PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove these lines

tinyrollinhigh
09-15-2014, 02:15 PM
I think they just slide off but want to make sure before I try to broke to fix anything that I brake

tinyrollinhigh
09-15-2014, 02:22 PM

RhinoZ24
09-15-2014, 02:44 PM
The fuel lines? What year is your truck, it looks a little different than the '05 setup (different generation truck obviously lol) because mine has fuel rails that go to the fuel injectors, not lines.

tinyrollinhigh
09-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Yeah thats my fuel rail I am redoing my injectors oh its a 99 4.6l 4x4

----------

Those lines go into the back of my fuel rail

RhinoZ24
09-16-2014, 12:10 AM
Yeah thats my fuel rail I am redoing my injectors oh its a 99 4.6l 4x4

----------

Those lines go into the back of my fuel rail

They do? It looks like that bottom line goes straight to a fuel injector.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

Raptor05121
09-16-2014, 10:32 AM
In ours, its got a double feed that goes to a fuel pressure regulator. Although I've never seen a connector like that, there is normally a special clip for fuel lines

Grabber70Mach
09-16-2014, 10:42 AM
The hose isn't going to come off the fuel rail, I'm pretty sure it is crimped on. The injectors should come loose when you remove the bolts holding the fuel rail down by pulling up on the rail. Pay attention to your O rings, when reinstalling use a little Vaseline on the injector O rings to ease installation.

From infinity and beyond

alfie
09-16-2014, 02:19 PM
^^^ yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tinyrollinhigh
09-16-2014, 05:17 PM
I am getting ready to go do them right now I'll take a better pic thank you for the in put guys I'll follow the line back and see if they disconnect somewhere I'll let you guys know how it goes

tinyrollinhigh
09-16-2014, 09:48 PM
Well at least I got the right side injectors done I am doing the left tomorrow during cuz of my back I can only work for 10mins to 20mins at a time then I have to stop for a little bit anyways here is what they looked like when I pulled them one was pretty dirty

tinyrollinhigh
09-16-2014, 09:51 PM
The pic in the middle was the worse one only one port was open instead of four

RhinoZ24
09-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Definitely better performance for sure now!

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd, Nissan and Honda are the leftovers.

tinyrollinhigh
09-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Yep working on the left now found one that was completely clogged

----------

Wish I noticed last night the disconnect for the fuel rail is on the driver side and the line on my left side rail run to the right side rails and two line disconnect from the right rail

----------

so when I fired it up the truck was a bit shakie which its never done that

RhinoZ24
09-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Yep working on the left now found one that was completely clogged

----------

Wish I noticed last night the disconnect for the fuel rail is on the driver side and the line on my left side rail run to the right side rails and two line disconnect from the right rail

----------

so when I fired it up the truck was a bit shakie which its never done that

Did you let the system re-pressurize before you started it up, or did you just turn it over?

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd, Nissan and Honda are the leftovers.

tinyrollinhigh
09-18-2014, 01:35 AM
Turned the key on till I heard it pressurized then I turned it off and and turned it back on waited a few secs then started it it fired right up even firing up a half turn sooner then before it running like it's missing tomorrow I am going to check to see if everything sealed right

RhinoZ24
09-18-2014, 07:20 AM
Turned the key on till I heard it pressurized then I turned it off and and turned it back on waited a few secs then started it it fired right up even firing up a half turn sooner then before it running like it's missing tomorrow I am going to check to see if everything sealed right

Ok good, an yeah make sure all the injectors are seated properly and that all the connectors are on snugly.

tinyrollinhigh
09-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Going to triple check everything in a min

Ford Fan#1
09-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Humm I might need to do this Beacause my truck takes forever to start.. But the gas Milage is great. Idk if it needs injectors manually cleaned I've just put fuel system cleaner in the tank. But when I turn it on and let the dash lights go off then start it seems like it starts easier but DJ said it sounds like something to do with the fuel pump pressure... Idk

tinyrollinhigh
09-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Fixed it harness on the far back injector came off

----------

Humm I might need to do this Beacause my truck takes forever to start.. But the gas Milage is great. Idk if it needs injectors manually cleaned I've just put fuel system cleaner in the tank. But when I turn it on and let the dash lights go off then start it seems like it starts easier but DJ said it sounds like something to do with the fuel pump pressure... Idk

I run fuel systems cleaners in it about once a month and only run chevron gas in it and my injectors still looked like this I have 204500 on my truck still fires on first turn

Ford Fan#1
09-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Fixed it harness on the far back injector came off ---------- I run fuel systems cleaners in it about once a month and only run chevron gas in it and my injectors still looked like this I have 204500 on my truck still fires on first turn mine does too with 247,000 but it takes longer then normal to start and it has a rough fire but once it gets started it purrs like a walrus ( not literally )

tinyrollinhigh
09-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Mine was feeling like it was being held back a little

Ford Fan#1
09-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Mine was feeling like it was being held back a little ah. Then my injectors are all clean beacause mine gets 17 mpg and no problems other then the starting. Although it does seem confused to shift or not so it kinda jerks.

