PDA

View Full Version : No heat

speeddemon
11-30-2014, 10:42 AM
2013 f150 heater in truck doesn't seem to work takes forever to get heat going, anyone had similar problems, or know some any reasons,, apart from the coolent level it's checked.

alfie
11-30-2014, 11:27 AM
What's the ambient temp ? How long does it take ? Also blower fan speed good , just no heating ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RexReid
11-30-2014, 12:35 PM
2013 f150 heater in truck doesn't seem to work takes forever to get heat going, anyone had similar problems, or know some any reasons,, apart from the coolent level it's checked.

Is the truck temperature gauge warming up? Is the coolant getting warm? If the truck is getting warm, which you can also remove your radiator cap upon start up to see if the thermostat is allowing it to warm up, then it is not getting the warm water to the heater core. It could be blocked or it could be the controls.

After all that, isn't it under warranty?

AlbertaOilPatchF150
12-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Blend door actuators are a known problem on these trucks, I think that's where the dealer would look first if the engine is getting up to temp but you aren't getting any warm air. The truck should have lots of warranty, I'd be taking it in to the dealership and have them look at it.

Jersey_Joe
12-01-2014, 04:49 PM
My blend door went in my 03'

RexReid
12-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Blend door actuators are a known problem on these trucks, I think that's where the dealer would look first if the engine is getting up to temp but you aren't getting any warm air. The truck should have lots of warranty, I'd be taking it in to the dealership and have them look at it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2

RhinoZ24
12-02-2014, 01:11 AM

I think they'd just give him a new truck if it was the heater core already lol. Even mechanics hate replacing those lol.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd