PDA

View Full Version : Leveling pro/cons

boomlouder
09-30-2014, 01:12 PM
Ok I have a 01 supercrew 2wd with 82k miles on it I'm the 2nd owner. I'm considering leveling the truck but have heard it will make it handle horrible.

I tow quite often so most likely a front lift instead of lowering the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooperf150-06
09-30-2014, 01:16 PM
For an 01 u can crank up the torsion bars, I had my 2000 done and it was not to big of a deference but anytime u go above stock the ride will change. Just google or YouTube it

Jersey_Joe
09-30-2014, 01:17 PM
I believe it will handle like crap after it breaks in. If u tow a lot. Why not just leave it b. I'm sure you'll feel the difference down the road

boomlouder
09-30-2014, 02:52 PM
The reason I'm looking at leveling is my headlights are pointed up as far as I can get them and I still can't see very far in front of the truck. I'm getting ready to switch to a job that requires a lot of night travel.

Carolina Boostin
09-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Leveled mine so I could fit bigger tires

2012 BUILT ECOBEAST
2001 YAMAHA ROADSTAR 1600

Jersey_Joe
09-30-2014, 04:19 PM
The reason I'm looking at leveling is my headlights are pointed up as far as I can get them and I still can't see very far in front of the truck. I'm getting ready to switch to a job that requires a lot of night travel. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd put a set of bigger springs on the back. Or a set of helper springs

RhinoZ24
09-30-2014, 05:23 PM
The reason I'm looking at leveling is my headlights are pointed up as far as I can get them and I still can't see very far in front of the truck. I'm getting ready to switch to a job that requires a lot of night travel.

That's a lighting issue then. Hit up the professor, aka Raptor. He's the lighting guru and can point you in the right direction of lights that will be brighter and illuminate a much farther distance ahead. That will also be a lot cheaper than a leveling kit.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd, Nissan and Honda are the leftovers.

Jersey_Joe
09-30-2014, 08:43 PM
True. A nice 41 led light bar would do nice as well

Ford Fan#1
10-01-2014, 04:28 AM
Ok I have a 01 supercrew 2wd with 82k miles on it I'm the 2nd owner. I'm considering leveling the truck but have heard it will make it handle horrible. I tow quite often so most likely a front lift instead of lowering the rear. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I have silvania bulbs. I like them ( even though they aren't aimed at all... ) I also have fog lights. They are aimed up all the way. I can light up the trees with the fogs.

Stpnout
11-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone I'm looking for some help on a 2016 f150 we are trying to put a levelling kit in and I know you have to rotate strut after spacer is put on but this throws the bottom strut bracket off how do you turn that to line up again?
Thanks for any help

Stpnout
11-29-2016, 07:55 PM
Is there anyone who can help me with This?

RhinoZ24
11-29-2016, 08:40 PM
Is there anyone who can help me with This?

Have you purchased the leveling kit yet? It should have instructions for everything. When I installed my ReadyLift leveling kit on my '05 it detailed everything. If I recall right, you will en up turning your strut 180 degrees to fit the leveling block and that will allow the bottom end to line up still. I'm 99% certain Rhys what I did on my install. Should be the same even for a 2016.