PDA

View Full Version : Coolant filter

schuflea
10-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Anyone have a coolant filtration for this truck? I am approaching 100,000 miles and getting ready for a coolant flush and just wanted to have peace of mind.

I am also adding the inline tranny filter.

Has anyone upgraded the tranny cooler an seen a performance / improvement in tranny temps?

I have an old Baldwin heavy duty oil filter with bypass kit for myold7.3L. I am looking at buying the adapter kit from Amsoil and running oil bypass as well.

Thanks

Raptor05121
10-10-2014, 05:52 PM
I don't believe there are filters on the cooling system, although it did pass through my mind (I recently replaced my coolant).

You should already have a tranny filter and from what several Ford techs have told me, they don't need replacing. Quoting them: "[I] have seen 400k units cut open and look clean as a new unit." Take that as you wish, I'm all for preventive maintenance.

A tranny cooler will undoubtedly help, especially if you tow a lot. I'm no expert on automatics, but if you are just a weekend grocery getting, its probably not worth the financial gain. If you tow stuff and it ****s a lot and ho up hills, etc. Yeah do it.

-Alex

RhinoZ24
10-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Anyone have a coolant filtration for this truck? I am approaching 100,000 miles and getting ready for a coolant flush and just wanted to have peace of mind.

I am also adding the inline tranny filter.

Has anyone upgraded the tranny cooler an seen a performance / improvement in tranny temps?

I have an old Baldwin heavy duty oil filter with bypass kit for myold7.3L. I am looking at buying the adapter kit from Amsoil and running oil bypass as well.

Thanks

Adding to this, if you already have the tow package then the Trans cooler is big enough. Aftermarket won't wield you much better cooling.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

5pointSlo
10-10-2014, 07:02 PM
No real need for a coolant filter on a gaser. They are used on diesels for the coolant fallout and break down

schuflea
10-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Has anyone seen a oil bypass and filtration unit used on these trucks? I was curious if my old 7.3 unit would work?

Also wondering if we could update our display unit.

I see on superdutys they have oil temps and some f150s have tire psi on the off road screen.

Any ideas?

Jersey_Joe
10-19-2014, 04:53 PM
What year truck. And it's it a 150?

RhinoZ24
10-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Has anyone seen a oil bypass and filtration unit used on these trucks? I was curious if my old 7.3 unit would work?

Also wondering if we could update our display unit.

I see on superdutys they have oil temps and some f150s have tire psi on the off road screen.

Any ideas?

I don't know about display units because I have no idea on the current gen, but the aftermarket world does have a lot out there. If you can't find anything, look into a programmer. I have the EDGE Evolution and it allows me to view just about every PID you could ever want, and up to 4 at a time. It might be better to get one because then you get some extra power at the same time lol.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

schuflea
11-17-2014, 03:14 PM
2012 f150 ecoboost