PDA

View Full Version : Any way to find out gear ratio?

asav9894
12-09-2012, 02:03 PM
I got a 1994 F150 with the old 4.9 liter. I plab on doing some towing and wanna know my gear ratio. Is there any way to find that out?

RhinoZ24
12-09-2012, 07:45 PM
On the door sticker, driver side door, it'll give you a bunch of information like the trucks GVWR, and tire and load info. Towards the bottom, there should be a bunch of codes for stuff like paint and interior color and other crap, down there should also be an axel code, abbreviated something like AXL or something, and then it'll have a number or a letter number combo. Look up that code online and it'll tell you your axle ratio. For instance, my axle code is 19, looked it up and on another forum found an axle chart from Ford and found out I have a 3.55 Non-limited slip gear ratio. Hope this helps.

asav9894
12-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I'll check it out man, thank you!

RhinoZ24
12-10-2012, 05:33 PM
No problem.

91fordpower
06-18-2013, 01:12 PM
On the door sticker, driver side door, it'll give you a bunch of information like the trucks GVWR, and tire and load info. Towards the bottom, there should be a bunch of codes for stuff like paint and interior color and other crap, down there should also be an axel code, abbreviated something like AXL or something, and then it'll have a number or a letter number combo. Look up that code online and it'll tell you your axle ratio. For instance, my axle code is 19, looked it up and on another forum found an axle chart from Ford and found out I have a 3.55 Non-limited slip gear ratio. Hope this helps.

Question for you mine has an n so it's 19n what does that mean same thing?

RhinoZ24
06-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Question for you mine has an n so it's 19n what does that mean same thing?

No, mine is an '05. It's definitely different. Idk what the n stands for. Just google it and it'll tell you what you have.