PDA

View Full Version : Tuners

Carolina Boostin
03-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Ok y'all I'm thinkin about a tuner what are y'all's opinions on them? Any brand to stay away from? Any custom tuners you prefer?

jmyallen
03-02-2014, 08:20 PM
I have an SCT with custom tunes from more power tuning and I love it. 87 octane performance, 93 performance which will snap your neck back, and 87 tow

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

alfie
03-02-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm a SCT retailer if your interested in one. Has preloaded tunes for your vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

judaspriest75
03-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Lmao I started to think you were talking about tuner/import car lmao

Carolina Boostin
03-02-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm a SCT retailer if your interested in one. Has preloaded tunes for your vehicle Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much do they run. And will they void my warranty?

----------

Lmao I started to think you were talking about tuner/import car lmao
Heck no lol

RhinoZ24
03-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Personally I like my Edge Evolution, but I have no clue what, if anything, is better for the EB

jmyallen
03-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Mine was 379.00 shipped with 3 custom tunes. I would definitely recommend getting customs tunes vs per loaded because they take the vin # of your truck and make them exactly for your truck and you will see better results. Mpt. Com is where I got mine. Idk about other but as far as warranty with the mpt if something happens and you have to go to the dealer it saves your stock tune and you set it back to that and theres no trace of you have a tuner. I searched for 6 month and settled on the SCT. MPT has a real website and great customer service. When I got mine one tune wasn't up to par for me, I called talked to the actual guy that wrote the tunes and he fixed it while I was on the phone. I haven't had any trouble and I would recommend them to anyone

Carolina Boostin
03-03-2014, 02:36 AM
Anyone runnin livernois?

njtta150
03-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Wait a little while until SCT releases their new x4 tuner.
As for custom tunes I like SSI tunes. Have had great results and customer service is great. You talk to the person who writes the tunes.

Whoever you end up with just make sure you do some datalogging.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Porkchop122873
03-03-2014, 11:30 AM
I'm a SCT retailer if your interested in one. Has preloaded tunes for your vehicle

How much for 09 fx4 5.4l ?

Sent from my iPhone

Carolina Boostin
03-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Wait a little while until SCT releases their new x4 tuner. As for custom tunes I like SSI tunes. Have had great results and customer service is great. You talk to the person who writes the tunes. Whoever you end up with just make sure you do some datalogging. Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
I've heard and seen opposite of that
On another forum there was a thread and Shawn from ssi was way out of line and I've heard of multiple blown motors

RexReid
03-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Sometime I feel too old. My truck is for my work and if I wanted performance there are so many cars out there. A Mustang comes to mind. I can see tuning that. Maybe I should try it before saying no.

RhinoZ24
03-03-2014, 03:41 PM
It makes your truck a lot better, definitely a lot more fun to drive. Gives it more power which I'm sure you could use for work if you tow or haul a lot.

RexReid
03-03-2014, 04:06 PM
It makes your truck a lot better, definitely a lot more fun to drive. Gives it more power which I'm sure you could use for work if you tow or haul a lot.

Mostly just haul my big butt around. Sometimes I get pissy and gas it to go. I think I am afraid of faster. To me it hauls ass already. You are probably right that if I tried it, I'd have to have it.

RhinoZ24
03-03-2014, 04:13 PM
You would like the extra power, I'm sure of it.

jmyallen
03-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Its a night and day difference for sure I could not go without it now lol

njtta150
03-03-2014, 05:38 PM
I've heard and seen opposite of that
On another forum there was a thread and Shawn from ssi was way out of line and I've heard of multiple blown motors

I know of only 1 motor issue and it was a faulty injector.
I have never had an issue with him. I call we talk and things get done. I know some people have an issue with him and know it has gotten heated. Hes also "fired" some customers. His business and he can run it how he likes. I think there is a lot of back and forth with who has best tune and who has had blown motors.

When I started looking at tunes I got 5 star. Thought it was good. Started looking at tunes even more. Saw there was a lot of this persons tunes suck, this persons is great, this one blows motors. This one makes up numbers /times etc etc. I sent pm's to some people that listed multiple tuners in their sigs. Ended up with SSI and couldn't be happier.

