PDA

View Full Version : Amps

masonis1
11-29-2012, 08:22 PM
So I have a kenwood HU it's 40x4 or 45x4 I'm unsure but I'm using 2 pioneer 6.5s up front and 2 pioneer 6x8's in back. Both are max 240a 3 way speakers

So my first problem I need help with is, my right rear speaker doesn't have power, the speaker works but the wires don't have power going to them. What can I do to fix this problem.

I also tried installing a Alpine 3547 amp to just the rear speakers. When I had it set up, I had even less power to them as before. Is this the amp or power problem or what. Also with this problem I could hear my engine rev though my speakers. Can I adjust the amp to get more power? An how to fix te engine sound?

And the most annoying problem I have is the rear speaker now shakes the plastic cover creating a vibration rattle noise when a lot of bass. I guess the new speakers are a Lil more powerful hah but how can I keep the panel from vibrating?

I really appreciate everything anyone says.

RhinoZ24
11-29-2012, 09:01 PM
I think the power problem is how much juice those things suck up. Did you say they were 240 Amps? Or was that just a specification for the speakers or something? Do you get less power at night if your headlights are on? If its 240 amps then your problem is your alternator, it can only spit out so much power and you're probably close to its max output then. For more power, you need a heavier duty alternator, or dual alternators if available.

masonis1
11-29-2012, 10:09 PM
They are 240a max speakers.

RhinoZ24
01-04-2013, 02:43 AM
Sorry I never replied, anyways, I think it might be the power output of your alternator is too low, or you have some bad wiring somewhere along the way.

----------

As for the plastic cover, just make sure it's tight and the only thing I could think of is a custom cover, but that could get pricey.

Akula683
05-18-2013, 11:06 PM
I know this is old but some bad info has been put out here. The alternator isn't the issue. Maybe the amp power wiring is too small. Not enough info to diagnose over the Internet but the alternator is not the problem. Makes no sense electronically.

Raptor05121
05-19-2013, 07:55 AM
A stock 90A or 130A alternator is plenty strong for whatever you guys can throw at it. The weak point is the "Big 3" wiring harnesses.

rynbrdnr
08-12-2013, 12:10 PM
I agree with the big three idea, as far as the engine noise it's probably due to the way you ran your wires. I'm willing to bet your power wire is ran with your RCA cables. It's never a big deal with a sub amp but when your talking about a four channel made for mids and highs you always want to keep your RCA's away from any power wires.

Jersey_Joe
08-12-2013, 12:57 PM
^ agreed. Gota run the power wire and rca's seperate