PDA

View Full Version : Trailer brake controler

ScottXLT
03-16-2014, 07:39 AM
I just bought a travel trailer and need a brake controller for 2013 F 150 with the tow package. It didn't come with one. I would like to put the ford one in. Is the stock ford brake controller any good?. Does it actually control trailer sway?

Jersey_Joe
03-16-2014, 08:10 AM
It doesn't work too bad. I haven't had a prob. Haven't done a big heavy trip yet to give u the real answer your looking for bit I don't suspect any probs.

alfie
03-16-2014, 09:31 AM
They are pretty good. There may be better ones in the market but I love OEM look. U will also need to have the instrument re calibrated and have the personality feature turned on( if I'm not mistake) as I have installed OEM ones on diesels and we just update the IC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottXLT
03-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Correct once installed it has to be turned on at the ford dealership. The module isn't cheap. I can get an after market one for the half price. However I think I lose the anti sway and ABS braking with an after market unit.

dchawk81
05-27-2014, 05:22 PM
My Curt Triflex supports ABS and cruise. Haven't tried it but it's installed. Wasn't very expensive.

Brandonf150xlt
12-12-2016, 08:28 PM
I have a 2013 F150 that seems to have the standard row package(trailer away control, hitch receiver, tow/haul option, and 4 pin connector). I am going to be towing a trailer with electric brakes on it in the next month and already know I had to buy a brake controller. So I installed the controller in the cab and hooked it up to the plug under the dash, but when I went to go hook up the 7 pin connection in the rear, I couldn't find the extra cables to power the brakes. Would I need to run extra cables? Or splice into other cables in the rear? And if I do need to run a new cable where would I connect it to the harness that the controller is connected to?

Any help would be great
Thanks

dchawk81
12-14-2016, 10:52 AM
They're in the 7 pin already.

Jersey_Joe
12-15-2016, 03:13 PM
Should already b there Ford gives you a wiring harness for that. Should b in your truck

lit up by F150leds.com & 5Star tuned....