PDA

View Full Version : not getting gas?

rev_ed
06-23-2014, 02:30 PM
Well I have everything hooked up on the new engine. (I think). But now it won't start, im guessing its not getting gas. The filter may be stopped up or the lines. The pump might be bad or I might be missing a plug somewhere or one of the fuses might be blown, but i don't know which fuse is for the fuel pump and I don't have the owners manual. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Raptor05121
06-23-2014, 05:03 PM
What engine do you have? 4.6L V8? Pratt and Whitney R-1800? Space Shuttle rocket?

Porkchop122873
06-23-2014, 08:39 PM
What engine do you have? 4.6L V8? Pratt and Whitney R-1800? Space Shuttle rocket?

Lol

I ate my twin in the womb.

----------

Well I have everything hooked up on the new engine. (I think). But now it won't start, im guessing its not getting gas. The filter may be stopped up or the lines. The pump might be bad or I might be missing a plug somewhere or one of the fuses might be blown, but i don't know which fuse is for the fuel pump and I don't have the owners manual. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Give Raptor all the details..........engine will be fired up in no time, or at least you will know where to start. Good luck bud

I ate my twin in the womb.

RhinoZ24
06-23-2014, 09:39 PM
You can download the owners manual from Ford.com for free just enter your VIN # and it'll give you your owners manual. And I'd also recommend buying a Hayne's manual.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows

rev_ed
06-24-2014, 08:39 PM
4.6l v8. The pump is not turning on when I turn the switch on. I have check the pump relay and fuse. And the fuel shut off switch. I also looked at the fuel pump module, but it looked fine. I'm just out of ideas. I don't see how the pump could have gone bad just sitting, cause it worked when we parked it last year.

----------

You can download the owners manual form Ford.com for free just enter your VIN # and it'll give you your owners manual. And I'd also recommend buying a Hayne's manual.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows

I downloaded one earlier. Thanks

dchawk81
07-22-2014, 10:46 PM
4.6l v8. The pump is not turning on when I turn the switch on. I have check the pump relay and fuse. And the fuel shut off switch. I also looked at the fuel pump module, but it looked fine. I'm just out of ideas. I don't see how the pump could have gone bad just sitting, cause it worked when we parked it last year.

----------

I downloaded one earlier. Thanks

My Ford Contour pump went bad randomly one day when I pulled into a gas station for a coffee. Everything was cool when I parked it. Shut it off as any other day. Went in and got my java. Came back out and bam. Nothin'.

Pumps don't seem to give any warning.

alfie
07-25-2014, 09:55 PM
Best to check power to the pump. Or at least out of the module. If power is there them it's the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk