PDA

View Full Version : Cluster gauges are messe up

shawn97wells
11-26-2014, 11:33 PM
This all started when I thought I found a fix for my odom not showing any information. It required taking apart the cluster. So I did but in the process I believe I messed up every single needle. They all move but do not go back to normal position and the Speedo, and temp ones will not stay on the small platform. So what do I need to do to fix it? I was hoping just new needles. But if I have to i will by a Fx4 cluster to replace the plain XL one. Year model is 06 if it matters. Thanks in advance!!

RhinoZ24
11-27-2014, 12:05 AM
Not new needles, you have to resync them. I did the same thing to mine but luckily I had a programmer so I could see the same info the gauges display. That was the way I got mine accurate again. That's about the only way you can do that besides having someone else do that.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows

shawn97wells
11-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Well on two of the needles I broke them, the little thin black piece in the base of the needle that keeps them in place snapped out. How would I resync them?

RhinoZ24
11-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Well on two of the needles I broke them, the little thin black piece in the base of the needle that keeps them in place snapped out. How would I resync them?

Oh then those you would need new needles. But the rest you just need to be able to read the PID's (parameter ID's) of your truck, like rpms, mph, coolant temp. The oil and battery gauges are dummy gauges so they don't matter much.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows