PDA

View Full Version : Oem cloth seat fuzzing up

RexReid
03-15-2014, 01:02 PM
My truck is a 2013 with 27,000 miles. I wash it every week and put a towel on the seat whenever my behind gets grubby. Anyhow, on the seat back the fabric is fuzzing up. The seat bottom has loose threads at one of the seams too. I am just wondering how durable this material is and what other people are experiencing and thinking.

RexReid
03-16-2014, 03:33 PM
Well, there have been 436 views and not one person has said anything. I was noticing my wallet kind of rubs where it is fuzzing up so maybe the issue is isolated/caused my me.

zavaral
03-16-2014, 03:37 PM
does your back pockets of your pants have metal buttons. Those little buttons destroy a lot of things. They may be the culprit.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

RexReid
03-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Nope.

jmyallen
03-16-2014, 11:29 PM
Maybe you should spend some of your moldy money so your wallet doesn't rub lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

masonic
03-17-2014, 08:38 AM
No, I have 60,000 km and I wear carhartts almost daily and my seats are still looking new.

fordrules
03-17-2014, 08:57 AM
I just traded a 2012 for a 2013 f150 and the 2012 at 39000 had the seats starting to fuze up. I would have no problems getting in but exiting i find my rear dragging on the seat. I am now a little more concious on my exit.

mrbones
03-17-2014, 03:39 PM
I got a 2011 with 27800 on it and have had the seat cover replaced twice for discoloring and fuzzing up on the side of the bottom cover. My opinion they are just cheap the body guy at my dealer agrees with me

RexReid
03-17-2014, 05:22 PM
I think it is my wallet. The OEM seems of average quality for a truck seat. I am not sure what "cheap" is because they are $300 plus to replace. I took it to the dealer and they are trying to get it replaced. I will probably put covers on it after it is replaced.

mrbones
03-17-2014, 08:03 PM
Just because something cost's a certain amount doesn't mean it cant be cheap material or poorly made just saying not trying too upset you or nothing. I guess I should of been a little more clear. I think the material they use is cheap but they charge a huge amount for it. My other truck made it 90 thousand miles with leather seats before the vinyl side cracked out. This truck only made 20 thousand before the seat cover faded and frayed. Sorry if I upset ya.

masonic
03-17-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm guessing I have this same "cheap" material, have you guys really cleaned your seats before? I'm wondering if I just vacuum and damp rag them or can I steam clean them?

mrbones
03-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Ive never had to clean mine just vacuum them on occasion. Have never spilled anything on them to need to steam them either. The material on mine are very discolored on the side were the crease is and you can see it fraying it looks like crap in my opinion got to take it back to the dealer again for this. I think ford needs to look into the seat covers cause they don't seem very durable and my truck doesn't even get abused its a pavement princess.

RhinoZ24
03-17-2014, 11:48 PM
I'm guessing I have this same "cheap" material, have you guys really cleaned your seats before? I'm wondering if I just vacuum and damp rag them or can I steam clean them?

I used a carpet cleaner on the clothe seats in my '05 with no problem and it worked pretty well. And mine are a little frayed and were repaired by the previous owner but are still holding up well after almost 9 years and 66,000 miles.

RexReid
03-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Maybe you should spend some of your moldy money so your wallet doesn't rub lol

We have very different senses of humor. I like clever, ironic and witty. You seem more like a slap-stick. So you think vandalizing other peoples vehicles is funny. I don't and your attempt at humor here is feeble.

----------

I used a carpet cleaner on the clothe seats in my '05 with no problem and it worked pretty well. And mine are a little frayed and were repaired by the previous owner but are still holding up well after almost 9 years and 66,000 miles.

Hey Rhino,

I was talking about the 2013. I am curious if the cloth is similar though. My last was a 1995. It is very different and seems much more durable.

----------

Just because something cost's a certain amount doesn't mean it cant be cheap material or poorly made just saying not trying too upset you or nothing. I guess I should of been a little more clear. I think the material they use is cheap but they charge a huge amount for it. My other truck made it 90 thousand miles with leather seats before the vinyl side cracked out. This truck only made 20 thousand before the seat cover faded and frayed. Sorry if I upset ya.

Mr. Bones,

I wasn't offended at all, so no reason to apologize. I do appreciate what you are saying and I think it might be poor quality for what it should be designed to do. So what you intended to say is Ford gets cheap/low quality and I think you are right. Did you know that Ford pays people to get in and out of vehicles all day long to check durability?

jmyallen
03-18-2014, 03:09 PM
We have very different senses of humor. I like clever, ironic and witty. You seem more like a slap-stick. So you think vandalizing other peoples vehicles is funny. I don't and your attempt at humor here is feeble.

----------

Hey Rhino,

I was talking about the 2013. I am curious if the cloth is similar though. My last was a 1995. It is very different and seems much more durable.

