PDA

View Full Version : exhaust manifold gasket replacement

tinyrollinhigh
05-28-2014, 12:24 AM
Hey guys how you been well starting my next fix on my truck she hit 200,000 still runs like new but the tick that ****in tick anyways is there any easy way to access my manifolds from the side or something it's a 99 F 150 v8 4.6L 4x4 all stock thanks

djfllmn
05-28-2014, 06:59 AM
go through the wheel well...and replace the manifold too...oh and get the drilling template

tinyrollinhigh
07-09-2014, 01:29 AM
Well I got the left ones done do to a recent injury at work I have to wait to do the other side when I am better any ways I was lucky and all my studs came out easy not so lucky with the egr tube only the nut rusted away and the tube was fine got a lot of power back but still got to do right side oh and my heatercore just went out flushed the radiator and did a bypass and now it running smoother then ever if only it got better gas these doc appointments are turning into 120 mile or more trips

RhinoZ24
07-09-2014, 05:03 AM
Well I got the left ones done do to a recent injury at work I have to wait to do the other side when I am better any ways I was lucky and all my studs came out easy not so lucky with the egr tube only the nut rusted away and the tube was fine got a lot of power back but still got to do right side oh and my heatercore just went out flushed the radiator and did a bypass and now it running smoother then ever if only it got better gas these doc appointments are turning into 120 mile or more trips

Sorry to hear about the injury, are you ok? And that's good to hear your repairs are working and it's getting better.

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows

tinyrollinhigh
07-10-2014, 06:07 AM
I would be better by now if it wasn't for workmens comp taking so long going crazy siting at home not knowing what's wrong yet

RhinoZ24
07-10-2014, 01:54 PM
I would be better by now if it wasn't for workmens comp taking so long going crazy siting at home not knowing what's wrong yet

They're never fast. I remember when my dad was on it awhile back. Took weeks for it to be processed. Hopefully yours gets taken care of so you can get better soon!

tinyrollinhigh
07-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Hell I got hurt back in April didn't get seen until June 18 and that was a **** nightmare of a doctor's visit got a MRI on the 30th and they MRI the wrong part of my deck and the doctor only if you ever 45 days and f*** I feel like if I went to the hospital I can get this taken care off sooner **** when I had my appointment on the 18th I had a 9am appointment I got there at 9am didn't get seen till 11:45 then I talked to him for probably 3 minutes and then had to wait until 2:30 for one piece of paper and then I could go home after that and that's not all got my MRI in a semi trailer in the back of parking lot

RhinoZ24
07-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Hell I got hurt back in April didn't get seen until June 18 and that was a **** nightmare of a doctor's visit got a MRI on the 30th and they MRI the wrong part of my deck and the doctor only if you ever 45 days and f*** I feel like if I went to the hospital I can get this taken care off sooner **** when I had my appointment on the 18th I had a 9am appointment I got there at 9am didn't get seen till 11:45 then I talked to him for probably 3 minutes and then had to wait until 2:30 for one piece of paper and then I could go home after that and that's not all got my MRI in a semi trailer in the back of parking lot

What a cluster f*** that is. That really does suck brother. I'd be raising hell with the company if I were you, especially their medical insurance company too.