You have to remember its an aftermarket tune, things can happen. You have to do your part! You have to data log! You have to communicate with your tuner!

This goes for who ever you end up with.

----------

Also try and find some people around with with different tuners and see how their trucks are.

I know that can be hard depending on your area.

Carolina Boostin
03-03-2014, 07:11 PM
What about canned tunes?

RexReid
03-03-2014, 07:42 PM
You would like the extra power, I'm sure of it.

Rhino,

I know you like it with the eco and it makes a lot of difference. I have heard the same with the 5.0. I am just double checking how much different with the 5.0?

jmyallen
03-03-2014, 07:55 PM
What about canned tunes?

What do you wanna know about them? Canned tunes are pre loaded on the device you buy. For instance they were written for any truck that the tuner itself was designed for, year make and model and you will see little gain. Custom tunes are vehicle specific they take your exact motor, tranny, gears and any aftermarket add ones such as exhaust, tires, intake and make it so you get the most bang. Custom tunes are where you will get your maximum performance

----------

For instance when I bough my programmer it came with canned tunes while I waited for my custom tunes. I have a 02 and my mom has a 00. I could take my programmer and put it on hers with a canned tune but it won't work with my custom tunes on her truck.

Carolina Boostin
03-03-2014, 08:03 PM
What do you wanna know about them? Canned tunes are pre loaded on the device you buy. For instance they were written for any truck that the tuner itself was designed for, year make and model and you will see little gain. Custom tunes are vehicle specific they take your exact motor, tranny, gears and any aftermarket add ones such as exhaust, tires, intake and make it so you get the most bang. Custom tunes are where you will get your maximum performance ---------- For instance when I bough my programmer it came with canned tunes while I waited for my custom tunes. I have a 02 and my mom has a 00. I could take my programmer and put it on hers with a canned tune but it won't work with my custom tunes on her truck. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Are they safer and do they void a warranty?

jmyallen
03-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Well i would think they would be because its designed using everything from your truck, however I've never heard anything bad except mechanical issues before hand that the tuner got blamed for or from misuse. I've never had a problem. As far as warranty not with the SCT Idk about others but if you have to go to the dealer it saves your stock tune and you program that back and there's no trace. Its very simple to use. You must have missed my last post lol

alfie
03-03-2014, 11:42 PM
Ok sorry I forgot to get back here. PM me for prices. I cannot post them. Due to MAP rules.

High tech redneck I tried pming u but your inbox is full.

They won't void your warranty. Kinda the don't ask don't tell rule. If U ever have an issue that u need to take to dealer. Just return to stock and take it in.

RhinoZ24
03-04-2014, 01:10 AM
Rhino,

I know you like it with the eco and it makes a lot of difference. I have heard the same with the 5.0. I am just double checking how much different with the 5.0?

No Eco for me, just my plain old '05 4.6L V8

Carolina Boostin
03-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Ok sorry I forgot to get back here. PM me for prices. I cannot post them. Due to MAP rules. High tech redneck I tried pming u but your inbox is full. They won't void your warranty. Kinda the don't ask don't tell rule. If U ever have an issue that u need to take to dealer. Just return to stock and take it in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As soon as I get to a computer I'll clean my pm box out
Now tht I know about warranty mowin season can't get here soon enough

Ford Fan#1
03-04-2014, 10:01 AM
As soon as I get to a computer I'll clean my pm box out Now tht I know about warranty mowin season can't get here soon enoughyou can clean out your pm on your I phone I know for sure but others not so sure if you have a iPhone swipe or hold one of them

----------

As soon as I get to a computer I'll clean my pm box out Now tht I know about warranty mowin season can't get here soon enough swipe the right side of the message then delete will appear

Carolina Boostin
03-04-2014, 10:24 AM
you can clean out your pm on your I phone I know for sure but others not so sure if you have a iPhone swipe or hold one of them ---------- swipe the right side of the message then delete will appear
Thank you!