RhinoZ24
09-18-2014, 12:07 PM
Fixed it harness on the far back injector came off

----------

I run fuel systems cleaners in it about once a month and only run chevron gas in it and my injectors still looked like this I have 204500 on my truck still fires on first turn

Good to hear you fixed it! And yeah, mine's had a rough idle since I got it, it's gotten better since a new fuel filter, air filter, cleaned throttle body, and loads of fuel system cleaner and good gas. Only thing left is injectors and plugs/COP's. That will be this winter break hopefully.

tinyrollinhigh
09-18-2014, 01:02 PM
The #4 cylinder is a bit of a reach

----------

Thanks and good luck with ur tune up when u do it I did mine in march I still need to flush my trans I want to drop the pan but the last owner told that he was told that the Trans in that truck tends to start ****ing up if u change the filter so he never changed it he only flushed it so now I am not sure

RhinoZ24
09-18-2014, 04:53 PM
The #4 cylinder is a bit of a reach

----------

Thanks and good luck with ur tune up when u do it I did mine in march I still need to flush my trans I want to drop the pan but the last owner told that he was told that the Trans in that truck tends to start ****ing up if u change the filter so he never changed it he only flushed it so now I am not sure

I'd change it, if he's flushed it multiple times with the same filter that's a terrible idea. That thing is for sure clogged and that means any particulates or metal shaving are being thrown back into the gears in the Trans. That's never good.

Ford Fan#1
09-18-2014, 05:32 PM
I'd change it, if he's flushed it multiple times with the same filter that's a terrible idea. That thing is for sure clogged and that means any particulates or metal shaving are being thrown back into the gears in the Trans. That's never good. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd, Nissan and Honda are the leftovers. I would drop the pan. Don't flush it... That's not good. Oil and filter. And clean the magnets that's what I would do

RhinoZ24
09-18-2014, 10:53 PM
I would drop the pan. Don't flush it... That's not good. Oil and filter. And clean the magnets that's what I would do

Why would you not flush it? I don't get when people just change the filter and refill what's needed. Why leave the old fluid in there? Would you do that with your oil filter and not change the whole thing? Hell no. People complain about the older Ford transmissions being bad but it's because they don't maintain them and flush them on the 30,000 mile interval that's recommended. It cleans out the lines and the Trans cooler, keeps everything working well.

Ford Fan#1
09-19-2014, 04:14 AM
Why would you not flush it? I don't get when people just change the filter and refill what's needed. Why leave the old fluid in there? Would you do that with your oil filter and not change the whole thing? Hell no. People complain about the older Ford transmissions being bad but it's because they don't maintain them and flush them on the 30,000 mile interval that's recommended. It cleans out the lines and the Trans cooler, keeps everything working well. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd, Nissan and Honda are the leftovers. I've heard it will f crap up that's why but it really matters to the owner

RhinoZ24
09-19-2014, 05:05 AM
I've heard it will f crap up that's why but it really matters to the owner

It will if you do it wrong. So you heard right. But why would Ford recommend you to flush it at 30,000 miles with the vehicle still being under warranty in a lot of cases? They'd go bankrupt replacing transmissions if it did. Do it right and it'll keep your Trans cleaner and running like it should. That's why I took mine to a Ford dealership to get it done. Been well over a year and about 8K miles and no issues here.

Jersey_Joe
09-19-2014, 05:44 AM
It will if you do it wrong. So you heard right. But why would Ford recommend you to flush it at 30,000 miles with the vehicle still being under warranty in a lot of cases? They'd go bankrupt replacing transmissions if it did. Do it right and it'll keep your Trans cleaner and running like it should. That's why I took mine to a Ford dealership to get it done. Been well over a year and about 8K miles and no issues here. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd, Nissan and Honda are the leftovers.
30k. I thought it was 60

Ford Fan#1
09-19-2014, 06:18 AM
It will if you do it wrong. So you heard right. But why would Ford recommend you to flush it at 30,000 miles with the vehicle still being under warranty in a lot of cases? They'd go bankrupt replacing transmissions if it did. Do it right and it'll keep your Trans cleaner and running like it should. That's why I took mine to a Ford dealership to get it done. Been well over a year and about 8K miles and no issues here. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd, Nissan and Honda are the leftovers. it's mostly common in older transmissions I heard beacause of the metal shaving left over as for the newer ones don't have as much metal shavings ( yet )

RhinoZ24
09-19-2014, 02:23 PM
30k. I thought it was 60

For my truck, the owners manual says every 30K. Maybe they extended it with the current gen and new trans.

----------

it's mostly common in older transmissions I heard beacause of the metal shaving left over as for the newer ones don't have as much metal shavings ( yet )

The only way to remove those shavings would be to flush the system completely. Keeps all the shavings out of the trans, cooler, and lines.

tinyrollinhigh
09-20-2014, 04:11 AM
Mine is a 1999 4x4 iam the second owner the last owner told me last week when he came for a visit I got the truck from family anyways he said he was told that this trans was famous for going out after changing the filter so he always just flushed it it has 205000 shifts hard 1st to 2nd gear strated noticeing the rest of tge gears sometimes take longer then other times to shift oh and he always used amsoil fuilds in the truck the hole time he owned it

Donpauli2
05-07-2018, 10:39 PM

Those go over to the drivers side fuel injector lines. They come off as one unit with the shiny fuel rails

----------

They do? It looks like that bottom line goes straight to a fuel injector.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

The bottom tube does go to an injector. Follow the steel tubes to front and you will see it does a 180 bend. Part of the tube supplies fuel pressure the other side returns excess fuel to tank

----------

I am getting ready to go do them right now I'll take a better pic thank you for the in put guys I'll follow the line back and see if they disconnect somewhere I'll let you guys know how it goes

They disconnect on the drivers side close to the firewall

KamRoni
08-12-2019, 05:18 PM
just wondering how i go about removing the center panel on an NA dash the panel that runs right across the dash from vent to vent as mine is cracked and id like to replace it.