PDA

View Full Version : Coils!

dchawk81
06-05-2014, 10:09 PM
I just thought I'd start this thread to celebrate the first coil replacement under my ownership.

When it went I went from mad to proud. I am now* one of you.

:-P :-D

*Okay so technically it was last week, but still.

RhinoZ24
06-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Uh, welcome to the club I guess? Lol

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows

dchawk81
06-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Thank you, thank you. *takes a bow*

I'd like to thank my friends, my family, Autozone, Kobalt Tools, Lowe's, Duralast, and most of all...Furd.

I lost $45 but I gained a couple empee geez. So it's all good.

RhinoZ24
06-06-2014, 12:31 AM
Thank you, thank you. *takes a bow*

I'd like to thank my friends, my family, Autozone, Kobalt Tools, Lowe's, Duralast, and most of all...Furd.

I lost $45 but I gained a couple empee geez. So it's all good.

Lol I think I might finally get around to changing my plugs and COP's this summer. But then again I've been saying that since before last summer haha.

dchawk81
06-06-2014, 03:15 AM
I just did the one. Others were replaced by previous owners but I'm not sure which ones. The plugs have less than 7,000 on them per previous owner.

This COP took me by surprise and I needed the vehicle the next day so I overpaid Autozone but then I went on Amazon and ordered übergeneric COPs in an 8 pack for $52 for the future. I'm not going to replace them until they actually fail though. I'll keep them in the truck.

RhinoZ24
06-06-2014, 10:10 AM
I just did the one. Others were replaced by previous owners but I'm not sure which ones. The plugs have less than 7,000 on them per previous owner.

This COP took me by surprise and I needed the vehicle the next day so I overpaid Autozone but then I went on Amazon and ordered übergeneric COPs in an 8 pack for $52 for the future. I'm not going to replace them until they actually fail though. I'll keep them in the truck.

Good idea and at least the plugs are done already, that's the hard part lol.

dchawk81
06-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Good idea and at least the plugs are done already, that's the hard part lol.

Hah indeed. And then I pop the hood of the wagon..four plugs staring me in the face. Easy peasy nice & squeezy.

RhinoZ24
06-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Hah indeed. And then I pop the hood of the wagon..four plugs staring me in the face. Easy peasy nice & squeezy.

If only it was like that on my truck so I wouldn't need 50,000 extensions and a contortionist to reach the rear-most ones lol.

RexReid
06-06-2014, 07:44 PM
If only it was like that on my truck so I wouldn't need 50,000 extensions and a contortionist to reach the rear-most ones lol.

I'll send you some cheeeeeeeeeeeese to go with that whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

dchawk81
06-06-2014, 08:44 PM
^ :D

----------

I'm not looking forward to the rear ones myself...

RhinoZ24
06-07-2014, 12:42 AM
I'll send you some cheeeeeeeeeeeese to go with that whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Lol I'm pretty hungry so please send it lol.

----------

^ :D

----------

I'm not looking forward to the rear ones myself...

Nope, I might just change the front 6 and hope the 2 rear ones last until I get a new truck in like 5 years lmao jk.

Jersey_Joe
06-07-2014, 07:10 AM
Lol I'm pretty hungry so please send it lol. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows ---------- Nope, I might just change the front 6 and hope the 2 rear ones last until I get a new truck in like 5 years lmao jk. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows
Could r easy. U can get the rear ones with no prob

----------

Coils not coukd

btoolguy1
06-07-2014, 07:18 AM
Rears ones not too bad to get to. Its doable since un know how they come out and what it feels like when they seat properly from doing the front 6.

RhinoZ24
06-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Could r easy. U can get the rear ones with no prob

----------

Coils not coukd

I know that I'm talking plugs lol.

----------

Rears ones not too bad to get to. Its doable since un know how they come out and what it feels like when they seat properly from doing the front 6.

Yeah it's just the thought of trying to reach the rear ones. Especially the driver side rear one in the '05 4.6L the EGR line runs right on top of it.

Jersey_Joe
06-07-2014, 07:26 PM
I know that I'm talking plugs lol. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows ---------- Yeah it's just the thought of trying to reach the rear ones. Especially the driver side rear one in the '05 4.6L the EGR line runs right on top of it. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows
Piece of cake

RexReid
06-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Rhino,

Did you get the wine and cheese. It is on the way if not. The wine is in a sippy cup so you don't spill it....enjoy.

RhinoZ24
06-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Rhino,

Did you get the wine and cheese. It is on the way if not. The wine is in a sippy cup so you don't spill it....enjoy.

Lmao I'm still waiting