PDA

View Full Version : On going brake issue!!!

joshpickworth
06-21-2014, 11:13 AM
So I wrecked my truck a little over a year and a half ago, hit the drivers side front end into a ditch, they had to do a total frame swap, replaced the rim, lower control arm, strut and bumper, well ever since then my driver side front brake rotor keeps getting warped or burned up, about 3 months after the crash I replaced both front rotors, and put ceramic pads on, couple months later....I tear apart the brakes to find drivers rotor warped, decided to replace caliper, brake rubber line, rotor, and went with the wear ever holds instead of ceramics, few months later....hub bearing goes, same side, replaced it, end up replacicing rotor and pads again!!! I don't know what my next step is, cash is kinda tight but I can't keep throwing rotors at it....I was wondering if the lines weren't bled right at the dealership when they did frame swap could affect it? Could it be an abs issue? Or like a proportion valve??? There's 148??? And I got this truck with 98??? I was even wondering if the caliper mounting bracket could be slightly bent? The steering knuckle? Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance!!!

masonic
06-22-2014, 01:29 AM
Your rotor is probably not sitting correctly on the hub, you need to have it aligned would be my guess. Lateral runout. ---------- Also I have bent the calliper out before and all that does is try to turn the rotor into a knife blade.

joshpickworth
06-22-2014, 07:40 AM
What do you mean have it aligned

Jersey_Joe
06-22-2014, 09:30 AM
What do you mean have it aligned
He means take it to an alignment shop and have all 4 wheels aligned May be the root of your problem

joshpickworth
06-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Man I sure hope so, I'm getting tires real soon, so I'll just wait til then, prob wouldn't hurt to have all four calipers bled

masonic
06-22-2014, 09:45 PM
http://youtu.be/6SbWB2CNqio

joshpickworth
06-23-2014, 05:53 AM
Guess I'm not using advanced auto rotors anymore, can't imagine how outa wack there's are!!!