PDA

View Full Version : After Market Headlights that Blink when your turnsignal is on

blaquealaskan
11-30-2014, 02:58 PM
Hey Guys,

New to the forum (Saw a url on a local guys F-150 figured i'd check it out) so I was driving a few days ago and saw a guy with a newer F-150 than me... I think it may have been a 2011+ but he had headlights and foglights and even though it was daytime in his headlights it had a white strip of lights surrounding the angel eye in the acutal housing and would blink when he had his turn signal on (he was turning left) and the right headlight jus stayed a solid white. Kinda wish I was able to take a picture but I couldnt.... Has anyone heard of these before cause they were pretty bad ass.... even the Foglights were flashing.

Ford Fan#1
11-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Hey Guys, New to the forum (Saw a url on a local guys F-150 figured i'd check it out) so I was driving a few days ago and saw a guy with a newer F-150 than me... I think it may have been a 2011+ but he had headlights and foglights and even though it was daytime in his headlights it had a white strip of lights surrounding the angel eye in the acutal housing and would blink when he had his turn signal on (he was turning left) and the right headlight jus stayed a solid white. Kinda wish I was able to take a picture but I couldnt.... Has anyone heard of these before cause they were pretty bad ass.... even the Foglights were flashing. oh. That's called f'd up wiring :D haha maybe another member can help

Jersey_Joe
11-30-2014, 03:30 PM
There is a thread on them somewhere I looked for 20 minutes and couldn't find em. Baby Is cryin lol. There was a fella on here trying to sell em. He made them and guaranteed them. They were gorgeous

----------

I'll try again in a little while.

----------

Hey Guys, New to the forum (Saw a url on a local guys F-150 figured i'd check it out) so I was driving a few days ago and saw a guy with a newer F-150 than me... I think it may have been a 2011+ but he had headlights and foglights and even though it was daytime in his headlights it had a white strip of lights surrounding the angel eye in the acutal housing and would blink when he had his turn signal on (he was turning left) and the right headlight jus stayed a solid white. Kinda wish I was able to take a picture but I couldnt.... Has anyone heard of these before cause they were pretty bad ass.... even the Foglights were flashing.
Btw. Welcome to the forum. Post up some pics of ur truck

RexReid
11-30-2014, 03:39 PM
oh. That's called f'd up wiring :D haha maybe another member can help

Thanks for the laugh.

Ford Fan#1
11-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the laugh. no problem haha

blaquealaskan
12-01-2014, 11:46 AM
There is a thread on them somewhere I looked for 20 minutes and couldn't find em. Baby Is cryin lol. There was a fella on here trying to sell em. He made them and guaranteed them. They were gorgeous

----------

I'll try again in a little while.

----------

Btw. Welcome to the forum. Post up some pics of ur truck

Thanks for they welcome Joey, Yeah I tried using the search box but couldnt' come up with anything if you happen to see it again please drop me a pm or something. I'll get pics of my F-150 up soon.

Thanks!

Raptor05121
12-02-2014, 06:07 AM
Kenneth, what you saw were called swichbacks. It sounds like the guy had whats called a retrofit as well. We put HID projectors into housings that normally didnt have them, and some people put LED strips in there as well. Here are a few examples:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/bilinvic/Retrofit%20Headlights/LED_Rectangles_12.jpg

https://raptor-svt.freedommotorsports.us/images/retrofit_oemhid_custom.jpg

Here are the actual LEDs used:

https://raptor-svt.freedommotorsports.us/images/retrofit_oemhid_custom.jpg

It's not cheap. My retro (I have a 1998) has well over $500 into it. The newer ones, like what you saw, with heads and fogs combo, could be well over $1,500 in lighting mods. Most of that is labor.

Jersey_Joe
12-02-2014, 07:04 AM
The professor to the rescue. Thank u sir.

AlbertaOilPatchF150
12-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Those are frickin sweet! I wish I had the time and ambition and know how to do that kind of stuff. Looks really good. :cool:

RhinoZ24
12-02-2014, 08:19 AM
The professor to the rescue. Thank u sir.

He never fails us lol

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

Ford Fan#1
12-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Kenneth, what you saw were called swichbacks. It sounds like the guy had whats called a retrofit as well. We put HID projectors into housings that normally didnt have them, and some people put LED strips in there as well. Here are a few examples: Here are the actual LEDs used: https://raptor-svt.freedommotorsports.us/images/retrofit_oemhid_custom.jpg It's not cheap. My retro (I have a 1998) has well over $500 into it. The newer ones, like what you saw, with heads and fogs combo, could be well over $1,500 in lighting mods. Most of that is labor. I like them orange raptor ones!

Five-Oh
02-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Hey guys, just bought a new to me F150. I've had Gm's prior to this truck and I belonged to a GM forum and there was a guy named Phil doing retrofits for a living. I had a set of Sierra lights with Morimoto projectors installed. The guy does jam up work. Anyway I'm sure he could do F-150 lights as well. His website is Fastheadlights.com. I will be seeing about a pair of color matched and retrofitted headlights for my truck in the near future. Hope this helps some!

Jersey_Joe
02-11-2015, 04:29 PM
Hey guys, just bought a new to me F150. I've had Gm's prior to this truck and I belonged to a GM forum and there was a guy named Phil doing retrofits for a living. I had a set of Sierra lights with Morimoto projectors installed. The guy does jam up work. Anyway I'm sure he could do F-150 lights as well. His website is Fastheadlights.com. I will be seeing about a pair of color matched and retrofitted headlights for my truck in the near future. Hope this helps some!
Right on. Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the tip

RhinoZ24
02-12-2015, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the website!

Cjones_1005
02-13-2015, 07:33 AM
When I installed my aftermarket halos, with the LED strip. You could either wire the LED and halos into the signal light, or running light, which is what I did. I guess you could do the same with the fog lights. Anyways, I'm sure the ones you saw cost way more than mine haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Fan#1
02-13-2015, 07:37 AM
When I installed my aftermarket halos, with the LED strip. You could either wire the LED and halos into the signal light, or running light, which is what I did. I guess you could do the same with the fog lights. Anyways, I'm sure the ones you saw cost way more than mine haha Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk how much did those cost?nevermind saw other post