PDA

View Full Version : Driver's Window Grinding Noise

RhinoZ24
07-21-2014, 12:23 AM
I guess this is the place for this lol. But anyways the last 2 days my driver's side window has sounded like it is grinding on either rocks or metal when I roll it up or down. It got a little stuck today but I got it to roll up. I'm afraid to use it now in fear that it'll be stuck down. I checked the side wells for any debris and didn't see any. I'm thinking it's the lifting mechanism behind the door panel though. Any thoughts before I start tearing my door apart?

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows

Jersey_Joe
07-21-2014, 04:04 AM
Sounds like the motor is going bud

RhinoZ24
07-21-2014, 05:01 AM
That's my worst fear, I hope not.

RhinoZ24
07-21-2014, 02:04 PM
The motor sounds ok and like it is working fine. It sounds like the tracks for the window or the lifting arms are jamming up. Any ideas? Also it makes a loud pop when I roll it down sometimes, but it's been doing that for a long while if that info helps any.

Jersey_Joe
07-21-2014, 02:08 PM
Sounds like it's either of the track or the lifting arm is jacked up. It happins

RhinoZ24
07-21-2014, 03:02 PM
So I should take it to a shop then? I have no idea how that stuff works and am not gunna break it more trying to fix it lmao.

Jersey_Joe
07-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Ahhh. U can't do it. If u wanna spend the money. But if ur gonna b an engineer. Read your Haines manual. And fix it urself and save urself the $$

RhinoZ24
07-21-2014, 03:47 PM
I don't have time to read anymore lol. My hours keep going up. I'm at about 60 now, I almost know what you were going through a few months ago, at least the lack of sleep and spare time part lol. But I'll see if I can find anything.

dchawk81
07-21-2014, 04:36 PM
In the winter, ice made my window stick and then the motor pulled the glass off the track and bent the track up. Maybe you have a similar problem.

I took the door panel off and had it fixed in about an hour.

Ford Fan#1
07-21-2014, 06:29 PM
In the winter, ice made my window stick and then the motor pulled the glass off the track and bent the track up. Maybe you have a similar problem. I took the door panel off and had it fixed in about an hour.he lives in California so it's probably not ice haha

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App

dchawk81
07-21-2014, 06:42 PM
he lives in California so it's probably not ice haha

Lol coulda been Vanilla Ice.

Jersey_Joe
07-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Lol

dchawk81
07-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Too cold. Too cold!

RhinoZ24
07-21-2014, 09:33 PM
In the winter, ice made my window stick and then the motor pulled the glass off the track and bent the track up. Maybe you have a similar problem.

I took the door panel off and had it fixed in about an hour.

Yeah it's definitely not ice lol. I'll have to wait until the weekend when I hopefully get time to do it.

dchawk81
07-21-2014, 10:40 PM
Yeah it's definitely not ice lol. I'll have to wait until the weekend when I hopefully get time to do it.

Lol I know it isn't actually ice that caused it. The point is the glass might be off track.

RhinoZ24
07-22-2014, 12:15 AM
Maybe, I'm just tired of taking off the door panels. I did it like 10 times just to get my speakers to fit right and not rattle, hopefully it's an easy fix.

alfie
07-22-2014, 12:22 AM
Your best bet is to remove the panel and see .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dchawk81
07-22-2014, 01:07 AM
I'll take that problematic POS off your hands for the right price, bro. :D

EDIT: Nevermind. I forgot it's only a 4.6. Deal breaker. :p

RhinoZ24
07-22-2014, 05:03 AM
It's not a POS, it's a Ford. I intend to keep it lol. Just needs some minor work.

----------

Your best bet is to remove the panel and see .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do on Friday hopefully.

dchawk81
07-22-2014, 05:07 AM
It's not a POS, it's a Ford. I intend to keep it lol. Just needs some minor work.

Naw man it's worthless! Tree fitty, tops!

----------

I just wanted to say "tree fitty"...

Anyway. It's WAY nicer than what I got. Except my window doesn't grind. :-D

RhinoZ24
07-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Naw man it's worthless! Tree fitty, tops!

----------

I just wanted to say "tree fitty"...

Anyway. It's WAY nicer than what I got. Except my window doesn't grind. :-D

Lol

RhinoZ24
07-23-2014, 02:44 PM
Well my dumb*** forgot about the window while leaving work, rolled it halfway down, remembered, tried to roll it up, and...nothing. So it's at the shop now, they said its probably the regulator and quoted me about $250-$350. Since I don't have any spare time to do it myself because of work and I need my window to roll up, that's my only choice. It's karma for making fun of my sister for complaining about spending money on vehicles when her Turdra's alternator died last week. So that's that, hopefully they finish it tomorrow.

----------

Just got the estimate, $303 for parts and labor. Yay!! Not...

Jersey_Joe
07-23-2014, 03:11 PM
Karma sucks. Lol. I have to take mine back in too. It's doin that tranny thing again. I hope they don't try the song and dance and tell me it's normal again. Or I'm gonna yank the guy over the desk fer sure. Tired of excuses. But hey at least ur window will b fixed. It happins

Ford Fan#1
07-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Karma sucks. Lol. I have to take mine back in too. It's doin that tranny thing again. I hope they don't try the song and dance and tell me it's normal again. Or I'm gonna yank the guy over the desk fer sure. Tired of excuses. But hey at least ur window will b fixed. It happinsthat sucks buddy it's doing it again? How long ago was it corrected?

Jersey_Joe
07-23-2014, 03:34 PM
2 months

----------

If they don't fix it. I'm gonna fix it and charge them lol

Ford Fan#1
07-23-2014, 03:37 PM
2 months ---------- If they don't fix it. I'm gonna fix it and charge them lolhaha

RhinoZ24
07-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Karma sucks. Lol. I have to take mine back in too. It's doin that tranny thing again. I hope they don't try the song and dance and tell me it's normal again. Or I'm gonna yank the guy over the desk fer sure. Tired of excuses. But hey at least ur window will b fixed. It happins

Find a better dealership lol, one nice thing about SoCal, there's like 50 billion Ford dealerships within a 25 mile radius of me haha. And yeah it does.

----------

2 months

----------

If they don't fix it. I'm gonna fix it and charge them lol

Lmao

Ford Fan#1
07-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Find a better dealership lol, one nice thing about SoCal, there's like 50 billion Ford dealerships within a 25 mile radius of me haha. And yeah it does. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows ---------- Lmao Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallowshaha I only have one the rest are more then 20 miles away

Jersey_Joe
07-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Find a better dealership lol, one nice thing about SoCal, there's like 50 billion Ford dealerships within a 25 mile radius of me haha. And yeah it does. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows ---------- Lmao Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows
I did. I'm taking it back to that one lol

dchawk81
07-23-2014, 07:19 PM
I'll fix your window for $302.

RhinoZ24
07-23-2014, 09:37 PM
I did. I'm taking it back to that one lol

Good idea. If you're ever in SoCal, go to Caruso Ford in Long Beach. Best service, staff, and prices I've seen and experienced.

----------

I'll fix your window for $302.

Plus gas...lol

dchawk81
07-24-2014, 12:06 AM
Good idea. If you're ever in SoCal, go to Caruso Ford in Long Beach. Best service, staff, and prices I've seen and experienced.

----------

Plus gas...lol

Too far to drive. I don't expect a fancy one; a plane ticket will do.