PDA

View Full Version : Major Electrical Issues 2009 King Ranch

acl49
05-14-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm new to this forum in hopes that someone can shed some light on issues that has seemed to stump the local dealership (not too impressed with them anyway and this didnt help). I have a 2009 F150 King Ranch I bought used. One day as I was driving down the road (still under warranty at this time), simultaneously the parking brake light, traction control, and flat tire light pop on. My A/C continues to blow but it is just the hot muggy air from outside (I live in Mississippi so you can understand where my concern is coming from) and when I turn my blinkers on they work on the outside but not the inside (no clicking noise or flashing light). My heated and cooled seats also stop working (tried using the cooled to stop sweating after A/C stopped working). I also find out later that my reverse cam doesnt show and at night dash light dont come on. Radio still and GPS still works fine. There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason behind it. It will happen sometimes for a few minutes then work again or it may go back and forth 10 times in one day or it may go three months with no issues. Right now i'm on a three day stretch of it not working and have to do something. I did manage to get it in the dealership while it wasnt working and they hooked it up to the computer and couldnt find any issues. Cleaned some things behind the dash and it started working again (of course it could have done that all on its own). Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jersey_Joe
05-14-2014, 04:36 PM
Check ur vin# history. Sounds like water damage. That's when everything goes nuts. Not sayin it is. Just happined to a friend after hurricane sandy. Same thing. Just went nuts

5pointSlo
05-15-2014, 11:00 AM
This sounds like a body control module issue to me. All of those thing are controlled by it. Possible corrosion in the connector or a loose pin. Possible failed bcm. The technician should be able to look at this through the data link

Jersey_Joe
05-16-2014, 01:49 PM
This sounds like a body control module issue to me. All of those thing are controlled by it. Possible corrosion in the connector or a loose pin. Possible failed bcm. The technician should be able to look at this through the data link
Slo. U really know ur ish. I did a really good job with my Shelby. I think I'd like to bring it to u and get some input. I could send u all the components lists. But u really don't get it till u drive it. How far am I drivin?

----------

Lol

5pointSlo
05-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Slo. U really know ur ish. I did a really good job with my Shelby. I think I'd like to bring it to u and get some input. I could send u all the components lists. But u really don't get it till u drive it. How far am I drivin?

----------

Lol

I'm in diamond Ohio. And thanks Joe I would be happy to give you some input.

Ford Fan#1
05-16-2014, 07:30 PM
I'm in diamond Ohio. And thanks Joe I would be happy to give you some input.if you go stop by Mooresville I want to see your Shelby! :)

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App