PDA

View Full Version : Rims

MidnightBlue
12-13-2014, 01:59 PM
I was wondering what would be good off road rims and off set for my truck? It's a 2012 F-150, color Blue Flame and it has a 2.5 leveling kit. I am staying away from fully chrome rims.

AlbertaOilPatchF150
12-14-2014, 10:40 AM
What size tires do you want to run?

I'm looking at Fuel Off Road Hostages (18 x 9) with 4.5" backspacing in satin black then upgrading to 35 x 12.5 R 18 Toyo Open Country MT's

Jersey_Joe
12-14-2014, 10:44 AM
What size tires do you want to run? I'm looking at Fuel Off Road Hostages (18 x 9) with 4.5" backspacing in satin black then upgrading to 35 x 12.5 R 18 Toyo Open Country MT's
I had the mt on my 03. Loved them. Best tire on the road for your money if your asking me. But for my 13'. It will b toyo open country at2. And fuelys lol

Ain't they bad ass

Jersey_Joe
12-14-2014, 10:44 AM
Welcome to the forum midnight blue

AlbertaOilPatchF150
12-14-2014, 10:51 AM
Yep, them are badass Joe, tell ya what, send 'em up here and I'll break 'em in for ya and send them back in the spring ;)

Jersey_Joe
12-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Haha. I don't think the at2 R for u brother. I think u are in a n mt world up there lol. But I'll send em up if u need em lol

AlbertaOilPatchF150
12-14-2014, 11:09 AM
MT's are decent in deep snow and undeniably awesome in mud, but they have about as much traction as a hockey puck on ice lol. Goodyear Wrangler Duratrak's with studs in them are the off road tire of choice for a lot of guys around here in the winter. I'm gonna keep rocking my BFG AT's till I can't go anywhwere in 2 wheel drive anymore, then decide what to do, but I REALLY love the Toyo MT's.

Jersey_Joe
12-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Dura track is also a great tire. I think they all suck in ice. I'd spend my money on a toyo product over anything

RexReid
12-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Dura track is also a great tire. I think they all suck in ice. I'd spend my money on a toyo product over anything

Yep, they all suck on ice. I think tires are made from the same rubber as a hockey puck. lol

Jersey_Joe
12-14-2014, 04:47 PM
I was wondering what would be good off road rims and off set for my truck? It's a 2012 F-150, color Blue Flame and it has a 2.5 leveling kit. I am staying away from fully chrome rims.
Depends on what kind of look you R going for. And another thing. I had an f150 with an offset. If u like the paint? I wouldn't get the offset I didn't want those big @$$ fender covers. Tore my paint up. Anyways. If u have a 2.5 lift you can fit 35's np. Depends on what wheel size and depth u want. So what I need to know is. What wheel size Do you have now?

AlbertaOilPatchF150
12-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Ya but it looks cooler when your tires stick out from the fenders Joe, you know that! how do you think companies like Bushwacker stay in business? lol

@RexRied - I take it you haven't played much hockey. If your tires were made of the same rubber compound as a puck they would be pretty useless in temperatures below freezing. Winter tires and some better quality All terrain tires are made from a softer compound that allow them to remain more pliable at colder temperatures which allows them to grip the road surface better in icy conditions. This will cause faster wear in warmer temperatures and on dry pavement but they are much safer on ice & snow.

----------

To the OP - what ever you decide to go with, show that baby off and post some pics!

Ford Fan#1
12-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Ya but it looks cooler when your tires stick out from the fenders Joe, you know that! how do you think companies like Bushwacker stay in business? lol @RexRied - I take it you haven't played much hockey. If your tires were made of the same rubber compound as a puck they would be pretty useless in temperatures below freezing. Winter tires and some better quality All terrain tires are made from a softer compound that allow them to remain more pliable at colder temperatures which allows them to grip the road surface better in icy conditions. This will cause faster wear in warmer temperatures and on dry pavement but they are much safer on ice & snow. it doesn't look cool when you get side swiped And end up missing an axil...

AlbertaOilPatchF150
12-14-2014, 05:36 PM
True, but then again I would probably dump the truck for whatever I could get out of it and buy a new one if that happened.

Jersey_Joe
12-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Ya but it looks cooler when your tires stick out from the fenders Joe, you know that! how do you think companies like Bushwacker stay in business? lol @RexRied - I take it you haven't played much hockey. If your tires were made of the same rubber compound as a puck they would be pretty useless in temperatures below freezing. Winter tires and some better quality All terrain tires are made from a softer compound that allow them to remain more pliable at colder temperatures which allows them to grip the road surface better in icy conditions. This will cause faster wear in warmer temperatures and on dry pavement but they are much safer on ice & snow. ---------- To the OP - what ever you decide to go with, show that baby off and post some pics!
I agree. I do. It's just a lot more maintenance on that paint lol

----------

True, but then again I would probably dump the truck for whatever I could get out of it and buy a new one if that happened.
Heard that! Haha

RexReid
12-15-2014, 07:06 PM
@RexRied - I take it you haven't played much hockey. If your tires were made of the same rubber compound as a puck they would be pretty useless in temperatures below freezing. Winter tires and some better quality All terrain tires are made from a softer compound that allow them to remain more pliable at colder temperatures which allows them to grip the road surface better in icy conditions. This will cause faster wear in warmer temperatures and on dry pavement but they are much safer on ice & snow.

Used to--not very well though--lol