PDA

View Full Version : No power at full throtle.

darinbaisden
08-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Ok so first I'm new here and glad I found this board. Second I purchased a used 05 f150 5.4 that had some problems when I got it. I've went through the truck and replaced a ton of sensors. It had 38 codes when I got it! Also replaced the plugs and coil packs. As of right now the only codes I have left is air intake temp sensor and the intake manifold flap stuck open. The clip is missing and I have one on had I just dread taking the alternater and intake off. My truck is not missing now and drives smoth until you get into the throtle and it just seems like it's smothers out. No missing or anything. Just no power. Any ideas?

Jersey_Joe
08-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Is your throttle cable in the right spot?

----------

Welcome to the forum btw.

Ford Fan#1
08-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Ok so first I'm new here and glad I found this board. Second I purchased a used 05 f150 5.4 that had some problems when I got it. I've went through the truck and replaced a ton of sensors. It had 38 codes when I got it! Also replaced the plugs and coil packs. As of right now the only codes I have left is air intake temp sensor and the intake manifold flap stuck open. The clip is missing and I have one on had I just dread taking the alternater and intake off. My truck is not missing now and drives smoth until you get into the throtle and it just seems like it's smothers out. No missing or anything. Just no power. Any ideas?welcome to the forum. Any pictures you would like to share?

RhinoZ24
08-28-2014, 01:49 PM
Ok so first I'm new here and glad I found this board. Second I purchased a used 05 f150 5.4 that had some problems when I got it. I've went through the truck and replaced a ton of sensors. It had 38 codes when I got it! Also replaced the plugs and coil packs. As of right now the only codes I have left is air intake temp sensor and the intake manifold flap stuck open. The clip is missing and I have one on had I just dread taking the alternater and intake off. My truck is not missing now and drives smoth until you get into the throtle and it just seems like it's smothers out. No missing or anything. Just no power. Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you!! It seems kind of trivial but have you changed the fuel filter and air filter. Also check the air-intake tube and box for any leaves or other debris. Also put some fuel system cleaner in and you might want to think about cleaning the fuel injectors. Throttle body might be gummed up too, lots of things it could be, you just have to check and clean them.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows

darinbaisden
08-28-2014, 06:50 PM
The cable is ok. I have changed the air filter but haven't changed the fule filter because it looked like it had been changed but that will be one of my to do. Could the converters on the exhaust cause this? Here is the only pic I have right now. Also thanks for the responses so far. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/29/nery9u3u.jpg

Ford Fan#1
08-28-2014, 06:54 PM
The cable is ok. I have changed the air filter but haven't changed the fule filter because it looked like it had been changed but that will be one of my to do. Could the converters on the exhaust cause this? Here is the only pic I have right now. Also thanks for the responses so far. from your profile picture I could have sworn it was a 12th generation FX4

RhinoZ24
08-28-2014, 07:30 PM
The cable is ok. I have changed the air filter but haven't changed the fule filter because it looked like it had been changed but that will be one of my to do. Could the converters on the exhaust cause this? Here is the only pic I have right now. Also thanks for the responses so far.

Nice truck! And that's what we're here for. And the cats could cause it if they were severely clogged. How many miles on the truck?

darinbaisden
08-29-2014, 05:23 AM

5pointSlo
08-29-2014, 06:28 AM
I would highly doubt the cats are clogged unless the truck starts to die, cough when the truck gets warm due to not being able to breathe. The most likely cause is the imrc. Even though the code says open... It may be stuck closed. The runners alter the torque/HP curve throughout the rpm range. If one bank is breathing different than this other... You have problems. Its about a 2 hour job and its not too difficult if you have any mechanical abilities.

Jersey_Joe
08-29-2014, 08:22 AM
Ya know? I've never seen a clogged cat

Raptor05121
08-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Ya know? I've never seen a clogged cat

They suck. Mine died on me, I got 6mpg highway.

OP, throwing and CELs?

darinbaisden
08-29-2014, 06:59 PM
I think you guys are right because it never gets worse. I've had the intake off before to change the knock sensor so I can handle the job. Just dread it. By the way the pic below is def me lol. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/30/qe6u3apa.jpg

Jersey_Joe
08-29-2014, 07:03 PM
Haha

RhinoZ24
08-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Lmao