PDA

View Full Version : More power

brendan59
03-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Ok guys i was just curious. Is there anyway to turbo an i6? If so how much would i have to build the engine up for it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RhinoZ24
03-01-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm not sure if turbos are possible on the I6, but if it is, or if a supercharger is, it's going to be a lot. Your internals are probably too weak to handle all the pressure. You'll be needing new pistons, connecting rods, cams, basically most of the internals of the engine to be able to take the boost and allow you the extra power.

RexReid
03-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Rhino doesn't know anything. Any engine can be turbocharged and all that are will have shorter life. I am kidding Rhino. Don't turbo charge it.

Raptor05121
03-01-2014, 01:47 PM
You technically *could* turbo it, but it wasn't deisnged for it. The I6 was designed for low-RPM torque. Turbos make horsepower, which is good at higher RPM. Its like putting a dress on GI Joe. If you want to turbo, go ahead but you'll spend a lot of money for little gain. You'd be better off swapping to another engine (5.4L modular) and going turbo or supercharger

RhinoZ24
03-01-2014, 03:43 PM
You technically *could* turbo it, but it wasn't deisnged for it. The I6 was designed for low-RPM torque. Turbos make horsepower, which is good at higher RPM. Its like putting a dress on GI Joe. If you want to turbo, go ahead but you'll spend a lot of money for little gain. You'd be better off swapping to another engine (5.4L modular) and going turbo or supercharger

The Professor recommending a V8? I thought you were a V6 guy? Lol jk

----------

Rhino doesn't know anything. Any engine can be turbocharged and all that are will have shorter life. I am kidding Rhino. Don't turbo charge it.

Thanks...

5pointSlo
05-22-2014, 11:35 AM
The easier power upgrade for this engine is an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and 12lbs injectors. Wakes right up. Still not a race truck but big difference.