young man id b sitting behind a desk somewhere doing lord knows what. Get a Haynes manual. Breaks your bank and put ur face in that book. You will learn a lot about your truck. But what do I know lol

Ford Fan#1
02-03-2015, 12:12 PM
But what do I know lol How to kill Lamborghini and Ferrari in a quarter mile...

Jersey_Joe
02-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Think I got there by listening to everybody else tellin me what to do. Ha. I still have the Haynes manual from my first car buried somewhere. Do ur self a fav and go get one. Learn about how an engine works. And suspension. Drivetrain. Electrical. All of it. And then when u fix it yourself u can tell ur brother he can walk

----------

How to kill Lamborghini and Ferrari in a quarter mile...
There not 1/4 cars. Road cars. They'll kill me in there world

Ford Fan#1
02-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Think I got there by listening to everybody else tellin me what to do. Ha. I still have the Haynes manual from my first car buried somewhere. Do ur self a fav and go get one. Learn about how an engine works. And suspension. Drivetrain. Electrical. All of it. And then when u fix it yourself u can tell ur brother he can walk ---------- There not 1/4 cars. Road cars. They'll kill me in there world well. They can go strait you can't turn so. You win and lose in some points

RhinoZ24
02-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Think I got there by listening to everybody else tellin me what to do. Ha. I still have the Haynes manual from my first car buried somewhere. Do ur self a fav and go get one. Learn about how an engine works. And suspension. Drivetrain. Electrical. All of it. And then when u fix it yourself u can tell ur brother he can walk

----------

There not 1/4 cars. Road cars. They'll kill me in there world

Then become an automotive engineer...lol jk don't do that because life will suck during college.
And Joe you just need the GT350R, then you can smoke 'em

----------

haha. The only problem is that the ones around me are $30 each. I've found one on e bay for $17 but my brother says no it's a waist of money and stuff like that.

ROCKAUTO.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greatest piece of literature you will ever buy, you will definitely learn a lot from it.

Jersey_Joe
02-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Then become an automotive engineer...lol jk don't do that because life will suck during college. And Joe you just need the GT350R, then you can smoke 'em ---------- ROCKAUTO.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greatest piece of literature you will ever buy, you will definitely learn a lot from it.

RTR s Mmm Mmm Mmm

Tell em!!!

Ford Fan#1
02-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Then become an automotive engineer...lol jk don't do that because life will suck during college. And Joe you just need the GT350R, then you can smoke 'em ---------- ROCKAUTO.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greatest piece of literature you will ever buy, you will definitely learn a lot from it. their website confuses me. The credit card part anyways..

RhinoZ24
02-03-2015, 02:49 PM
How? You put the item in your cart, hit checkout, and input your credit card info. They then process it and send you your parts. What's confusing? Lol

Jersey_Joe
02-03-2015, 03:18 PM
their website confuses me. The credit card part anyways..
What???

----------

How? You put the item in your cart, hit checkout, and input your credit card info. They then process it and send you your parts. What's confusing? Lol
X2

----------

Ask your brother. He knows. Hahaha

Ford Fan#1
02-03-2015, 03:26 PM
How? You put the item in your cart, hit checkout, and input your credit card info. They then process it and send you your parts. What's confusing? Lol it said something that nobody knew what it meant.

----------

What??? ---------- X2 ---------- Ask your brother. He knows. Hahaha actually he don't haha he's the one that couldn't figure it out

Jersey_Joe
02-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Oh. That's right twins. So how's this work. If one can't do it. The other one can't either lol?

Ford Fan#1
02-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Oh. That's right twins. So how's this work. If one can't do it. The other one can't either lol? yeah lmao that's about right and went to Walmart and looked at their aftermarket units... I'm 17 and it was like being a 80 year old trying to work a computer..... Nah. Not going well..

RhinoZ24
02-04-2015, 12:08 AM
Oh brother...lol

Ford Fan#1
02-04-2015, 07:39 AM
Oh brother...lol Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd I seriously spent like 10 minutes trying to figure them out... Not easy..

RhinoZ24
02-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Well what's the issue and maybe we can help.

Ford Fan#1
02-04-2015, 09:52 AM
Well what's the issue and maybe we can help. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd just the layout and such. It's confusing

RhinoZ24
02-04-2015, 10:40 AM
Just gotta play around on it, you'll figure it out.

Ford Fan#1
02-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Just gotta play around on it, you'll figure it out. at Walmart? Haha

RhinoZ24
02-04-2015, 10:45 AM
No Rockauto.com

Ford Fan#1
02-04-2015, 10:47 AM
No Rockauto.com I thought we were talking about aftermarket CD players haha

RhinoZ24
02-04-2015, 11:13 AM
I thought we were talking about Rockauto.com and how you couldn't figure out how to buy a repair manual lol.

Ford Fan#1
02-04-2015, 11:50 AM
I thought we were talking about Rockauto.com and how you couldn't figure out how to buy a repair manual lol. well. It's the credit card part. It asked something nobody had any clue what it meant..

BFEB
02-04-2015, 02:03 PM
well. It's the credit card part. It asked something nobody had any clue what it meant.. what did it ask for?

Ford Fan#1
02-04-2015, 02:47 PM
what did it ask for? can't remember. I'll try and find out I think it was a security thing that tasca didn't have.

RhinoZ24
02-04-2015, 03:37 PM
It's the security code for your card. Besides the actual credit card number there's a code, for every credit card there is a 3 digit code on the back, and for American Express there is a 4 digit code on the front of the card below the credit card number. It's the card security code, sometimes called the CSC or CVC. I think rockauto.com will tell you that if you click on the place where it asks for it.

Ford Fan#1
02-04-2015, 03:42 PM
It's the security code for your card. Besides the actual credit card number there's a code, for every credit card there is a 3 digit code on the back, and for American Express there is a 4 digit code on the front of the card below the credit card number. It's the card security code, sometimes called the CSC or CVC. I think rockauto.com will tell you that if you click on the place where it asks for it. well.. I don't think that's it beacause I typed in the 3 digit code

RhinoZ24
02-05-2015, 01:43 AM
Is it a picture of what looks like letters then? I haven't ordered anything recently so I don't remember exactly

Ford Fan#1
02-05-2015, 08:38 AM
Is it a picture of what looks like letters then? I haven't ordered anything recently so I don't remember exactly Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd don't remember. My brother did it all..

RhinoZ24
02-05-2015, 12:59 PM
How are we supposed to help you then knucklehead? We need a how-to on here for Rockauto.com haha

Ford Fan#1
02-05-2015, 02:34 PM
How are we supposed to help you then knucklehead? We need a how-to on here for Rockauto.com haha haha yeah

RhinoZ24
02-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Next time I order something from them I'll make one just for you lol

Ford Fan#1
02-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Next time I order something from them I'll make one just for you lol haha thanks.. But I think I'm just going to do tasca instead. Since I have all of the parts I need in my cart.... I don't want to say how much the total is..

RhinoZ24
02-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Have it your way then lol