PDA

View Full Version : Front Suspension 2004-2008

BURNSY
01-16-2012, 08:07 AM
So I have a 2wd with a leveling kit in front, and 3" rear blocks. I have been looking at ways to lift the front higher to make it level with the rear. All I am able to come up with is coil-overs that will run me around $1000 to have installed. That is WAAAAYYYYYY more than I am wanting to spend. What exactly is the difference maker in the 2wd compared to the same year 4wd? Could I not just get salvage yard parts (spindles or something), that I can swap for the lift in the front?

kozal01
01-16-2012, 03:27 PM
How much lift do you have in the front already? I'm not that familiar with the 2WD but i think the suspension is the same. I assume you already have leveling spacers up front, to get any more out of the front without an actual lift kit you would need to have longer coil overs. The problem would be that you would be extending the suspension to its limit, you would have some extreme angles going on in you suspension and it will ride terribly with little to no down travel. If you really want it to sit level I would lower the back a bit or pony up to a full suspension lift kit.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BURNSY
01-16-2012, 03:37 PM
I have the 2 1/2 in leveling kit. I have taken the rear blocks out. but do not like it lowered. What about stock 4wd coilovers?

kozal01
01-16-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure if there is a difference but even if there was it still isn't going to help you. Sure you might get more lift in the front but it won't alleviate the issues I listed above. You can only lift the front so much with spacers and springs before your suspension geometry is so out of whack that it no longer works properly.

BURNSY
01-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I had a Jeep that ended up getting "deathwobble" and it was horrible.

kozal01
01-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Have you thought about maybe doing a body lift? You would get more hight and then you could lower the back some to level it.

BURNSY
01-17-2012, 12:23 PM
That's a pretty good idea actually.

rangerwheelinmike
01-22-2012, 11:33 PM
if you get to much angle in the front a arms you will eat up ball joints and tie rod ends i went threw that with my ranger

BURNSY
01-23-2012, 07:12 AM
That would not be good. What else would need changed then? One place told me I could get aftermarket adjustable coil-overs. I assume it is not that simple?

rangerwheelinmike
01-24-2012, 12:12 AM
You would need a lift l
Kit to drop the a arms down

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4g using Tapatalk

BURNSY
01-24-2012, 06:52 AM
I am getting that feeling. I was hoping that there was a workaround, as opposed to spending a ton of money for it.