PDA

View Full Version : Sync with My Ford

Dan the man P 90
05-16-2014, 12:49 AM
Hi everyone!!! I just bought a 2014 F-150 XLT Supercrew and I was how much can be done with the sync feature using an iPhone 5 which has been connected through Bluetooth

Ford Fan#1
05-16-2014, 05:39 AM
Hi everyone!!! I just bought a 2014 F-150 XLT Supercrew and I was how much can be done with the sync feature using an iPhone 5 which has been connected through Bluetoothcall text ( not too sure on how the texting works on there ) you can play your music from the phone ( not sure if you have to have my ford touch )

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App

Dan the man P 90
05-16-2014, 07:49 AM
call text ( not too sure on how the texting works on there ) you can play your music from the phone ( not sure if you have to have my ford touch )

What else do I have to do to set up everything?

Ford Fan#1
05-16-2014, 08:20 AM
What else do I have to do to set up everything?im not sure about the xlt's set up my mom has the new explorer limited so I just know about the my ford touch

Jersey_Joe
05-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Hey bud welcome to the forum. I also have a new 14' xlt screw. Make sure your phone is synced with the truck. After that. All u have to do is hit the media button located in your steering wheel and u can do anything your iPhone 5 can do. Text, call, siri, play music. Have u paired them yet?

Ford Fan#1
05-16-2014, 01:12 PM
Hey bud welcome to the forum. I also have a new 14' xlt screw. Make sure your phone is synced with the truck. After that. All u have to do is hit the media button located in your steering wheel and u can do anything your iPhone 5 can do. Text, call, siri, play music. Have u paired them yet?siri? I gotta try that on my moms explorer

Jersey_Joe
05-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Works in my trick

----------

Even sets my cruise control lol

----------

Truck. Rrrrrrrrrrr lol

Ford Fan#1
05-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Works in my trick ---------- Even sets my cruise control lol ---------- Truck. Rrrrrrrrrrr lol. It sets the cruise control?

Dan the man P 90
05-16-2014, 07:57 PM
Thanks Joe!!! Yes I have paired my phone with my truck,downloaded my phone book and have used the Bluetooth for calls but that is all I have done so far.. How does texting work? I've been told their is a audible tone then you hit the phone button and your incoming text is read out loud to you?? How do you reply? Just speak and a message is created? What do I need to plug the phone into the truck via. The USB cable and line in jack for?