Well guy we can't all be like you or this would be a boring world. Let me guess your a liberal that lives in the city and thinks trees and bunnies are cute. Others and myself found that tread to be funny. I understand how you considered it vandalism but you don't need to criticise people in a completely different tread because of a good laugh.

cooperf150-06
03-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Alright guys lets just put this to bed. Let it go. We all have different sense of humor and we all can't get along 24/7 but damn. Everyone deep breath in and move on.

RhinoZ24
03-18-2014, 05:17 PM

----------

Hey Rhino,

----------

Mr. Bones,

I wasn't offended at all, so no reason to apologize. I do appreciate what you are saying and I think it might be poor quality for what it should be designed to do. So what you intended to say is Ford gets cheap/low quality and I think you are right. Did you know that Ford pays people to get in and out of vehicles all day long to check durability?

I'm aware of the year difference, just inputting my two cents lol. The clothe is different because they change it as they change the design of the truck, however I can agree that for my gen and your gen truck the clothe material is below par and is very cheap compare to other brands of cars with cloth seats.

----------

Well guy we can't all be like you or this would be a boring world. Let me guess your a liberal that lives in the city and thinks trees and bunnies are cute. Others and myself found that tread to be funny. I understand how you considered it vandalism but you don't need to criticise people in a completely different tread because of a good laugh.

Alright you guys need to calm down, everyone is entitled to their opinions and such. We don't need to drag this out and bring it to every thread. We're here for trucks remember, not gossip and anger against each other. Let's just let it go an move on please.

RexReid
03-18-2014, 06:22 PM

Jimmy,

What you see as funny--I don't. Don't come on my thread with silly comments about my "moldy wallet". Please don't guess at my politics. While I could explain basic economics, they are a different subject than trees and bunnies. If you looked up the economic philosophy of Western Michigan University, you will find that they are very conservative, as am I.

mrbones
03-18-2014, 07:21 PM
Glad I didn't offend you Rex seems some folks are getting testy here for some reason. I agree the material seems cheap but that seems the way of everything these days. It is just aggravating the material is not better quality. I know my warranty is covering but still its just annoying having the same issue three times. I think they are hoping I will not push the issue this time because my warranty is getting close to its end but I got a few months left so I will keep an eye on this one and hopefully get it replaced. Hope they warranty yours for ya.

masonic
03-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Glad I didn't offend you Rex seems some folks are getting testy here for some reason. I agree the material seems cheap but that seems the way of everything these days. It is just aggravating the material is not better quality. I know my warranty is covering but still its just annoying having the same issue three times. I think they are hoping I will not push the issue this time because my warranty is getting close to its end but I got a few months left so I will keep an eye on this one and hopefully get it replaced. Hope they warranty yours for ya.

That just reminded me, The guy at ford told me if my seats get dirty and I can't get them clean with a damp rag then they clean them for free. Forget spending my time cleaning dust out of the seat, I'm getting it done for free.

RexReid
03-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Alfie was bragging about disconnecting transmission sensors on people vehicles at the bar. Many people were yucking it up and I said I thought it was a punk-move. Most of the replies defended it and someone told me to let it go. I am just standing my ground.

Back to seats, my girlfriend has a toyoto 4runner and the fabric seems similar, but it seems to be holding up way better. I am extremely happy with my truck and I don't want to nitpick. I was thinking maybe some duck-dynasty camo for covers, but I don't know....so I thought I would toss it up.

RhinoZ24
03-18-2014, 09:29 PM
I'd recommend seat covers if you are having serious issues with the durability of your seats, it'd be a lot cheaper in the long run after your warranty expires.

Jersey_Joe
03-19-2014, 06:48 AM
Well guy we can't all be like you or this would be a boring world. Let me guess your a liberal that lives in the city and thinks trees and bunnies are cute. Others and myself found that tread to be funny. I understand how you considered it vandalism but you don't need to criticise people in a completely different tread because of a good laugh. Jimmy, What you see as funny--I don't. Don't come on my thread with silly comments about my "moldy wallet". Please don't guess at my politics. While I could explain basic economics, they are a different subject than trees and bunnies. If you looked up the economic philosophy of Western Michigan University, you will find that they are very conservative, as am I.
Guys. Really? Trucks please. I get it difference of opinion. It's all good. let's leave it up there ^^^ and move on please. Thank u

RexReid
03-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Guys. Really? Trucks please. I get it difference of opinion. It's all good. let's leave it up there ^^^ and move on please. Thank u

Joe, I agree with you. However, please note that I never made any personal attacks. I strongly disagreed with vandalizing vehicles and it was somehow concluded that I am a "liberal". I probably said too much and I will stop.

RexReid
04-19-2014, 11:36 AM
I'd recommend seat covers if you are having serious issues with the durability of your seats, it'd be a lot cheaper in the long run after your warranty expires.

Update: The Dealer has agreed to replace the seat back that is fuzzing up, but they refuse to replace the seat bottom where at the seams, broken threads are standing up.

Rhino and anyone else that wishes, what seat covers do you like?