PDA

View Full Version : Dip and dream truck

olehammy
04-07-2014, 07:45 PM
What's y'all's favorite dip and dream truck

streakerok
04-08-2014, 06:23 AM
I would have to say stokers long cut wintergreen. Truck would be my dads 78 f350 its got 500hp BMW motor out of a old Budweiser delivery truck with a five way Dana gear splicer and a five speed trans.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

RhinoZ24
04-08-2014, 07:18 AM
I would have to say stokers long cut wintergreen. Truck would be my dads 78 f350 its got 500hp BMW motor out of a old Budweiser delivery truck with a five way Dana gear splicer and a five speed trans.

That' sounds pretty cool, post some pics of that thing!

judaspriest75
04-08-2014, 11:58 AM
I would have to say stokers long cut wintergreen. Truck would be my dads 78 f350 its got 500hp BMW motor out of a old Budweiser delivery truck with a five way Dana gear splicer and a five speed trans. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalklmao the very first time I heard of stokers I though it meant cigarettes haha but mine would be Copenhagen straight long cut and a 1977 f250 4x4 dropping a cummins in it with a Chevy tranny but that wouldn't work probably haha

streakerok
04-08-2014, 12:42 PM
That' sounds pretty cool, post some pics of that thing!

Next time I go to see him I'll snap some.

RhinoZ24
04-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Next time I go to see him I'll snap some.

Awesome!

----------

lmao the very first time I heard of stokers I though it meant cigarettes haha but mine would be Copenhagen straight long cut and a 1977 f250 4x4 dropping a cummins in it with a Chevy tranny but that wouldn't work probably haha

Why would you put a s***ty transmission on a truck like that? Lol, the current Torqshift on the Superduty blows the Allison transmissions that Chevy and GMC use out of the water, not to mention the Torqshift is used on a Powerstroke engine that has much more HP and Torque (similar to that of the current Cummins) than the Duramax and what the Allison is handling.

5pointSlo
04-11-2014, 07:42 AM
I'm a grizzly wintergreen guy myself. And I gotta say, I would be more than happy with a black ops.

joshpickworth
04-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Awesome! ---------- Why would you put a s***ty transmission on a truck like that? Lol, the current Torqshift on the Superduty blows the Allison transmissions that Chevy and GMC use out of the water, not to mention the Torqshift is used on a Powerstroke engine that has much more HP and Torque (similar to that of the current Cummins) than the Duramax and what the Allison is handling.
Allison's are good transmissions if you bullet proof em, and from what I've read and been told last longer with a motor over 1000 hp, if you got cash you can make anything better, I will say though in most the tractor and truck pulls I've been too there using duramaxs and cummins more than power strokes, see a lot of fords with cummins but have only seen one f350 with a cummins and Allison combo, had a 12 inch lift, if I built a diesel it'd be a97 f350 with a John Deere inline 6.6L with an Allison trans

RhinoZ24
04-11-2014, 02:54 PM
It's funny that they use Durrrrramaxes more than Powerstrokes because the Powerstroke currently and in most cases, has more HP and torque compared to that crappy import diesel named after tampons lol.