PDA

View Full Version : Identify help

Jfuhr83
08-05-2014, 08:59 PM
So we thought we labeled pretty good when we took the old engine out, but...
Its a 97 4.6 W digit and here are the last 3 things before the radiator goes in and I'm scratching my head
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/06/eqavude3.jpg
This connector. Has to go somewhere around power steering pump. There are two connectors that y off the harness before the coil pack the one at the very end of the wire goes just under power steering pump but I cant find anything to put this to
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/06/gy6y6abu.jpg
This hose comes from upper firewall the hose next to it goes to a metal tube cumming up from rear passenger side intake manifold
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/06/e5ebuduh.jpg
And this tube with connector, goes down behind engine and I loose sight of it heading toward rear of truck...
I'm hoping to finally finish her up tomorrow so any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
John

Jfuhr83
08-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Anybody? Bout ready to start it other than that stuff

RhinoZ24
08-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Anybody? Bout ready to start it other than that stuff

I'd like to help and look at my own engine, but unfortunately the years are too far apart between '05 and '97. They change things up in the engine, wiring, hoses, intake tubes too much even though it's the same engine basically. If you have a friend with a similar 4.6L ask him if you can check out his engine and see if that helps. Sorry I can't really be of much use.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows

Jersey_Joe
08-06-2014, 06:37 PM
I deaply apologize for not being able to assist. I had a very different 4.6. I'm sure once the professor or mr 5.slow pop on they will know just what it is. Two gifted individuals right there. They'll b around

pockets
08-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Shoot my engines different but I had a wire like that. It doesn't go to anything though its just some weird extra wire. I don't know if that's the case with yours though. Sorry

Jfuhr83
08-07-2014, 04:42 PM
We fiured out the hoses and determined the wire went nowhere. Thanks though

pockets
08-07-2014, 09:00 PM
So you have the nowhere wire too

RhinoZ24
08-07-2014, 09:21 PM
So you have the nowhere wire too

I have that one too...

----------

We fiured out the hoses and determined the wire went nowhere. Thanks though

So how does it run then? Just like new?

Jfuhr83
08-12-2014, 01:30 PM
I have that one too...

----------

So how does it run then? Just like new?

Minor hiccup, aparently the AC compressor that was half **** before locked up while it was sitting. She tried to run but about smoked the belt in the process.
So I started pulling that back out, was pretty sure I had no refrigerant, but I pushed the needle valve and holy **** I do... so my next question. How bad is it to just release a bunch of, what I assume is, RJ134a.
A) no big deal
B) let it out but have good ventilation
C) ...... I don't have a c but I'm open to suggestions

But as soon as I get the compressor swapped out...... vroom vroom. I'm excited. Almost double now. Never had a vehicle with working A/C.....

Ford Fan#1
08-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Minor hiccup, aparently the AC compressor that was half **** before locked up while it was sitting. She tried to run but about smoked the belt in the process. So I started pulling that back out, was pretty sure I had no refrigerant, but I pushed the needle valve and holy **** I do... so my next question. How bad is it to just release a bunch of, what I assume is, RJ134a. A) no big deal B) let it out but have good ventilation C) ...... I don't have a c but I'm open to suggestions But as soon as I get the compressor swapped out...... vroom vroom. I'm excited. Almost double now. Never had a vehicle with working A/C.....same thing happened to me. But it randomly locked on me but it was noisy before it went

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App

Jfuhr83
08-12-2014, 05:26 PM
It was noisy as hell when I bought it...

Ford Fan#1
08-12-2014, 07:02 PM
It was noisy as hell when I bought it...i know how that is... The compressor locked and I read on another forum to floor it and turn the key then let off when it turns.. Ate the belt and snapped the belt tensioner and hit one of the AC lines ( just found out after all of the refrigerant escaped ) costed me $1,200 a month or 2 after I paid for the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App

5pointSlo
08-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Your answer is a. Just don't get caught lol. Sorry I wasn't on sooner.